Reviews for A World in a Grain of Sand
Love Of My Life chapter 20 . 5/1/2003
Finally ;) I was so hoping you'd added a new chapter to a story with Nire and you did. :o)

Oh I so hope they will be able to get through this without too much harm brought to them.

I sure hope Kane gets what is coming to him.

Great chapter girl, eagerly looking forward to the next part.
Rouen French chapter 20 . 5/1/2003
Okay, I've read this part before, but I've got to say it again: Yum yum yum slurp. Love the bit with Nire and LaCroix! ::evil grin::

More. More .

April 'n' Kai (who's beginning to think he wants his own account... But April says she won't let me unless I take up writing. Nire, help! What should I do? :-()
lia chapter 20 . 5/1/2003
At first I really liked where your story was heading and I must admit that you developed the characters really well, but then you just kept on adding more and more plots so that now it's hard to tell what's the real basis of the whole thing.

You've got elves, and were-people and parallel universes oh my! And Nire is really starting to grate on my nerves. I don't know if you planned on her having this affect on the readers, but she's coming off as some sort of omniscient person in need of a serious attitude adjustment. Has she no shame? Nick and Nat let her stay in the loft because she needed help and now she's completely taken over. And what's with taunting Lacroix and having Nick scared of her?

I have now gone from thoroughly enjoying the story in the beginning to simply hanging on with some morbid sense of curiosity as to how you're going to reconcile all of these sub plots into some sort of ending.
Love Of My Life chapter 19 . 4/11/2003
Wow can't believe my luck, I was in need of some fic and there was no new fics at my usual hunting ground so I decided I would start rereading Nire's story and to my luck you had posted a new chapter to this story.

Must've read my ming ;)

Poor Abel, I really feel for this lost child. I really hope that Nire can help him.

Wonder what she's up to, hope Kane will feel Nire's wrath.

You go chica!
Love Of My Life chapter 18 . 4/11/2003
Well since Nire and Jander are in it I decided to read it even though I never watched Forever Knight.

Love the story, great characterizations and lot of things going on to keep it interesting.

Hurry with the next part ;)
Splinter chapter 18 . 3/28/2003
Here's the translation for "I'm bored": "Me aburren".

Story's become, well, wierd. Interesting read but, compared to the previous chapters...well, You got me wondering what's going to happen next. I haven't seen a FK/"Forgotton Realms" crossover. I recognized several of the gods/goddesses names from the Forgotton Realms universe. I half expect Elminister to show up at some point :)
ayana chapter 17 . 3/27/2003
At first I thought elves and werewolves too? What the %#* $%? But then as I read on the more compelled I felt to continue, and now I'm hooked.

I liked the fact that Nick and La Croix are on their way to at least understanding one another. It had to happen sometime right?

As for Abel, I must admit that you've certain developed his character really well. I feel for him and I'm hoping you find a way to reconcile him with a brighter future.

I'm still trying to figure out the whole picture since you've got so many sub plots happening. Please update soon so as to end my misery!

Love the whole Nick and Nat thing (but that's a given) and much as I like tracy, I wish Don could've been in this one too. (He kinda grows on one.)

All in all kudos to you for a great work of fiction so far!
tracey chapter 16 . 3/25/2003
Love the story, but not liking Nire...she is quickly becoming the worst of Mary sues...has all the answers, telling nick and nat what to do, even though it's not her house! she's only suppose to be 16 years old and she plays concert piano, has no fears of even powerful Vamps, and last she is now a powerful Nimir Ra...One or two of these traits I could take but all?

I would like to see her toned down.
Splinter chapter 13 . 3/17/2003
OK, here's my take on the story. It's a great story, riveting, actually. It's well written and shows that Nat has a "motherly" side in addition to her "day job".

Love the Tracy as fledgling vampire and that Vachon survived Divia's attack.

Abel is a great character and portrays the "abused guy" very well and here's my vote on whether to kill his off of not: Thumbs up. He needs to live and see some sort of recovery. besides, if you kill him off, in real life, the case againse Kane would be severely hampered, but, not fatally harmed. Abel needs to have some sort of *mortal* closure. As he already knows of the existance of vampires, the Enforcers would eventually give him the choice of death or being brought across.

But, I can see that Nick and Nat have their work cut out for them if Abel survives. I'm glad that Nick has resisted the temptation to whammy the poor kid into telling everything and is letting nat help the best she can. The way you make her sound...I'd be honored to call her "Mom", even if "Dad" happens to be a vampire and someone I really wouldn't want to anger, and "GrandPa" is yet another I'd avoid upsetting. :)

Not much room to complain, though. I can't really think of where things could be improved. Characters are spot on for the FK ones and even improved. Janette would be one that is very distrustful of Nat, but, I liked how you got them over their differences and moved them into a friendship of sorts. LaCroix, of course, is being the protective master and doesn't enjoy having to extend protection to mortals. Nick is doing what his human nature demands. I'd do the same in protecting Abel and giving the kid a wide berth until he was ready to talk, but, when he did, it would be a doozy.

Good work :)
tracey chapter 12 . 3/7/2003
Great chapter, glad that Janette is not trying to make trouble.

Just a is it that in every fanfic i've read and in this chapter, is Nat always portrayed as short? And Janette Tall? When the opposite is true, Nat is nearly face to face with Nick, Janette only comes to chest level.?
Rouen French chapter 12 . 3/6/2003
I heart, I heart, I heart (no exploding spleens, sorry)!

Let's see, what looks familiar this time? Umm. Vampires are social creatures and Nick's horrible sense of smell. Things that I swear are totally evident in the series proper, but nobody else ever picked up on!

Keep up the good work!

A. "Rouen" French and N.Q. "Kai" Thorn
Rouen French chapter 12 . 3/6/2003
I heart, I heart, I heart (no exploding spleens, sorry)!

Keep up the good work!

A. "Rouen" French and N.Q. "Kai" Thorn
Rouen French chapter 10 . 3/4/2003
Ah! It's twelve in the morning and I just reread this chapter! What happens w/ LaCroix and his futile quest for Fleur? Who is the blond vamp? Does LaCroix get to go sliding into parallel dimensions to find Fleur? What happens?

RF
tracey chapter 10 . 3/4/2003
I like the fact that Nick and LC is trying to change their behavior(towards one another).How you had even LC say things he really doesn't I think Nat needs to give her advice to LC. I can't wait to see if they manage to break their old behavior.
Rouen French chapter 10 . 3/4/2003
Very nice! Oh yeah. LaCroix's a blood-sucking fiend! he kicked some *ss. Wicked.

Okay, I recognize the girl. But what's M'ija (sp?) mean? And do I know that blond vampire with the silver eyes? If I do, he's going to be very happy with his groupie.

Oh, and he has those Cadbury cream eggs you wanted.

Pax,