Reviews for In Reverse
Bananarock509 chapter 11 . 9/9
I enjoy your writing but I think th case was a bit... anti-climatic? What I mean is that maybe you could highlight the facts of the case and what they know a bit more. This isn't coming out right. Maybe a bit more group deliberation? Maybe emphasize the more scientific aspect of the group too, like some technical terms for the spirits or something. I don't know, I think I feel like the case ended a bit too simply, maybe highlight that they got lucky that they didn't need a spiritualist because of how Hikari chose to move on on his own? Anyway, good work!
Witch of the South chapter 11 . 8/31
It's 11:40 PM and I need to get up early tomorrow... sigh. But your story was all just way too captivating to put down! It was a bit hard to get into, due to the unfamiliarity of Mai one-uping Naru and Naru for once not knowing things about psychic related subjects, but it turned out highly enjoyable. Of course, since Naru doesn't have a PhD in Psychic Research he wouldn't know that YOU SHOULD TELL PEOPLE WHEN YOU EXPERIENCE A PSYCHIC VISION! I can't wait for Mai lecturing him on how he should share such information, just like canon Naru does. I'm curious as to why Mai is in Japan and to see how Gene impacts the story (I love Gene, a bit of Gene is always good). The twin power duo is reunited?! I'm not sure if this makes any sense (I'm very tired), just know that I look forward to future chapters!
Cabbit and the Weasel chapter 7 . 8/31
Mmmn, I dont know how i feel a about this. the AU itself is interesting, and your writing isn't bad. But does the reversal in situation also has to mean a reversal in Mai and Naru's personalities? Naru emotes too much, and Mai not enough. I cannot see Naru saying 'yeah' instead of 'yes', or call Mai, Mai-chan.

Even if he is a regular high school student in this one, but still with his psychic abilities (or are those changed too, to fit the situation?), I could hardly picture Naru going out of his way to do physical labor without complaint or without Mai helping him out of the kindness of her heart. Or be the one to suggest they not tell the principle that Kuroda was the cause of the poltergeist. Honestly, it would have been more interesting if Naru's canon PK was the actual culprit. That would have been fun. And he was just too prideful to say anything and thought it more interesting to test Mai's intelligence to see if she could find out it was him all along.

As for Mai, I cannot see her being all professional like this without her canon characteristics shining through, her empathy, compassion, kindness, even her temper. I feel like Mai and Naru still wouldn't get along as well as they seem to have in this first meeting that would still lead Mai to calling him a narcissist. And I could see more times than not, Naru still riling her up than doing grunt work for her. And still have Mai be the one to say she'd rather not have Kuroda get in trouble for something see didn't know she was causing.
Snavej chapter 11 . 8/28
GENE OMG GENE IS HERE YAY IM SO GLAD HE'S HERE YAYYYYYYYY
Mo.auxier chapter 11 . 8/17
good luck to you with your degree. I really look forward to how everyone reacts to gene and naru. Thank you for writing!
The Night Whisperer chapter 11 . 8/15
Oh, my God! Gene's back! XD I knew he was coming, but I didn't expect him to come to Mai's office. I guess Naru missing his phone call really freaked him out ... But I wonder how Gene knew where he was. Anyway, please update soon :)
Oh Lord EEEEEEEEE GEEEENNEEEEE
Puff the Evil Dragon chapter 11 . 8/15
Finally got caught up again! And boy, I'm glad I did! It's going great, and I'm totally drawn in. Not that that's surprising, because you're awesome. :)

Keep up the great work! I look forward to the next chapter.
NinjaPenguinLover chapter 11 . 8/15
Yassss, Gene enters. Can't wait. This was splendid.
soulsborne123 chapter 11 . 8/15
Ohh ohhhh! Gene's here! And Mai, so sly with her questioning about Naru's taste in women. I laughed at how Naru got a bit hot and bothered over Mai wearing pajamas, lol. Puberty. Also I loved the first case! It kind of reminded me of the Doll House a bit, a case of misunderstood ghost. I wonder if Mai is capable of astral projection here, or will she reveal it only later on to parallel Naru's PK reveal in canon. And now that Gene is here, there's really no need for Masako (poor girl). I can't wait to see what you got for us next!
Chamele chapter 10 . 8/5
Wow, I've never seen this idea before. I really like what you've done here, switching their backgrounds while retaining their personalities. I'm excited to read more! :3
Mo.auxier chapter 10 . 8/2
I'm glad you've continued this story, as it is truly good. I've never read an interesting flipped story like this one, thank you
soulsborne123 chapter 10 . 8/1
Heeheehee that little scene with the Kanji reading and Naru promising Mai he'd buy her a dictionary. So cute! The mystery behind this case is getting really interesting! I am stumped as to what's happening. And it doesn't bode well that Gene's call was missed and the phone batteries went dead... something desperately wants the trio's attention. Thanks for the shout-out, but thank YOU for writing this story!Looking forward to the next update.
The Night Whisperer chapter 10 . 7/31
Damn it, Naru, you couldn't take a minute to answer the phone? Ugh, poor Gene ... He must be worried sick about him. I just hope Naru calls him back soon because he needs to know that he's okay. Anyway, please update soon :)
NinjaPenguinLover chapter 10 . 7/31