Reviews for The Tisroc and the King
Cosette 24601 chapter 13 . 6/19/2020
I really hope you come back to this, especially as you said there’s only one chapter left!
silverstarling21 chapter 13 . 6/15/2020
This is an awesome story! I was really disappointed that it's incomplete. Please finish it! I can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 13 . 6/6/2020
This is one of my favourite fan fictions yet! It’s so well written and feels genuine. It really hooked me in! Argh and yet, the final chapter is missing! Author, I really love this and I hope you finish it soon! 3 stay safe from coronavirus
PineNutPesto chapter 13 . 4/12/2020
So sweet! Though I am still very uncertain how Aravis' problems, at least, can be resolved if she turns back. She's really between a rock and a hard place.

I'm so sorry this story is unfinished. But into my alerts it shall go! Perhaps one day...
PineNutPesto chapter 12 . 4/12/2020
I'm glad Cor is finding his own way. It's true that the time in which he reigns needs him, not Lune. But I feel for him. Only time will tell what his decisions will come to. He must feel terribly uncertain, and for good reason.

Also, Aravis/Cor! :D Can't wait!
PineNutPesto chapter 11 . 4/12/2020
_Finally_ they meet. But I have a feeling this is not the last of their troubles.

Phenomenal story! Thank you so much!
PineNutPesto chapter 5 . 4/7/2020
Oh no. :(
PineNutPesto chapter 2 . 4/7/2020
This is fascinating and complex. I am riveted. Thanks for posting!
ybba15 chapter 13 . 8/28/2018
I love this omg
Nameless chapter 13 . 8/12/2018
Please keep it up! I really enjoy it.
Le Faucon Bleu chapter 13 . 6/4/2018
Agh! I can't say if it lived up to the hype, because I've had so many ideas whirling through my head about how the reunion might happen, but my eyes did tear up repeatedly, so there's that. The way they knew each other's mannerisms and thoughts and touch - it was all so much! So wonderful and heartwrenching for these two souls that know each other yet have never been with each other. Absolutely glorious. I will be eagerly looking for the one-shot, and of course the final chapter. I fear that there is no happy ending for these two, which would be unbearable, but your writing is so wonderful that I might be able to endure it.
Thanks for writing.
ailem2707 chapter 13 . 6/3/2018
Everytime I read this, I fall more in love with this story. Thank you so much. I’ll be waiting
veracidad1990 chapter 11 . 10/28/2017
awesome! hurry and add more!
Le Faucon Bleu chapter 11 . 7/7/2017
Ahhhh! AHHHHH! It's finally happened! And I never guessed it would be like this! I was on pins and needles the entire chapter, and it only got worse and worse as it progressed.
You have done a remarkable job in capturing the apocalyptic feel from both perspectives. Cor, knowing that this is the last stand of his small nation, and Aravis, knowing that she will be murdered soon. It's so dark and fantastic. And then a sandstorm shows up and flips everything on its head. Great twist.
When Aravis is thinking of the reasons why she has embarked and endured on this entire scheme, remembering Larasaleen and the other women, and their children, and all Calormen women and girls in general, I am reminded of Emeth the Calormen from The Last Battle. If I recall correctly, Aslan told Emeth that every good deed he did in the name of Tash was actually done unto him, and every bad deed done is Aslan's name is actually done unto Tash or something like that.
Sorry that I jump back and forth between reviewing on FF and AO3. I didn't even realize I was doing it until today. I guess I just click whichever email arrives first. I'm glad you're posting on both. I feel that AO3 is the better-designed site, but I really want to see both of them flourish.
Desperately awaiting the next chapter. Thanks for writing.
Le Faucon Bleu chapter 9 . 3/15/2017
The conversation between Cor and Corin had me at tears.
I'd like to read this story to my daughter (when she's older) because you write Aravis as such a strong, brave woman, and especially so against the backdrop of Calormen misogyny. I appreciate that she feels great fear and dread but pushes through it to further her goals.
I have a question: what are the approximate ages of Cor and Aravis in this story? I don't recall C.S. Lewis ever assigning a specific age to them in HHB (now that I think about it, did he ever give any of the children an age?), but I supposed they were between 10 and 12.
Thank you for writing.