Reviews for Irulan
TigerLily713 chapter 38 . 10/16/2003
Well done, I look forward to more!
TigerLily713 chapter 35 . 10/16/2003
That was heart-wrenching! You've done an amazing job of capturing their grief and confusion. ~Lily
Fondued Jicama chapter 37 . 10/15/2003
Ok! Off to the 2nd part...

The symbolics in this chapter are so thick and strong I could take it like day old pea soup and spread it on bread. Hah, she must think she feels annoyed! Having a handsome, wonderful man hang on to her like a puppy. Well, she should at least be glad it was not Gimli-!
Fondued Jicama chapter 36 . 10/15/2003
I need to go to bed...Again...I was so close to being done! Not fair!

You know, Love is such a flippant thing in Society, we forget what It really is. It lives and breathes and flows, and those spider guts are still an my wall, and it's 12:33 PM and I'm on the computer reading fics about an imaginary man(Elf), whilst ranting and raving over Love. Oh, yeah.
Fondued Jicama chapter 35 . 10/15/2003
'...Aragorn was crying and every word, every tear made her fear into something bigger, until it enclosed her and blocked out the sun. A darkness descended on her, so fiercely that it brushed aside all memory of sunny days...'

I wonder just WHY tears do that. I hate it. Actually, I hate that this damn story is so intriguing...I should have been to bed an hour ago.
Fondued Jicama chapter 34 . 10/15/2003
'...like the shore receives the glide of waves, like leaves receive the touch of the sun, like the earth receives the cool kiss of raindrops. It felt as right and natural and welcome as those things.'

Helpless romantic again. And I'm so happy to be here.
Fondued Jicama chapter 33 . 10/14/2003
'"It is like being mad!" she said slowly.

Chemarit chuckled. "More like being sane, Irulan."'

It's impossible to understand, and not. Simply. *Laughs* Are you getting tired of my confusigating reviews yet?
Fondued Jicama chapter 30 . 10/14/2003
'And yet, that was no ring. It was Sauron himself.'

Evil, it seems, is just that. It's, well, satan himself. In the ugly upturned lip of a sneer. In the cold, hard, horrid feelings we have for our enemies, in our greed, lust, and insubordination. It's funny how it seems like the Ring is sort of a Pandora's Box- it's all evil, all the way through, and all there is for us is Hope. I hate to say it, but humans ARE the Ring, sort of. That's kind of why this passage (quote, thing) gave me a prickly feeling.
Fondued Jicama chapter 29 . 10/14/2003
No quote...I'm still getting over the inch wide spider I just saw jumping down my wall. There's a nasty three-inch long trail of guts down the wall now, and it's...disturbing. I really should clean it off.

Where there is one, there is more! Gah! NO!
Fondued Jicama chapter 28 . 10/14/2003
'So I bind thou to me,' she thought silently, 'And the stars shall be my witness.'

There was a lot more good stuff that this chapter says, but I think that this one little line encompasses it all. It's like- she had no visible proof, nothing to touch or to hear, or smell, or drink, or taste; nothing to speak, see, or conceive with any of her senses, yet it was there and it was alive. And being the hopeless romantic that I am, and also quite fond of poetry, this idea sounds very good to me.
Fondued Jicama chapter 27 . 10/14/2003
This is the kind of stuff I wish *I* could come up with! It's...brilliant! I didn't do a quote becuase the whole latter part of the chapter is genius. Hilarious.

That would be like someone going, "Oh my gosh! He tried to paint my toenails!" And everyone else was all, "Oh no, he didn't...!" You have inspired me to go out and come up with something like that...*snif* But ~I~ do not have an elf to braid my hair.
Fondued Jicama chapter 26 . 10/14/2003
'...it was the undeniable creaking of old, rusted wheels set in motion.'

There's those wheels again! I'm quite fond of those wheels, you know. Quite fond.

Ah, yes! 'Meet me at the Flagpole' is tomorrow! Well, just for my school. Why they had to have it at seven AM I'll never know...
Fondued Jicama chapter 23 . 10/14/2003
'The memories slowly engulfed them, becoming some odd common history and binding them to each other...'

This, here, is a bit of humanity that people rarely see. Most of us think that to talk about your loss will only make it worse, but in truth it doesn't. It can just be very hard to do.
TigerLily713 chapter 20 . 10/14/2003
You've done a magnificent job of describing the shifting. Very well done. Lily
TigerLily713 chapter 17 . 10/14/2003