Reviews for Other Half
randomcat23 chapter 4 . 2/23/2016
All I can say is that you write loss and grief very well.

The ending, while sad, is also lovely in its own way.

Thanks for the great read!
randomcat23 chapter 3 . 2/23/2016
"...it hits her like a punch to the gut that she feels more like a widow in this moment than she did when her actual husband died."

Ugh, this line is killer. I could feel my heart clenching throughout this whole chapter. You're really good at writing that anticipation, waiting for confirmation, but it never comes.

I like that you had Eric and Carol bond over this tragedy. It seems like something Carol would do to continue her "neighborhood mom" appearance, but I think she'd come to need it too.
randomcat23 chapter 2 . 2/23/2016
This is my second time through this one. I figured I'd wait for my eyes to dry before writing a review. This story definitely deserves to be reread though. The prologue is beautiful. The first chapter moves slowly, in a tense, dooming way, appropriate, I think, for the Walking Dead.

I liked how you layered the scenes, also.
jessicalynnhunt chapter 4 . 1/15/2016
Why you do this?
Claire Randall Fraser chapter 4 . 1/3/2016
This is absolutely beautiful and yet heartbreaking. Thank you for writing it.
Ally1251 chapter 4 . 9/7/2015
This was one of the most haunting, saddest and most beautiful fanfics I have ever read. Your character interaction is spot on, I loved how I felt an increasing despair over Daryl's disappearance. I literally couldn't even deal with the feels. Thank you.
Cindy2005 chapter 4 . 8/31/2015
That was one of the saddest fanfic stories I've ever read. If I wasn't at work as I finished it, I'd be balling like a baby. Beautifully written and thought out.
TimetravelingArchaeologist chapter 4 . 8/29/2015
Oh my god my heart is just shattered now. But this was so very beautifully written. I'm madly in love with this even if it does make me cry.
Poppy P chapter 4 . 8/27/2015
That was amazing, absolutely amazing. So heartbreaking but with a wonderful ending. She finally knows. Loved it.

Now I'm sad because I don't Tumble.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/27/2015
First ever story to make me cry. It's beautifully sad.
Poppy P chapter 3 . 8/26/2015
No, no, no! A whole year?! That's unbearable. Poor Carol. Poor Eric. I gotta tell you; you're killing me here. I kinda wondered about the idea of making Sasha and Morgan the replacements, but then I remembered how zen Morgan is now and I think it makes sense. The memorial was so sad, but I loved what you wrote about Carol actually feeling like a widow now as opposed to with Ed. I had just about composed myself when I read about them giving Daryl's room to Judith. I couldn't burst out wailing at work, but there were some tears...

I'll be honest; the part of me that loves rainbows and unicorns is still hoping for a happy ending. However, I can withstand the sad ending too if only Carol gets a definitive answer about what happened. Please!

Sorry for the dramatics. It was a great chapter.
Poppy P chapter 2 . 8/25/2015
I loved the idea of Carl making a snowman; he so deserves that. So much heartbreak in that little scene between Carol and Eric. Of course my heart aches for Carol, waiting on Daryl, but the idea of Rick sitting up in the tower, waiting for his 'brother' was really sad too. I don't know if I'm happy with Rick for prohibiting her from joining the search or not. It's terrible to be left behind, but keeping up appearances is important too, I guess. I'm really looking forward to more.
Poppy P chapter 1 . 8/25/2015
You've drawn me in already! This was an intense start. I tried to work out all of the bits. I assumed that it's Carol having a nightmare. I identified some parts, like Daryl finding her in the prison cell, Grady, the CDC, Terminus, Mika/Lizzie and the rag doll is Sophia, right? Anyway, a great start.