Reviews for People Like You
Lilith Kayden chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
I think that intelligence organizations have a higher purpose than you portray here in this story. Specifically I refer to the British and American intelligence agencies and the Soviet KGB and the intelligence organization of the Communist East German Democratic Republic or the Israeli Molsaad. They do what needs to be done, but they are necessary and are a legitimate part of their respective governments.

I think you protrayed Section 31 as too bad and Julian's feelings of unease as a little bit too dramatic, also the negative portrayal of Section 31 by its own representatives was a bit unrealistic. In their own minds they would believe themselves to be heros and would present themselves to Julian in a very positive way-not the negateive way protrayed here. However, I still think you should write some more chapters.

-Lilith Kayden
Ann-Onny Mous chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
very, very good
karrenia chapter 1 . 6/25/2004
So very Slaone. So very true about the organization within the organization. I could really hear the character's voice coming through in this and just how chill the reality of getting Julian into Section 31. Nicely done.
Mel J1701 chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
I always loved the Section 31 episodes and Julian's involvement with them. I loved how this story explores the idea of how he would be seduced into joining them. Julian would see how they would provide him with a sense of purpose and fulfilment and perhaps belonging (something sometimes lacking because of his genetic engineering and prodigious talents).

Have you ever considered doing a companion piece from Julian's POV showing what he thinks if he were to recruit? Anyway, great story and I hope to see more from you in the near future (maybe, more Julian/Section 31 stories- hint, hint!)