Reviews for Tailings and Tales
I'm Hermes chapter 4 . 8/17
That was a heart-warming end! For all Barliman's flaws, he has a good heart and a fair mind. Thank you for this story! I loved it!
I'm Hermes chapter 3 . 8/17
It's really become apparent how alike Aragorn and Elrond are, in the way that when teaching a lesson, they each help their "pupil" to come to a conclusion!
I'm Hermes chapter 2 . 8/17
Oh poor Barliman. He doesn't realize that Aragorn needs to be Aragorn, even (or especially) when he's being cheated.
I'm Hermes chapter 1 . 8/17
Young Barliman is adorable! How old would Aragorn be here? I can never keep track of his age :p
Ethuil chapter 4 . 8/15
Absolutely loved reading this! Interesting backstory for Butterbur and some great storytelling on your part . Thanks.
PythonAnon chapter 4 . 4/23
This is a brilliant story! I'm so glad I found you again so I have this chance to read your other tales.
NekoMara chapter 4 . 1/11
This was an amazingly sweet story. I always love to read about characters only mentioned, the little people if you will, and I am impressed by this little tale. I will check if you have more stories now, it is rare to read something so well written! Please continue to share your skill with us!
Paxwolf chapter 4 . 12/5/2016
What a fabulous story. Again, I have to applaud your skill as a writer. You capture both Aragorn and Barliman so incredibly well here, and the story within the story was as engaging to me as it was to its listener! Thank you so much for writing this - it was so thoroughly enjoyable. (And I really think it's time for a LotR re-watch now - you've drawn me back into Tolkien's incredible world.)

Thank you.

Pax :-)
DalekQueen7 chapter 4 . 12/1/2016
I LOVE the ending of the story - both of them. Your writing is amazing.
Hobbyist Writer chapter 4 . 11/27/2016
Beautifully written. I love the imagery and Barli's point of view.
KrnYong chapter 4 . 8/23/2016
This is the best fanfic I've read in a long time! The story within a story was so well done, it was so clever that it resounded with Butterbur both as a child and as a man. I was on the edge of my seat for the third chapter, wondering when he would meet Aragorn again and if he would recognize him. It would be amazing to see his reaction once he realizes that the Ranger of the past is in fact Strider, who in turn is the King!
FireFrost076 chapter 4 . 7/4/2016
Aw man, this was so fun to read! First Barli experiences Strider's tale as Theoden, being the same age and all, but then he waits long enough to exerience the story as Eagle 15 years later! And thennn the story ends with a moral about not being afraid to act against your superiors in order to do the right thing (but still being respectful to em) and I SO wish to have seen what barli would have done at age 9 if he'd heard the rest of the story... I like to think he would've helped Aragorn scrub the floors; not deliberately acting against his father, but still helping nonetheless. Great job, thanks for the read!
Mel's Etudes chapter 4 . 7/2/2016
What an interesting story. And fantastic characters. Thanks for posting! :)
PastOneonta chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
This is excellent. You captured this characters perfectly. Reading on...
Guest chapter 4 . 6/5/2016
As always you write wonderfully - incuding the Story within the Story. Would be worth a few good meals! Many thanks.