Reviews for A Few Leaves In The Forest
erunyauve chapter 3 . 1/5/2003
I'm happy that you saved Haldir from the clutches of Peter Jackson's evil scheme. I liked the interplay of Legolas and Aragorn, hinting at a friendship that most of us assume was in existence before the Fellowship was made.
JastaElf chapter 3 . 1/5/2003
Marvelous chapter! And yes, if PJ can change the battle, so can you. (grin) I love that Legolas managed to save both Haldir and two Rohirrim younglings all in one fell swoop, as they say... that's our Elf!

Heh. "wot? 'e's a Prince?" Poor Gimli... finding out that his friend is the son of THAT Elven-King, of the infamous Cellar Incident before the Five Armies... (snicker) I'm dying to see their conversation later!

There will be more, won't there? (whimpering and begging...)
Crazy Lunar Maiden chapter 3 . 1/5/2003
i'm glad you made it so that Haldir lives. i was in total and utter shock when i saw the movie the first time. i enjoyed reading this, you added your own thoughts and views to the storyline without making it really obvious, and you kept a great flow going.
Yami Jay chapter 3 . 1/5/2003
Cool thing to do, let Haldir live for once. Anyway, good fic!
Karri chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
lol I'm not sure I'm astute enough to catch the differences, but an enjoyable read again all the same. Poor Gimli - travel behind the prince of Mirkwood all that way and never the wiser. I can see why that would upset him. ;) great story! Again, thanks for providing a better end for Haldir.
RogueCajun chapter 2 . 1/4/2003
OH MY GOD! (jumps up and down with joy) Thank you thank you thank you thank you,Hadlir lives(begins jumping up and down again) I bow to your greatness,it was really a shame that Peter Jackson killed Haldir because now all the Haldir fans,like myself,are angry with him.

Namaarie~Ryne Elvenphoenix~
Lady of Imladris chapter 2 . 1/2/2003
Whoo hoo! Haldir lives! You go! I like the story by the way. Any chance of continuing or a sequel?
AngelMouse5 chapter 2 . 1/1/2003
Great story, sums up what I think Legolas was feeling during the helm's deep sequence (I saw the movie last night and loved it)

Looking forward to seeing if your going to do another chapter or not..

Mouse
Mirrie chapter 2 . 1/1/2003
eeeeeee! You made me happy! Thankyou thankyou!

Haldir is alive!

This is a very very very good story! (Not just because of Haldir)

Will there be more? Please continue! I wanna read more of this!

*puppy eyes*
The Oboist's Apprentice chapter 2 . 12/31/2002
a good fic, i especially appreciate how you mix book and movie. and thank you for not killing haldir...:D
Jocelyn chapter 2 . 12/31/2002
Yeah! Darn right! Take that, PJ! (Pbbbffftt! Sticks tongue out)

Poor Haldir, getting bumped off just for drama's sake. I've searched the books, and it's obscure at best as to what happened to him. I was actually able to forgive the presence of elves at Helm's Deep-or maybe it was just sheer relief that Arwen wasn't among them, since that would have been a REAL stretch!

You really gave us a look into our heroes' heads, especially Legolas. His thoughts in the book about the absence of elves in this fight were interesting, and I think if elves had been there, that's how he would have reacted. It was a rather long journey from Mirkwood to Helm's Deep.

Great story! Did you say there was an epilogue? I'll check. If not, this was a good ending anyway.
Jay of Lasgalen chapter 2 . 12/31/2002
I think I agree with the criticism of this chapter - I wasn't 100% happy with it, and think it's too disjointed. When I've seen the film again, and can find my copy of The Two Towers (it's vanished into that black hole called 'clearing up after Christmas') I'll extend and repost it.

I wanted to include a couple of the wonderful lines Legolas gets at Helm's Deep, and also wondered what Aragorn would think if he thought it was Legolas who had been killed.

Can anyone tell me if it says anywhere in the film that Legolas' father is king, or even that he's from Mirkwood? All I can remember is that he's from the 'woodland realm' and is introduced as 'son of Thranduil' in the EE in Lorien.

(Yes, I know it says all this in the books. But this fic is movie-based.)

Look out for the new, improved, extended edition of 'A Few Leaves' soon!

Jay
PuterPatty chapter 2 . 12/31/2002
Damn right, he lives! Interesting you're the third person in about a week who has said this. The other two seemed to have information that this is actually true in the movie. If so, I'd sure like to know where they got such information. I suppose I'll have to go hunting around the rumor mills.

Anyway, great update. I love Legolas' subtle move there to save the two children. He was very vexed that they had to fight in the first place. And love how he took charge when Aragorn was distracted by grief. He is our Prince! Also, I thought the musing on the absence of archers from his home realm was well done.

But now I'm going to say that you need a third chapter, to tell us what happens when Haldir wakes. Please! This story is great!
Willow Myst chapter 2 . 12/31/2002
I always love reading about what happened at Helm's Deep. I'm not a big fan of fighting, but it is such an emotional scene. Great job and thanks for not killing Haldir!
Staran chapter 2 . 12/31/2002
yeehhhhhhhhh! Halder's alive! PJ really upset me when he killed him! please carry on with this fic.
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »