Reviews for The Gamer: Tsuna
Eragon135790 chapter 2 . 2/24
love the ff so far, it would be great if mc would have a different familia than in canonn, it would only be logical too because mc is growing u differently. maybe also a bit more ruthlessness for tsuna would be great. (only hopes of mine)
baileygraham273 chapter 10 . 2/23
i like you and i like ao3. please combine.
Wolf1989 chapter 10 . 2/3
I think with how you can designate titles to people that they should just make Hana a Manager/Advisor position. Also I read a lot from AO3 and would love to see you on there. It's a pretty popular website and you would get a lot of followers, and if ya get any flamers just use them to roast marshmallows for Tsuna and the gang.
StoneTheLoner chapter 4 . 1/31
I wish this whole "Each new chapter brings a new friend" thing can stop for a bit so we can actually enjoy the characters. Rushing to the next one kind of ruins their friendship for me. Makes them feel like you're doing a checklist, and thus none of this really matters. The ACTUAL story will start once the entire cast is introduced, I can just check out and wait for that to happen.
StoneTheLoner chapter 1 . 1/31
You got a little ahead of yourself. All he knows is that there's a seal, not that someone placed it on him. It feels weird how quickly he figured things out.
emmalilly21 chapter 10 . 12/20/2020
Yay! Ao3!
Guest chapter 3 . 12/18/2020
I couldn't get past this chapter because of Ryohei's dialogue, especially since it doesn't seem to get better. Stop making him say extreme/extremely in every sentence of his dialogue. He doesn't talk like that at all in the manga/anime. It is EXTREMELY annoying.

Another thing is Hibari doesn't bring up being a carnivore and what not at all in his dialogue in the manga/anime either. He just calls most others 'herbivore."
DragonBlade00 chapter 10 . 12/11/2020
Just found this and I love it. I hope to see the next update on the raid soon. It's going to be epic. Also, it going to be funny when Reborn shows up in a few years
dreamytrippyroll chapter 10 . 12/7/2020
This was definitely a great read. I really enjoyed their friendship, Tsuna's reactions, and the healthy friendships between Tsuna and Hana, and Tsuna and Hibari. Let me tell you: when Hibari gave Tsuna that gift basket, i felt so proud of him and so happy for them to have such a great friendship! Gah, Hibari, you've come a long way...! That sort of feeling.
I hope you'll update again. I especially am waiting for a moment where Reborn meets Tsuna and is totally bamboozled at his competence and general Mafia Heir ness and his strength. I really want to see shook Reborn!
This fic was not like most Gamer fics, but in a good way. Like, in this one, you dont reiticerate Tsuna's superiority over his peers, and you dont stick to the canon story either - which i like. It's more of a teambuilding fanfic - which i really like, and i cant help but compare the gang in this fic's closeness to canon and i think i like this better.
PS: I also really likw how you dont pardon Hibari for every bad thing he does. You try to hold him accountable, which is great. A lot of fics dont do that, since he's a pretty popular character, but i feel it adds to the story's nuance that he isn't some superior being. He's just a kid, just like them - he makes mistakes too. Tsuna Hibari friendship ftw!
dreamytrippyroll chapter 6 . 12/7/2020
I hope Hibari and Tsuna's friendship survives...
dreamytrippyroll chapter 4 . 12/7/2020
Aw, really? I dont like Hana, she hates Tsuna's guts & she is such a downer...
bookimp chapter 10 . 12/1/2020
It doesn't feel rushed to me, I love the delinquents joining as a family. I much prefer AO3.
Tenjo chapter 5 . 11/27/2020
Yeah, I’m not interested anymore. Not only are you sticking to pre-canon too long, too many people are being introduced to and benefiting from his ability which I’ve already explained my issue with. As for the former, my problem with that is that it would have been better if you just showed him getting the ability, him getting a basic understanding of what the ability is and him becoming resolved to become better... then skipped to the start of canon.
Tenjo chapter 2 . 11/27/2020
I’m not entirely sure how I feel about the partying aspect... the appeal of the gamer is that they grow at a significant, consistent rate and end up being especially powerful. In your story, it has the added appeal of Tsuna becoming strong before canon and completely shocking everyone connected to Vongola. The partying aspect ruins that.

Not only does it mean his guardians are with him as he gets stronger (meaning we don’t get their reaction to when his true strength is revealed at the start of canon), it also means they, who are already stronger than him, can grow at the same rate as him. Hibari for example. We’re two chapters in and Tsuna has only levelled up once (from 3 to 4), same as Hibari (10 to 11) but, considering that Hibari was a higher level already that means he’s growing FASTER than Tsuna. I know I didn’t have to explain it, I just wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings about why I’m not a big fan of this decision.
bob4204ever chapter 4 . 11/20/2020
I dunno man that Hibari part asking why he isn't a guardian seems pretty gaaaaaaaaaaaay. this fanfiction community really corrupt my mind.