Reviews for The Definition of Normal
Kcmo1995 chapter 31 . 9/20/2019
Okay... real talk for a sec. So i have really liked this story so far but i am having one major issue with Harrys character that is really offputting and is making me contemplate putting this story away for later. That being said i really think for harry only knowing sirius and remus for a few weeks he lets them have way to much control over his actions, especially since he doesnt really know them and they dont really know him. It kinda feels like they are hampering his character more than supporting it. Besides that though your writing is very well done and thought out and i really commend your abilities as an author.
misherukuro chapter 75 . 8/23/2019
Thanks for sharing awesome writing.
Guest in Europe chapter 60 . 8/20/2019
I’m absolutely loving your story... like the way disputes and conflicts are resolved rather than flying out of control, yet you manage to maintain at least some level of drama and tension.

I must just point out a small quibble - and it is literally a matter of taste... Milka is absolutely bog-standard supermarket chocolate in most of mainland Europe; nice but nothing special. At the very least they would like Lindt or if they really wanted something tasty then Leonidas, which are real high end products. If you haven’t tried the latter then treat yourself, it’s very special. Obviously, compared to Herschey (sp?) which I only had the dubious pleasure of teying once, Milka would taste like heaven, but I’m guessing Honeydukes is way superior to that.

Back to the story, for which thanks... your chocaholic reader in Europe.
marvinkitfox1 chapter 28 . 8/22/2019
Sorry, but the whole thing with the Dementor is SO contrived.

In the original it can be excused, because sirius was still at large, dementors stationed at hogwarts, etc. And even then it was an obvious plot manipulation to give harry reason to learn the patronus.

The way you have it here, is simply ludicrous.

I assume you have umbitch trying to assassinate harry because he hurt her darling fudge's reputation?
This is fin. But using a dementor makes no sense when the dementors aren't deployed already.
Its like saying a 'random' dragon attacked the hogwarts train. Such an event would cause an ENORMOUS furore. Yet the dementor is relegated to mpf, we'll open an investigation. Now toddle off and have a fun year at hogwarts.

Weak sauce, dude!
marvinkitfox1 chapter 11 . 8/22/2019
Maybe its just me, but surely putting a TRACKING COLLAR on Padfoot (who is still and escaped prisoner and fugitive) is not the brightest of ideas?
Tracey Young chapter 75 . 8/17/2019
Great story. Thanks.
Kiki1770 chapter 22 . 8/12/2019
Your writing style definitely needs some getting used to. I can't remember the last time I read a story that was mostly dialogue. It almost reads like a screenplay, but with just the dialogue. I wish there were more details and more description. No one's emotional and mental responses are mentioned. It's hard to get a sense of where the characters are and who is in the room with them. You have also introduced many characters in the past 20 chapters and without much description, following the dialogue, it's hard to tell who's talking and who's who. On the one hand, this style still allows you to get the story across, on the other hand, it's difficult to empathize with characters and get a sense of growth from them.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 50 . 8/4/2019
Something else you might want to look at for external storage is a Western Digital external hard drive. Keep your back ups in at least two places.

JimS
maxthedragon chapter 9 . 7/26/2019
I'm sorry I can't go any further it probably is a very good story but there are conversations between three people and you don't give any indication of who says what and it's just got to confusing, I read stories to relax I don't want to have to concentrate in order to understand the conversation so sorry I'm gone
Gemcatcher chapter 43 . 7/17/2019
Ok, this is as far as I have gotten (is that a word?) but I am thrilled with Fawkes being able to talk to Harry! This is the first fan fiction I have read where he does anything but just trill.
agnar chapter 70 . 6/17/2019
seems like Flints rape victims ought to get compensation too. Put the money in a fund then have someone who can't reveal names put in charge to distribute it.

Crucio and the attack were bad but healed quickly. suffering a rape can have lasting effects.
BlazeStryker chapter 41 . 6/18/2019
You know, I have to wonder how many charms were placed on James.

I daresay Severus can't stop wondering, either.
Millie072 chapter 75 . 5/31/2019
'Definition ' holds up in a way few fanfics manage. After multiple readings it's still a pleasure to return. Every reading picks up more details either skimmed over or missed in previous readings. Writing a fun detailed novel with believable characters in less than 18 months means many kudos to you. Thanks for hours of pleasure.
phngolovely chapter 13 . 5/30/2019
I can’t imagine Serius talking down on Harry about his homework in such an insensitive way. After years of guilt and longing for his godson, I’d think he would try to be more caring. After all, it’s not like Harry had much time to worry about things like homework
phngolovely chapter 6 . 5/30/2019
As much as I love reading stories that give Sirius freedom and a future with Harry, I can’t stop noticing how SIMILAR a lot of details in this story are to A Marauder’s Plan by CatsAreCool.
I understand that a lot of ideas and plots can be commonly used in fanfics, but the bits like: the will reading, Remus’ Stewardship, the scholarship from Lily, the binding on Harry’s core? not to mention the emphasis on the Noble and Ancient Houses and Wizengammot and probably some political stuffs in the future. To top that off, A Marauder’s Plan was also written before this story (2012).
Not that I didn’t notice some of the different things: this story took place before 3rd year instead of after, which obviously should lead to other facts (the events in 3rd year had not happened, honestly!). Therefore, I have decided to read a few more chapters to see if this story will turn into something else.
That being said, I might have foolishly missed your disclaimer that you took inspiration from the other story, or maybe it was another of your pennames? If that is the case, please accept my sincere apology and know that I love the story with all my heart!
2,313 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »