Reviews for Narn Gil Galad
Glory Bee chapter 25 . 3/23/2012
I have spent much of the last 2 days reading your amazing epic, you have done an admirable job of fleshing out characters and stories from the Silm. I appreciate all your research and the compassion you brought to many characters. I also spent a lot of time crying as I read, as your writing allowed me to empathize with many of the character's emotions. I feel like your story is only half done and implore you to continue, even though it has been many years since you have updated. I remind you of your promise made to complete this story.
Alquawende chapter 25 . 4/27/2008
I read this story a few years ago and really liked it. Do you think you could update this soon? It's a really good story.
chisscientist chapter 19 . 4/5/2008
I liked Ael, by the way, and she doesn't seem like a Mary-Sue. She reminds me rather of Ael T'Raellieu, a noble romulan commander who became a traitor to her government trying to stop their unethical actions. Out of curiousity, have you ever heard of her, or is the name a complete accident?
CHISSCIENTIST chapter 17 . 4/5/2008
I just wanted to let you know how much I've been enjoying your story. You have done some lovely characterizations of people who turn up in Tolkein's work as minor characters from the pages of a history. Well done!
Eyes of Kohl chapter 25 . 12/28/2007
I've been reading this story for months. It's absolutely amazing. I love your style. I was just wondering, are you continuing this story still?
O-Finduilas chapter 25 . 12/28/2007
Don't let us wait another year. Please continue writing, Earonn. Please.
Redheredh chapter 25 . 1/22/2007
I am so glad to see you back after so long a time! I myself have not yet succombed to old-age (certainly on my way to dotage, though) and am thrilled that you are carrying on with this wonderful story!

This was a very enjoyable, well-written, and encouraging chapter - throughly betad or not! So, many clever and appealing things within, like Narsil and Telchar, Gil-galad and Gildor. Interesting insight into the different circumstances now where Gil-galad's talent for uniting cannot be applied as easily as before. He is still rather young, at this point too.

I especially like your telling of the Edain's love for their new homeland and how the Valar errored in prolonging their lifespan. I think you were more practical than purist in Cirdan's teaching of the Edain sailors and ship-builder's, but it sat well enough. That and the explanation as to why there was little communication between Numenor and Ennor for centuries. I really would like to hear what you think of the Valar allowing the Western elves to visit the new land when they forbade the Eastern elves.

Let me remind you at this point that I am a helpless nitpicker. But, a harmless one, I swear! I very much want you to continue writing and not get fed up with canon geekery. So, do let me know if you prefer hearing good news instead of seeming complaints. *sigh* But, I simply have to point out in this chapter that you misplaced and/or mixed up Tol Eressea with Numenor on the map.

Totally Laughed Out Loud at the 2nd A/N! Blessings be upon you!
finch chapter 25 . 1/22/2007
It's good to know you had the inspiration to write another chapter - and a very well-written one at that! Lot's of goodies here, not the least of which is Telchar with Narsil (now, of course, I'm curious to find out how it ended up with Elendil, but it will probably take you many more chapters to get there). The reactions of the Elf-lords and that of Gil-galad to Gildor's words were well-handled. Celebrimbor is a sad case; well-meaning though he is, he's obviously set upon the road that will eventually lead to his destruction.

No Gil/El? Really? What a relief! ;)
hit0 chapter 25 . 1/21/2007
trunks2598 here and still alive/kickng :D

just looking back wow its been such a long time ... my last review was 2.5 years ago and i know i printed out your story even before that.

this is so nostalgic. can't read your fic right now cause of midterms but i thought i could spare 5 minutes and procrastinate some more and leave you this review

i'll be sure to read it. :)
hit0 chapter 24 . 7/5/2005
A huge milestone for this story, congratulations and happy writing. You've truly created the best Lord of the Rings/Silmarillion fanfic on this site.
Finch chapter 24 . 7/5/2005
My official (signed) thanks for this wonderful birthday chapter! It's a worthy conclusion to the First Age part of your epic. Both a good wrap-up without any loose threads left dangling - I think this is the first fic ever that deals with the disappearance of Thorondor from the story after the Silmarillion! - and a good set-up for the events of the Second Age, with some suitably dark foreshadowings of Things to Come.

The chapter contained some very strong scenes. In the aftermath of the last Kinslaying you managed to convey the strangling effect of the Oath most clearly by having both Maedhros and Maglor wanting to have their ties cut because of it, with E&E, resp. Maglor's wife. A very good way to show the difference between truly evil and deeply wrong.

The choice of Elros and Elrond was also very well handled, and the part about Cirdan's destiny was the kind of bittersweet I love best. And did I like Earwen? Well, really, how could I not like her? :)

Now on to the next part!
Redheredh chapter 24 . 7/3/2005
You have spurred me as well. ;) Thanks!

This was a great last chapter for this first part of your saga. So many threads gathered up... I wish you had split it into two or three chapters and elaborated more.

Please keep Ael around! She and hers deserved some compassion. Very generous and wise - and politic - of Gil-galad to give them a place in the new order of things. Hopefully, Elrond and Elros will never forget his kindness. Earwen was excellent in her role, performing one of her most important duties as a queen, that of peace-maker. Who could not feel for poor Cridan? You included the Dwarves and that was excellent too! There was just so much here to enjoy!

I really liked your description of Lindon with its fiord-like waters. The gulf coming up to the mountains was realistic and especially well described.

You might as well know I am a big Lindar supporter. I appreciated your mentioning Ereinion's special relationship to the Sindar very much. But, I must nit-pick on something or be untrue to myself as APITA. So for this chapter, just two things. Your saying the "Elves named it Lindon". No, that was only the Noldor. But, you are right that everyone had to agree to call the changed landscape something. IMHO Cirdan talking to the Ents still residing in Lindon is not that likely. But, colorful all the same. The only elves recorded as having spoken to the reclusive Onodrim were Dior's revengers and the King of Lorien. Wood-elves. Never Noldor or Teleri. The ents probably retreated from the rising water just as you have implied going further into Eriador.

So many personal stories, integral to these grand events, were nicely resolved. Very comforting before the next round of angst. The settling of Lindon should prove interesting indeed. ;)

Thanks for writing and sharing! Can't wait to see your take on the SA!
TJ chapter 24 . 7/2/2005
Thank You very much.

An amazing journey you took us on – I can't believe all the characters you managed to explore and all the stories you told so fully…. Quite an impressive work. I can’t believe You managed to stay true and write over such a long time!

Once again, thanks for the sharing.

I hope that, if you will write about the Second Age, you will take time to describe how Ereinion established his court and ruled during peace - I would truly like to see that.

And I wish I could have seen his expression when Círdan informed him about how he is/will be viewed.
Hmm chapter 23 . 4/26/2005
Nice. Saruman was a nice touch. I wonder, was he really a Maiar of Aule? Aule and his Maiar have been fairly rebellious. Aule made Dwarves... Sauron... is Sauron... and if Saruman is then maybe... huh.
one more finch chapter 23 . 4/20/2005
Just realised I'd already reviewed Chapter 22. This is either proof of my split personality :) or an incentive to write a little faster and go a little easier on my aging memory...