Reviews for The Definition of Normal
This has got to be the longest fabric I've read in one sitting. I loved it so much, just really good plots and storytelling and weaving everything together. Amazing.
Matt chapter 48 . 7/15
You know, people are always misusing that quote. The quote is "All power TENDS to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely", by Lord Acton. It's the TENDS that is the important word there. It means that while it quite often happens, it's not a forgone conclusion. You should never use a quote or adage without verifying that you have the correct original version of it. Many people in my life have used quotes which, when I checked them for accuracy, turned out to be partially or even completely inaccurate. I particularly enjoy when people quote something they swear is from the Bible and it turns out not to be anywhere in that book.
Difdi chapter 71 . 7/7
Regarding your author's note about migraines, feverfew is a specific painkiller for migraines.
Difdi chapter 68 . 7/6
If you toast a marshmallow over burning enchanted objects, is the result magically delicious?
Difdi chapter 63 . 7/5
If it's so easy to destroy a deathly hallow, then odds are being master of death is nothing to worry about - and they didn't need to destroy the stone in the first place. Of course, just because something is fragile doesn't necessarily mean it's not important - after all, you can defuse a nuclear bomb with a hammer and a vial of the vaccine for smallpox is ordinary glass.

Were it me though, I'd get myself checked for compulsion charms before taking irrevocable action. After all, Dumbledore loved those things, and it's pretty odd for people with immense reasons to not obey his orders to be zealously obeying his orders.
Difdi chapter 62 . 7/5
Plus, assuming that the stone, wand and cloak are evil and must be destroyed is an excellent way to doom yourself later on. Just imagine, discovering two days after you destroyed them that they're the key to saving the world. Oops.
Jordan chapter 18 . 6/23
I love this story, it's very well written. However you have the optician say that Harry's eyes are still growing. The problem is your eyes are full size from birth, they're the only body part/organ that is. Regardless, loving the story
VoldiesBedroomSlippers chapter 75 . 6/19
Kudos. Really enjoyed your story. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to write it. I'll be sure to check out any new ones you may write in the future.
Difdi chapter 33 . 6/14
Two things. First, the British equivalent of the United States Miranda warning is different than what you had the constable recite to the Dursleys. Second, a solicitor is a lawyer who handles civil lawsuits - a lawyer that handles criminal defense is a barrister.
Difdi chapter 21 . 6/13
Why would Fudge have signed the order sending Sirius to Azkaban without trial? Having Crouch and Dumbledore sign it just makes sense, since Crouch was the head of the DMLE at the time and Dumbledore is the chief judge of the court. But at the time, Fudge was head of the Department of International Games and Sports IIRC, which makes no sense for him to sign the order.

The Minister for Magic at the time Sirius was tossed into Azkaban was Millicent Bagnold.
Difdi chapter 19 . 6/13
By the standard that Harry has enslaved Dobby, then Tesco has enslaved Hermione. After all, both exchange something they have plenty of for something they don't have, that they would die without.
Difdi chapter 7 . 6/13
Dewey and Howe? Did Cheatham and Screwham retire?
Verdauga chapter 8 . 5/30
Good.
rosebud90 chapter 75 . 5/13
Love your story it was great looking forward ok reading more of them
Readerjkr chapter 15 . 5/11
I like the way you have Remus and Sirius take charge in their interactions with Harry from the start. Being interested in his studies, etc. That’s quite rare in fanfiction.
1,978 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »