Reviews for After the gun goes boom
luckypenguinbuddy chapter 3 . 2/7/2016
Thank you for adding this third chapter of information. It helped to fill in the gaps. What an action packed story and so intense. You really fit a lot in just over five thousand words. Good job. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/12/2015
Great story!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/27/2015
Um, wow, that really was AU when it came to the weapons, but I suppose, okay. I don't really buy either of them (we know Jane uses a Glock 19, and I can't see Frost using a Czech gun instead of a standard issue weapon from BPD), but I guess for the purpose of your story (and explanation to your friend) ... sure, whatever.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/26/2015
Hi lholmq42, and thank you for the reply. That makes perfect sense, both the slightly AU version of our girls (oh, if only they were) and what you meant by academy (we were just using the terms differently, but on the same wavelength as to mechanics). Apologies for saying that they were errors - no offense was meant.

Cheers!
TitaCL chapter 2 . 8/26/2015
This fic is amazing!
Thank you for sharing!.
lholmq42 chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
Just two comments for Guest;
Thank you for your review! The names (Constance vs Angela) are not an error but me making a point that these are alternate versions. My Frost is a bit more cold and calculating than the canon version and my Crazy Jane is a bit more hotheaded and fearless when things go sideways. Maura Constance has fewer verbal tics than Maura Dorthea.
The academy is not the basic training, but a plot device where there has been a spot of affirmative action and female regular officers from all over the eastern seaboard were selected for advanced studies and basically went to "homicide school" to fix the 95/5 gender imbalance in detectives. After homicide academy Beckett went back to NY, Rizzoli stayed in Boston and Lisbon moved to California to get some distance from family troubles.
Guest chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
As others have said, you are too modest about your writing ability - this story was very enjoyable, especially kick-ass Susie (still can't believe what they did to her on the show)! And the legend of Jane is great!

You do have a few minor issues with the medicine and shooting, but they're just that, minor, so it's fine. One thing you did get wrong, though, and might want to go back and fix, is Maura's middle name. It's not Constance, it's Dorthea.

As for the idea of the three of them going through the academy together, that just won't work. Each police department has its own academy, so there's really no way that women from NY, Boston, and SF would go to the same one. It's possible that they might have gone to police conferences or training centers or that type of thing and met there, but not the academy.

I look forward to more of your work.
Mo Phillips chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
You are too modest, you write very well. Thoroughly enjoyed this and look forward to more.
Daseki no Kama chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
OK it was really intense and well written and I love it!