Reviews for A Few Leaves In The Forest
Sonata Arctica89 chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
Great!

I'm just wondering if you have read the books?Really when I read the summery I thought it was gonna be following the book but now that I rewad it I'm glad it dident D

dee
JastaElf chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
Jay, this is delightful! I like the added layer of meddling Adas wanting their children betrothed all those long years ago, and Gimli calling Legolas a "laddie"... (grin) sometimes I think they forget how old he is! And his slip in letting out the news of his rank-nicely done.

This has the feel of more... will there be more? (huge anime Begging Eyes of Doom...)
galadriel1013 chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
I felt the same way when Legolas returned the Evenstar to Aragorn, that Legolas was telling him that he approved of Aragrn and Arwen and was in a way giving his blessing. Wonderful story, I really enjoyed it.
Wild Iris chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
Helm's Deep was my favourite sequence from The Movie II, and with Legolas being the main character in this expansion, how could it not be good?

Interesting how you made the "you're late" scene plausibly non-slashy (about the first non-slash version of it I've seen!), even including a fascinating snippet of backstory about Legolas and Arwen. There was a genuine sense of deep friendship there.

I liked Legolas' feelings of helplessness, even cynicism, witnessing the huge weight of adversity against which his own skills, formidable as they are, can make little difference. And then his being proven wrong by the arrival of the Elves, and, more subtly, by the dismissed "single horseman" whose arrival actually did make a significant impact!

(One could suggest that, with his far-seeing eyes, Legolas might have recognized Aragorn sooner. Depends on the distance when he first saw him, I guess...)

Legolas doesn't talk much about being a prince, does he? Compared with Aragorn's I'm-kingliness, he's remarkably discreet on the subject of his royalty. I liked Gimli's astonishment at realizing his friend's status. Nice, too, that the only noticeable 'book-verse' insert was Legolas wishing for some Mirkwood archers - obviously, he still feels to be part of his own realm even when angered at Elvenkind in general.
Lina Skye chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
This is a good story!

I, in particular, love the scenes you portrayed. I love the short argument in which Legolas and Aragorn speak of the odds against them...

Also, the symbolism of Legolas approving of Aragorn's and Arwen's relationship was awesome!

Also, you reviewed my Fear Not My Writer story..and I just wanted to say thank you. (I read your story b/c it intrigued me, don't get me wrong)

My grandma is doing better and she is home now, thank God.

GOOD WRITING! YAY YOU!
psycho pixie chapter 1 . 12/28/2002
Very good! Just saw the movie, so I get what you're talking about. And btw...DAMN STRAIGHT HE AND ARWEN AREN'T GETTING TOGETHER! Thank you,but he and I are already married. *JK* Very entertaining. Kudos!
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6