Reviews for The Empty Bag
sosueme chapter 4 . 3/11
Intriguing. Smartly written and paced, can feel their heartbreak, tangibly almost. I'm not usually a fan of high school fics or close cannon rewrites, but yours I like. Looking forward to more ;)
Wow that was awesome..really waiting for Jacob's wolf appearance
moniquecullen chapter 7 . 2/5
I personally love the Jane Eyre with Michael Fassbender in it. And the girl from Alice in wonderland
Wow,that's just...intense
guest chapter 32 . 1/13
Good story

guest chapter 25 . 1/13
good chapter.
Well Oh my we may have ignition Houston.
That female needs to be exterminated quickly. She will either Kill Charlie or Bella or both.
guest chapter 10 . 1/12
I really like your Charlie he acts more like a father than like a room mate
Lillywhite1 chapter 32 . 12/29/2016
Thanks for writing this wonderfull story! I love your writing.
Lillywhite1 chapter 10 . 12/29/2016
I love your strong Bella, it sounds like more realistic behaviour then the original one. Thanks for writing this!
Smeedyfics chapter 32 . 12/8/2016
I love this story. The first few chapters are agonising, but it's worth it in the end!
Renee Aubin chapter 32 . 10/25/2016
Oh gosh, I’m sorry to have come to the last chapter of this excellent story.

So sweet: ‘Every once in a while during class or when we're studying at home I'll glance over at him and find him watching me. Once he sees me looking he'll turn away quickly with a warm smile on his face. I always blush and look down, trying to hide my own giddy reaction. It's like we're keeping a secret from each other— but it's a secret we both know.’

Oh yes: ‘"What?" I ask, … dragging my eyes away from his delicious mouth to look at his eyes.’

After their brief glimpse of sun - I love her unapologetic flirting:
"But you in the sun," I continue. "Mmm, that's a killer combination. I do miss that."

Smart girl: ‘His button down shirt is open down the front, something I did right when we arrived.’

Perfect time and place for his proposal – it’s even somewhat of a surprise since it takes her a minute to figure out what’s happening.
Smile: ‘I open my mouth to respond, but nothing comes out. He continues watching me with a hopeful and scared look on his face. The longer I stay mute the more scared it becomes.’

Lovely: ‘He tugs me forward into his lap and I hug him like a starfish, holding him as tight as I possibly can with my arms and legs. The ring feels heavy and foreign on my hand, but I love having it there.’

Now this makes sense to me: “I just want to get past the wedding part and get to the being married part."

When she agrees to get married on his birthday,
‘…Edward whoops and rolls us over, sitting up and pulling me into his arms again.’
Have I mentioned how much I love a happy Edward?

Genius idea having Alice do a pencil sketch from her vision of the wedding. Clever:
‘She said that Edward was so calm about everything because he was constantly seeing these types of visions in her mind. He knew that no matter what happened on our wedding day, we'd always end up looking at each other just like that.’

Wonderful pre-wedding moments with Charlie. Sniffle.

Excellent:
‘It isn't until I look up toward the end of the aisle that everything else around me becomes foggy. I see him. I see him watching me with a look on his face that erases all my nerves and worries. He is waiting for me. Me. His smile sets my soul on fire…’
That last phrase is terrific!

Good for her: ‘I throw my arms around his neck, kissing him back fiercely, not even caring that people are watching and clapping. I'll remember this moment for the rest of my existence and I'm not going to be distracted.’

Aww: ‘The level of comfort and intimacy Edward and I have reached since our wedding night is beyond anything I could have comprehended.’

Excellent idea, repeating the “take a shower with me” theme on their wedding night.

And it’s so lovely that they had months of experimenting with each other, so that those final “bases” were steps they’d been looking forward to, not something unknown and intimidating. And still, ‘The thought of not only seeing him, but touching his bare skin and having him touch me, it was both terrifying and exhilarating.’
Yumm: ‘We stayed up until the early morning, taking it so slow.’
Fabulous: ‘I remember the way he threw his head back as he entered me for the first time, and how he cried out as my body squeezed him and how he could barely control himself.’

Such an improvement over the canon honeymoon: ‘I often fall asleep right after dinner from exhaustion, but always wake up eager to feel his body against mine once I've rested a bit.’

A nice echo back to early in the story:
‘It is hard to remember what he used to be like with me, because now I feel like he's a completely different person. … when I think about it…not different at all. Just more. He's always been affectionate and eager to be close…’
That last is a good thing to remember.

Yaay: ‘After that first time, it was almost like something inside of him unlocked. He unleashed himself.’

Delicious lovemaking on the beach after he returns from his hunt. And thank you for this note of realism: ‘I start slow, letting my body adjust for several minutes until I'm relaxed. It still takes my body time since it's only been a couple weeks.’

Makes sense: ‘Last week Edward told me that because of his heightened senses, simple touches feel incredible. The actual act is consuming and beyond anything he can describe. … It is all so intense for him that whenever he feels me orgasm around him he follows quickly behind.’

And without the demon baby they actually get to have some FUN during the summer before heading off to Dartmouth!
‘I always imagined we'd travel together someday, but I honestly didn't expect it to be right now. I'm trying to calm my excitement, but I'm about to explode.’

A delightful epilogue! I agree with you, I can’t see them passing up the chance to have a baby before Bella’s change.

Thanks so much for this thoughtful, imaginative, and affecting story. It’s hard to imagine, after all this time and thousands of fanfics, that it’s still possible to come up with a unique and fabulous take on the canon story, but you have definitely done it! Oh yes, and I do hope you are inspired to write more someday.
Manuela chapter 32 . 10/21/2016
Realy nice story. I actually liked it better then original. And I always thought that Bella is overreacting about age difference. I'm two years older then my husband and never made difference. Not to me, not to him, not to anybody since everybody thinks we are the same age scording to looks. Anywax. Nice story. True love. I wish we all could find are own Edward Cullen. Shame it's only a wish.
mamato chapter 31 . 10/17/2016
God, I just adore this story and it's my 2nd time reading it. I loved how you explored these canon characters and kept them true to who they are. Thank you so much!
1,670 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »