Reviews for Breath of the Inferno
ShadowDraken69 chapter 1 . 6/16
please do the rewrite, i love this story and really want to read more
GoodHunter chapter 1 . 6/15
...interesting...Daphne is different sure, but I'll reserve my judgement until after I've read the story, nonetheless good work tho.:)
Mookatookabooka chapter 4 . 6/9
Please start updating this or rewriting it. I love the story
Noxlux013 chapter 4 . 6/6
I’m impressed. You’ve managed to avoid most cliches and put your own spin on the few that were unavoidable. You’ve managed to keep to the saying “you can't give Frodo a lightsaber without giving Sauron the Death Star” in how you’ve portrayed Voldemort, and I can only hope you do the same with Malfoy Sr.

I really like the various special abilities/blood gifts that you’ve introduced, though I am curious if Dumbledore has anything like them, and Voldemort too for that matter, other than the Parselmouth thing. If you ever bring Neville into the spotlight I’d love to see what you do with him, most of the time he gets some sort of generic nature mage kind of ability, but maybe you could go for more of a classic Druid style? Having him transform into a two-ton grizzly bear full of bad attitude would be quite intimidating. Or, for a more humorous route, a honey badger. If you don’t bring him in, meh, no big loss, I like the characters youve already got running around.

I am curious how Hermione is going to compensate though. Daphne, Padma, and Parvati are elementals, Tracy has the whole Valkyrie thing going on (which is awesome and something I’ve never seen even in Marvel crossovers), and Harry is, well, Harry. I’m not saying throw her a special ability, that would just be lazy, but she will want to keep up with her friends. The only possibility I can think of at the moment is to play up the brainiac angle and make her a master of controlling the battlefield (if you’re familiar with MtG, think a stereotypical blue mana player). An illusionist might be another possibility if you haven’t already reserved something like that for Luna. Or maybe you have something completely different in the works already.

When the parents were discussing training, weapons were brought up for Harry. While I’m not too sure on how useful that would be, the idea of him deciphering the Goblin manuscripts in his hoard for metallurgy techniques and becoming a sort of “mage-smith” would be a nifty approach that I don’t think has been done before. It would also be poetic irony to use their own techniques against them the next time a Goblin attack come knocking. This could also easily incorporate the use of runes, which I look forward to seeing how you deal with them.

Keep up the good work. I wish I had found this earlier, then I would have given four reviews instead of one enormous one. I promise I’ll try to review every chapter from here on though. Probably won’t be as long though.
imortal333 chapter 3 . 6/5
I’ll be fairly honest before I leave this fix and don’t look back. I had really high hopes for this !creatureHarry fic in the first chapter. Your writing is excellent. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about my first impression of you yourself, if the author notes at the start of chapter 3 meant anything. Nearly the whole thing reeked of condincinding attitude. I won’t say more on the matter since I don’t know you personally and the other notes aren’t quite as bad.

As for problems with the writing, giving other characters doesn’t make Harry less special, no, but being absurd with them is another thing, AU aside.

Hermione for example, never showed any talent in wandless magic in the books or movies liked you showed in the battle with the trolls. If you’re going to give a character super powers, make sure to give a good reason, or at least allude to it. Another thing, though slightly less of a concern, was Dumbledore effortlessly rock climbing, though this is slightly less of a concern in a AU setting.

My biggest problem was the Quirllmort fight. That was beyond stupid. It was like watching an episode of DBGT, where we all know the villain of the day Goku was fighting would’ve died 30 minutes earlier if he had simply become a super saiyan. There was no reason for a battle-hardened Harry to not transform and burn Quirrlmort to cinders. And magic or not, I’m pretty sure biology 101 would’ve rendered Quirll’s body useless if he tried to turn all the limbs around to the point the bone snapped.

I wish you well in your future writing endeavors.
This is a creature harry done right, at least in the first chapter. Then you ruined it by introducing what is basically a future harem and even worse depowered harry who is a mother fucking dragon. Just burn Voldemort to death, don’t stand here like an idiot.
Low-Lying chapter 2 . 5/26
That fight with the trolls was brilliant
Low-Lying chapter 2 . 5/26
I love it
Bigtexjr chapter 4 . 5/25
Great story hope you finish it.
ZimmMaster chapter 4 . 5/12
This is the greatest Harry is a dragon story I've read since Dragon Child by Kirkmenistan. I am enjoying this very much. So much that I could not stop reading till I finished it. It is now 1:16 a.m. and I am going to be feeling every hour of sleep lost when I wake up. I really want to read more but since I ran out of chapters I really should be going to sleep. Very nice job.
Blitzkrieg01 chapter 4 . 4/25
This is a very good story. I hope you continue it!
Maybe if you stop add stupid AN the 4 chapter can be reduce to one. It is pathetic and dead. RIP.
The story is not good nor bad. What make it crap is having AN full of crap.
anonymous411 chapter 4 . 4/21
I'm enjoying the story you have written so far and am curious if it'll be continued or updated soon and also for a style of dragon to represent a changed Harry form, I would say have a look at Ancalagon the black from LotR lore, just maybe not his exact size
Belph chapter 4 . 4/15
Cant wait for the next chap. If ever.