Reviews for Far Away Flame
Reader Adrift chapter 3 . 10/4/2022
A somewhat poignant view of Edward and Bella as they grow up - on again, off again "boyfriend and girlfriend," but lifelong friends above all. I like the references to an actual event like the Challenger tragedy and the medical condition alopecia, both of which provide opportunities to reveal more about your characters' personalities.
Reader Adrift chapter 2 . 10/3/2022
You've captured 3rd grade thinking, logic, and peer pressure perfectly as I remember it and I'm 72!

Your Edward is wise beyond his years and it's obvious in both this chapter and the last, that his parents have both taught him well and lead by example. "You're my girlfriend and my friend. I don't ever want you to get hurt."
Reader Adrift chapter 1 . 10/3/2022
The innocence of young love! Looking forward to the years ahead for young Edward and Bella! Your story is off to a great start, well written and punctuated, offering no distractions to your words. Thank you!
Kksmum chapter 24 . 10/2/2022
This is such a great story. My favourite Edward and Bella.
Third time I have read it.
Guest chapter 26 . 9/8/2022
I love mature E and B stories. Thank you.
Cheesebuff chapter 17 . 9/9/2022
I like this chapter and them reconnecting, but I find Edwards behavior towards her many times over the years dismissive. She was busy so he made new friends and ignored someone he supposedly care alot for. He ignored etiquette and brought a date even though one was not indicated on the invitation without asking if it was ok. Then he ignored Bella. Then he said he would call and then ghosted her. Even now she is doing all the work. I understand he was in a bad place, but to forgive Leah's awful behavior and blow off Bella, AGAIN, is inexcusable to me. From this point on, he needs to make the effort or she deserves much better.
Elle Whitecap chapter 26 . 8/15/2022
Aww what a wonderful story
Elle Whitecap chapter 10 . 8/15/2022
Ugh this chapter gutted me because it’s just so real. I had a relationship just like this in high school and now only seeing them on Instagram is bittersweet.
Marliarna chapter 20 . 7/30/2022
Edward should keep his appointment with the advisor but then fly out to Jersey immediately after. Carlisle and Esme would spot him the last-minute airfare in fractions of a second, if needed. Bella may be there awhile.

(When Renee was talking about heartburn in a previous chapter, I *knew* you were setting Charlie up for a heart attack. That's what happened to my younger brother. Kept dismissing the pain as just heartburn until he collapsed one night while out with friends. Hopefully Charlie will recovermy brother didn'tdied at age 55).
Marliarna chapter 16 . 7/30/2022
My nephew named his cats Linus and Lucy-third generation Peanuts fan.
Marliarna chapter 18 . 7/30/2022
The slambook pre-dates the 1980s, actually. I remember them from the 6th or 7th grade, which for me was 1971-72.
Marliarna chapter 13 . 7/29/2022
I've been to Arizona in August. It's the Devil's winter home-that's how hot.
mitzywan chapter 26 . 6/14/2022
This is probably one of the most touching fics I've ever read this year. I find myself rereading my favorite scenes because I am just so obsessed and I absolutely didn't want this to end. I was very touched with Jasper's gift to Edward. Seeing them as kids and as adults engaged to be married side by side in a picture frame must have been otherwordly for Edward and the inscription describes them so perfectly. The wedding is just PERFECT. Sending so much love for this story! Thank you very much for sharing your talent!
UntitledEnder chapter 26 . 3/16/2022
This was so damn heartfelt and just beautifully written. I loved every minute of it. Thanks for this.
Paliia chapter 26 . 2/15/2022
I didn't want to read this. I didn't want it to end. Such a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing :)
3,580 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »