Reviews for Naruto: Hidden Potential
NeKo and Tori in one chapter 8 . 6/22
oh, I really am saddened to read that you wonÄt finish this most interesting story, but I can understand loosing interest in the fandom due to what happens in cannon(which is why I only read fanfiction. Seriously, I haven't read or watched like more than maybe the first half? at most?.)
Anyways, I just thought you might still like to hear that I really enjoyed this story as far as it went
namelessjoker chapter 9 . 5/6
I completely understand you! Honestly I wasn’t able to come to terms with how Naruto ended, since the ending was in fact shit. The fact that Naruto wasn’t actually inaugurated pissed me off the most, especially since the reason was complete and utter bullshit. Kishimoto completely ruined his series when he decided to bring unnecessary romance into the story (I absolutely hate NaruHina, because technically Hinata was a stalker for the most part). This is why I read fanfiction since many people are disappointed with how the story ended and turned out.
Satoru Ryoma chapter 9 . 2/14
I totally understand your reasoning man, but it has been almost a year now. I hope your interest will come back. One of the things I love about fanfiction is that we can read what we couldn't but wish to read in the series. Don't let the cannon take your muse away. Narutoverse is an amazing universe, and we can still create something beatiful in fanfiction with that. I personally can't, no talent in writing. But I do admire the people who can and give us an alternative Narutoverse story. So I really hope you will come back to this.
DanielHimura chapter 7 . 11/8/2017
Did Danzo used Kotoamatsukami on Naruto? Is that the inner voice? Will it be broken eventually?
ethan.lukkar chapter 9 . 10/29/2017
Magnificent chapter can't wait for more please update soon.
Master Warrior chapter 9 . 8/10/2017
I agree with all of the points you made. But with the pairings, at least it is better than Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion because the main character died.
Chrisfragger chapter 1 . 7/15/2017
Very well written so far.
Aya Wanderlust chapter 9 . 6/3/2017
Hmm.. truth be told, ive stopped watching and reading the manga during the 4th war. Im a NaruHina fan so i guess i was happy they were together. No matter, the canon story is not satisfying enough for me to drop reading fanfic because i cant find closure with the canon.

Your fic has been quite interesting so far. Im not a narusaku fan but i respect your choice and this is your story you're writing. I wont lie that it does give me a little bitter taste on how it feels like you're bashing on kiba. Yet again, it is your story, your fic. It is interesting enough to draw me in and curious enough to wonder how this goes.

Good luck. Thanks for sharing your imagination with us.

Aya wanderlust
Nemo chapter 9 . 4/8/2017
I understand your feelings, as I was disappointed with many aspects of the second half of the series myself, many of the reason you just outlined. However, your reason to discontinue your writing struck me as cowardice while also squandering a great opportunity. One of the many great things about writing fan fiction is it allows one to correct many of the plot holes, poor writing, time constraints, or a studio valuing profit over art (Nothing wrong with that, even if it is frustrating). Personally, as the story played out I was upset to see Naruto pretty much waste his three year training trip. Besides learning some basics that Kakashi should have already taught him (such as using a shadow clone to throw him mid-air to alter trajectory), and how to make a bigger rasengan, he did not learn much of anything. Considering his already incredible level of stealth, you would think that traveling with a spy-master and saboteur would teach him a thing or two. Not to mention no learning seals or sage mode or anything. Why not? And how come such a legendary shinobi such as Jiraiya never thought to show him the true potential of shadow clones? How much more could they have accomplished with shadow clone training speeding up his progress? Now, I have not written all that as a rant, but rather to point something out to you. You already have elements of that going on in this story. Instead of getting disgusted with the series and abandoning this story, why not write Shippuden as it should have been? You're a great writer and I like this story. You are starting to correct some of those mistakes. You have shown Naruto to be growing and getting stronger, but also retain his personality. Naruto is Naruto because of his warmth and brightness. It is a shame Kishimoto hates smarts characters and wrote hisself into a corner with that. Naruto is clever when he actually puts his mind to something. So many other writers here in trying to progress his character turn him into something he is not. He ends up being too hardcore and cold. You have balanced that out really well. Sasuke's and Sakura's characters too. You even have me starting to like this Sakura and I have never liked her. You have a chance here to correct all the mistakes in the manga, so I hope you see this and consider what I have wrote. You have a great pace and development and I want to see how the series would have progressed had you been in charge.
dai sennin kurosaki d naruto chapter 9 . 4/9/2017
just read fanfics. shortly after i finished the manga i quit watching the anime. naruto should never have gone the route it did they rewrote the story just to support 1 popular pairing instead of staying true to the original intent. anyway the only joy i get from naruto now is solely from fanfics.
pervysage1 chapter 9 . 4/6/2017
I get that you don't like the ending and all but don't stop writing the story's they are seriously good man
Guest chapter 9 . 3/29/2017
Yeah, I can understand why you'd lose interest in the series as a whole after the ending we were given for years of loyalty. I'll admit I lost interest once NaruHina was confirmed canon, personally never liked Hinata's character and never saw what was so appealing about her, but I checked in every now and then just to see if things were getting better... they haven't and likely won't for me personally. You're completely right about how they strayed away from their original message of how the future isn't set in stone and how working hard will help you reach your goals, I hate how all the major anime/manga do this nowadays and I'm just waiting for the day One Piece starts this kind of shit with pairings being more important than individual character and plot development. I'm sure there are a lot of people who don't understand and will give you shit for your decision, but know that there are just as many who do understand and appreciate what has been done and look forward to if or when you decide to take up writing Naruto fiction again.
Some random dude chapter 9 . 3/29/2017
damb you salty AF
UpZ chapter 9 . 3/31/2017
I can see where you're coming from with your lack of motivation for this story. Now this might be because I supported NaruHina but the ending wasn't a huge let down to me. The introduction of Kaguya because Madara was too strong did irk me, kinda hurt all the buildup. But the final arc, even with it's silly moments, I enjoyed. It displayed growth in many of the core characters and culminated in showing complete character growth and maturity in Naruto and Hinata.

Just like the story started about an little kid whose dream was a selfish one of becoming Hokage (solely for love and recognition). Naruto (both the show and the character) matured, especially in part 2. The show was now about a a young adult who's goal was to end conflict and create peace for all after saving his best friend. As such he stopped running around yelling about being Hokage and started getting stuff done, because being Hokage was now a lower priority.

The ending we see he accomplished his goal and is in line to become Hokage, the marriage (and falling for Hinata) was the completion of his character arc. He was now a man that was REALLY in love and not a crush and ready to finally attain true love and acceptance. Being Hokage was still a goal but just took a back seat to everything else since his original reason for wanting it was solely being recognized by everyone who treated him badly, and after being recognized by everyone it became less important than having a family. (or I could just be reading too much into this story as someone who liked a NaruHina relationship much more than a NaruSaku one)

I am pissed that Naruto never had his real inauguration though, he deserve to have at least that. I'm also pissed how he apparently spent so little time with his kids after growing up without a father but I guess you won't like everything...

tl;dr: I disagree with most of your reasons, though agree with some
Harry chapter 9 . 3/29/2017
Can't say I blame you mate, the ending was dreadful, and Kishi has not done a good job justifying the end, he's been all over the place with his interviews, and the way both Naruto and Sasuke ended up is ridiculous. Two orphans who wanted to family, only for one to bugger off before his daughter is born and the other to be a overworked slob whose own son despises. I might be a salty Naru/Saku fan, but I would have atleast been OK if Naruto looked like he was happy and a good parent, but no had to be lame parent so they could continue to milk the franchise with his lame son.