Reviews for The Colour of Dying
JessicaJones chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Ha, forgive me for being a dorky fan girl of *you* all of a sudden, but I kinda just read *everything* you have on (I might be a little unemployed...) and have you noticed you do variations on a theme?

loghain snape, elissa hermione, alistair ron (xander)

Except, you know, Snape is WAY more messed up. But he sneers and has dark oily hair so... yes! The same!

Anyway I just wanted to say it's really cool, since you wrote this many years ago but there's still this common thread of grimness, where good people lose their sweet innocent first loves and replace them with the sad reality of the world, but still manage to continue the good fight.

Wow this was a long review that might possibly sound like a criticism but it's not. Themes are awesome! All great writers have them... right? I would give examples but this is already the longest review in the history of EVER, it could possibly be longer than this fic, so good night!
Elsa2 chapter 1 . 3/2/2004
So marvellously bleak. Bitter with only the merest hint of sweet. Loved it.
OzRatbag2 chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
A startling outpouring of grief, wrapped in a shroud of rememberance.
The points of view, the gestures, reactions and the seeming impossibility of life, are all tangled in a deceptively complex story.
I have no doubt that this will be one of those stories that haunts me for a very long time. Such is the nature of any piece of exceptionally well crafted prose.
I'm so glad I found the link from your LJ, otherwise I may have remained in the dark about this little treasure.
Akhlys chapter 1 . 11/21/2003
Incredible. Absolutely brilliant. I am at a loss for words.
wallyflower chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
I read the reviews. I think Strega Brava sums it up best-"intense and raw". It's audacious, frighteningly brilliant poetry.
Sarah chapter 1 . 1/16/2003
Poignant. Beautiful. Bravo!
Strega Brava chapter 1 . 1/1/2003
Wow...is about the most coherent thing I can come up with. This was intense and raw and I quite enjoyed it! Happy New Year!
Carol chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
This knocks me flat. When the story's over, the subject has all been used up; there's nothing left to say. Exquisite in its small, terrible way. Wow.
Luna Writer chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
I'm lost for words. I really am. How can I discrieb some thing like this.

Fantastisk?

Helt nydelig?

Angst og samtidig håp?

I think the last one is best. I can't transelat it directly, English don't really have the soem words whit the same meaning. But the closest would be angsty, but there is still hope. but hope is wrong, it's more like a not romantic hope but some thing like that. Okay now I babeling and I'm going to stop.

But I like it. I really did.

Luna (ö,)