Reviews for one door closed to shadow
Dusty chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
What a lovely story! I'm bummed I didn't see this one sooner, but better late than never, eh? You're an excellent writer. Your descriptions created a very vivid image in my mind and your character voices were extremely well done. Way to go!
divine one chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
really just a lovely lovely fic
Doctor Strangelove chapter 1 . 11/22/2007
Oh wow. Just... I'm at a loss for words with how much in love with this fic I am. It's just amazing. Absolutely the best Giles/Anya fic I've ever read (and that's a good number of them). I loved everything, from the way the narrative described the setting, to Anya's recollections of her past, and especially the growing affection between the two of them. This line in particular stuck out to me:

Rupert Giles was civilised. His feelings were not.

Really just a fantastic story in all regards.
sarah chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
This was absolutely incredible. Anya and Giles (particularly as a pairing) are two of the most misused and misunderstood characters in the fandom. You wrote them both PERFECTLY. Bravo.
KJS chapter 1 . 1/9/2006
I know you wrote this QUITE a long time ago, but I've only stumbled upon it now and I've got the need to review it because it's simply... gorgeous. The way you utilize flashbacks of past incidents really worked (so often I see it done badly, it's a joy to see it done well!). I really love how well you work with both perspectives, particularly with Giles. The "So he never opened the books" line was perfect, that sort of willful decision to ignore the knowledge really appealed to me, it was certainly a reaction I could see Giles having given how defining knowledge is for him. This was just beautiful to read, your language seems like poetry at times. This just warmed my day up a little. :-)
mskakaako chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
I wish I had found this sooner so I could have encouraged you to continue this story. It's written beautifully. Thank you!
nmcil chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
This is such a great story - the elegance and simply to the words gives such depth to the characters. I love the dignity and the recognition of their in eveyday environment and emotional growth and healing.

It is a beautiful piece - loved the lines about the flowers - The Greatness of Flowers - truly a metaphor for the entire mystery that is Life.
Christina K chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Inspires me to keep trying to finish my Giles/Anya story. I knew I would like it when I saw the Neruda credit (he's a fave of mine) but you did a great, great job of getting inside Anya's head, and Giles's heart. Nothing is easy with them. *happy sigh*
keelta chapter 1 . 1/31/2003
Hope your planning to continue this story! It is really beautifull.
Appomattoxco chapter 1 . 1/12/2003
This was just perfect I loved it.
NevermindDaria chapter 1 . 12/29/2002
that was beautiful. you've made me an a/g fan alright. keep up the great work!