Reviews for And So We Burned
The Lieutenant Sarcasm chapter 1 . 8/19/2016
I've just reread this for the fourth time and thought it was about time I left a quick review. You write beautifully, you have the personalities of the characters spot on, and you've made me fall a little bit in love with your inquisitor. Well done!
N.Q. Wilder chapter 3 . 2/24/2016
Hey, girl, hey. I thought I was supposed to get updates about this story, but then I didn't, so I didn't see that you finally posted the chapter until just recently. Oops. My bad.

Anyway, you already know that I love your work and also this chapter in particular. You did a great job of giving some punch to the gut moments which I always like seeing. There's a good mix of light and dark moments in this chapter. Overall, I like the changes you made. I think you did about the best you can do with the arm situation, even though you know my strong feelings on the subject. I still feel like losing an arm would have to be a bigger deal, but whatever. I get not wanting to go into the psychological trauma of losing a limb. I also would not relish getting into something like that.

It's sad of course that you've completed the story, but it really was great. I immensely enjoyed your take on things and your portrayal of Sera's voice was spot on. Not to mention you've got expert technique and you're clever as hell. Basically, just killing it.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into these stories and sharing them with us.

-C
mille libri chapter 3 . 2/1/2016
I love these two - they make me laugh, they make me cry, they make me sit on the edge of my seat bouncing with anticipation. I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again - I wasn't wild about Sera in the game, but now that I can see your Sera in her, I like her ever so much better. So sad to see these two go, but glad to see them together as they're meant to be.
mille libri chapter 2 . 10/12/2015
You have this wonderful way of dragging the emotions up and down and upside down, like riding a corkscrew type roller-coaster, and showing all sorts of facets of Sera and the relationship and Elisabeth in the process. Despite my general lack of interest in in-game Sera, I never have any trouble finding my place in her head while reading your stories and immersing myself in the world she lives in, and I come out feeling like I know things I didn't know before, which is an awesome way to end a story.
CharlieBarrow chapter 2 . 10/12/2015
I really liked this chapter :) Especially the jealous start and the sweet ending. I look forward to the next chapter :)
N.Q. Wilder chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
Wonderful writing, as always. You already know that I'm a big fan of your style and your work. You do such a great job of bringing these characters to life and staying true to the story that you want to tell. This is also a very funny story. The first exchange with Dorian, Sera, Iron Bull, and Elisabeth was just too cute and hilarious. Thank you for positing it; it was an absolute joy to read.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
Always happy to see some Sera/Trevelyan fics, there definitely isn't enough. This was a great read. I've read a few of your stories and they are always enjoyable and really well written. Look forward to more
mille libri chapter 1 . 9/11/2015
That was really good. I liked the addition of the wound and the voice of the Titan in her head, and I love, love your Sera and her Bethy. Always glad to see more of them. Lovely dialogue from Dorian and the Bull, too, both of them spot-on. I also quite liked the edge to Shaper Valta, which fit very well. (Also, proofreading note: you've got her as "Valka" quite a few times.) Looking forward to more!