Reviews for A Better Fate
Melanie Dawn chapter 1 . 7/8/2003
Somehow I missed seeing this. I followed a link on rec page. I'm glad I did it's just gorgeous. Wish I could write half as well. I would love too see more stories from you keep writing.
dora1 chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
This is REALLY good.

'Her fingers travel through the dusk to land at the collar point of your shirt.'

Everything's fluid; you really play with his point of view. I like it.
Vanilla Tiger chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
just right. Wonderful Giles characterisation.
wallyflower chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
This definitely deserves more reviews than it gets. An excellent one-shot; in so few words you've managed to explore quite well the many layers of Giles' character, and to add some more substance to Anya's as well. The narrative-part accusing, part sympathetic, I think-flows very nicely, and I think the quotation is quite appropriate, if only for the latter part of the fic. And there is, of course, the style; this fic is a gem in a fandom where authors try very hard to capture the charming forced lightness of the original series. Instead you chose this perspective, harrowing and just a bit haunting. It reminds me of Jeanette Winterson, or Jean Rhys.

I don't normally read A/G, but this one has me reconsidering my opinions.
Anki chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
Wow, this was awsome! Really well written.
NevermindDaria chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
excellent. congratulations on being the first a/g fic i've read that wasn't b/s as well. giles is a complicated man, and quite deserving of the same exploration in fanfic that other characters so often get. this was really well written. i'm looking forward to more from you.