Reviews for A Few Leaves In The Forest
Jedi Honor Bound Ninja chapter 1 . 1/28/2003
This is very good, your doing a great job from legolas pov.

Also I like the idea that Arwen and Legolas might have been suggested to marry each other, its different and gives meaning to Legolas giving the pendant back to Aragorn.

-Insane Muse
Lady of Legolas chapter 3 . 1/22/2003
Is that it!I'm glad that you didn't kill him but I want to read some more,please?
eck chapter 3 . 1/20/2003
Good job! I almost screamed when Haldir died in the movie so i always love it when authors bring him back to life...lol
Elf of Sirannon chapter 3 . 1/15/2003
Yay! He does not flippin die. I refuse to make him die in my story too. In my fanfic he comes to live in Eryn Lasgalen with the Legolas, who has to rule in Thranduil's stead as Thranduil decides to sail West. (Legolas' younger brother is sent to Ithilien in his place).

What can I say? I just couldn't tear Haldir away from Middle-earth. He has to stay in my story. He's too beautiful.

And this is wonderfully written by the way. I like the title especially, you know your Tolkien.
anna chapter 3 . 1/15/2003
You CAN'T leave it there! I demand a sequel! Merciful gods, I think you writers take courses in how to torment the readers. I bawled when Haldir died in the movie. I'm glad to see a story where he somehow manages to survive but now you need to tell us what happened next! I loved that fact that you put a girl in amongst the dead. I always believed that some of the women wouldn't have sat idly while the men battled.
Lirenel chapter 3 . 1/13/2003
YAAAYYYY! Haldir lives! Wooohooo! Please keep writing!
Mirkwood chapter 3 . 1/12/2003
I'm gonna make sure my sister reads this, she's been crying over Haldir for the last three weeks. Crying! And she doesn't even like him! I like the way you use the movie and the book in this story. Please keep updating!
Kal the Magnificent chapter 3 . 1/12/2003
*glomp* HALDIR ! *happy dance*
Aldariel chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Till today I've seen the movie four times - and my tears have grown with each of them... maybe I can stop them next time, because now I know: HALDIR LIVES! Thank you for that amazing piece of fanfiction! :-)
Fire2 chapter 3 . 1/10/2003
YAY!

*runs, dances and jumps around squealing with delight*

THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Great fic and I agree with you 100%

HALDIR LIVES!

and go you!
ethiercn chapter 3 . 1/7/2003
I liked it. The characters stayed in character. Its a nice story about friendship and very realstic
Littlefish chapter 3 . 1/6/2003
Hey Jay! I know this review is EXTREMELY late, but I finally managed to grab a few minutes and sit down and write it out. I really liked this story! HALDIR LIVES! Yippee. You did such a wonderful job writing this, that it was actually like watching it over again, this time with an alternate ending. How many times have you watched it? Must be many to be able to remember it like you did. I have seen it three times now! :)

I also really liked the part with Gimli and Eowyn learning about Legolas being a prince. Very interesting and quite amusing.

Well, great job, and I once again apologize for the lateness of this review!
TreeHugger chapter 3 . 1/6/2003
Well, I must admit that I was so glad to see that Haldir lives...yes, I know I already wrote that ...deja vu here for a moment! Glad I am not in the Matrix! I am so glad that you changed the battle. If PJ can make big changes then so can we, and what better way than by righting a wrong! Stirring, Jay! Utterly stirring!

Elenath sila erin le!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Great take on the movie scenes, I really liked it. Especially the scene where Legolas (unintentiomally) let's the truth about his father out of the bag by wishing for those hundred archers of Mirkwood... great blending of movieverse and book here! Thank you very much! I feel this fic gives a lot of theses scenes more depth than the movie did. Oh, and I especially loved the changed ending concerning a certain elf! ... blast PJ on this one, whatever he thought he was doing... Hah. It is a much beter ending for the fic.

Another question: Would you consider writing an epilogue? something about how the survivors of the elven warriors dealt with the situation after the battle's end? I felt his was sorely missing in the movie, and it would be a great addendum to this fic, IMHO... (meaning, I would think it great!)

Thank you for this ic and please write more!

Aislynn
mirkwood cat chapter 3 . 1/6/2003
thank you, thank you, thank you! yay - haldit lives!

beautifully written and I love the book bits you added in...
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »