Reviews for Breath of the Inferno
MikeyBlue chapter 4 . 11/21
Great can't wait for chapter 5!
No gold shit how about life piss?
Dragonjek chapter 4 . 11/17
I actually hope that Hermione gets petrified again.
Just so I can imagine Harry burning down Malfoy Manor like Smaug attacking Laketown.

Hm... elements... you've got most of them represented here, even if not through elementals. Fire. Lightning. Water. Wind. The Valkyrie transformation could even be considered something like Aether or Quintessence or whatnot (do the rainbows do anything besides explode? Rainbows in Norse mythology were thought to be bridges the gods used to reach the earth, so explosions are a little odd).
Will a later character be added in to represent the element of Ice or Earth to complete the grouping?

I think you might want to work a bit more on showing us the personalities of the Patils. Not a lot of time was spent on them, but they've already been established as close friends.

I don't understand why people get so upset about the fear of calling Voldemort by his name. Considering that people in the know keep insisting that he'll come back, and that calling him by name could get the Dark Mark floating over your house, trying to get people to say the name more is basically setting up a lot of people to die once he comes back and starts reaffirming the fear of him. And that's without going into the possibility that he put a Taboo over his name in the first war, not only the second.
Dragonjek chapter 3 . 11/17
Damn, Voldemort is a monster. If he can do that with a barely-stitched-together possessed body, he must have been a demon to fight when he was alive.

I've realized that Harry's ability to turn into a dragon isn't quite as gamebreaking as it sounds. Because most of his enemies are Dark Wizards... and Death Eaters... who know the Killing Curse... which only needs to touch to kill... and he started the story _bigger than a fucking blue whale_.

I was just thinking about the Goblet of Fire. If the veela allure works by increasing desire, rather than specifically lust... magically-enhanced dragon greed is a scary thing.
update
Divine Protector of Skyrim chapter 4 . 11/15
I understand this is a hobby. And you do a lot of other things in real life. But I want more of this! I’m loving this. I really enjoy how while you’re pushing Harry to powerful levels, you’re bringing a lot of people up as well with him.
I think a possible Animagus form for Tracy could be an Unicorn. Just a thought and I don’t know any meaning behind it.

I highly recommend you use something like google docs or pages with iCloud so that anything you write is saved online and not just on your hard drive (which many things could happen to it to render it useless).

Really love the story. Just I’m really hoping that you’ll be able to write more for this.
corrinlone77 chapter 4 . 11/14
Good chapter. Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Corrin
MiukiAkiyama chapter 4 . 11/12
Great story, I really wanna see more!
Da Bomb Kicker chapter 1 . 11/8
I really enjoyed reading this story would love to see it continued and see where it goes
Astroman1000 chapter 4 . 11/8
You’re right Harry can’t just thrash whomever he wishes, but does it really matter? If shit truly hits the fan then he’d go full dragon mode and be done with it.

I do hope you update again and that this story isn’t dead. I’d love to see the girls’ animagus forms. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the blood gifts, it really feels like you were like “but what if Naruto... kinda?” Or X-men. Idk the entire idea really just pulls me out the world you’ve built. Not to mention it completely justifies blood supremacy.

On the other hand I’d love to see what sort of gifts the Weasleys have especially because they’re half Prewett which is another very old line.

Hopefully you’ll update. If not then for what it was
Thx ;)
And the story has gone down the vortex into a primordial soup!
Astroman1000 chapter 2 . 11/7
Bloody brill, never have I ever seen the troll incident handled in such a way. The monsters breaking in cliche was absolutely magnificent.

I’m liking the “special snowflakes”. Again, perhaps any and all reviews are pointless given the time since the last update, but a simple word of caution. Don’t do too much. I’m all for original abilities and ideas, especially when it comes to such an interesting world such as Harry Potter, but often AU lore becomes and uncontrollable clusterfuck and the story might as well be original. The best thing to do, which you already have to a certain extent, is to ground everything in canon lore. If stuff can tie back to canon and not be too outlandish then you’ve got yourself a keeper.

Still not loving Harry’s manner of speaking, which I said a lot about in my last review. But the final word for me is that he simply cannot have the experience to thought the words of wisdom he does. It’s completely illogical considering his lifestyle up until now, unless he’s a time traveler.
Astroman1000 chapter 1 . 11/6
Even though this hasn’t been updated in over a year, thus making this review pretty meaningless, I still wanted to say a few things on this long chapter.

I have trouble believing you’ve spoken to an 11 year old in recent memory. Even if wizards mature a bit quickly like some fics suggest, or that special circumstances had the children mature more quickly (Pureblood, Pureblood, Genius, and Dragon respectively) the way they spoke was rather ridiculous. The biggest faux pas being Hardy long “if they don’t appreciate you fuck ‘em” speech, which to me is worse because you suggested that Harry wasn’t very well educated given his life thus far. Unless I misconstrued some of the things you said. That’s not even considering the fact that physically, such intelligence is absurd in 11/12 year olds. Their brains aren’t that developed yet!

I just... hate when kids sound like adults for no other reason than an author not understanding that they shouldn’t. Honestly no amount of reasoning can excuse, to me, some of the things Harry said in this chapter. That bots not even considering how socially blunted Harry must be since, as per what was written, he had a cliche evil Dursley upbringing and then lived as a dragon withou human contact for five years. Harry quite simply shouldn’t UNDERSTAND the things he told Hermione much less having actually expressed them in a logical and thoughtful way that inspired and assured Hermione!

Ugh! It’s just deplorable really. You really might as well have made all the characters 16 or just made Hogwarts a magical college since they are clearly more mature than many college kids I know.

And the Hermione melwled thing... it was just odd. I don’t think anything people do in conversation can be considered mewling unless they’re getting a particularly awesome massage or fucking... but then they’re really not conversing are they.

Again, probably pointless to even leave this review, but I couldn’t keep reading without getting it off my chest since, undoubtedly, the dialogue will stay mostly the same for the rest of the story.
Wolf Guard Miestwin chapter 4 . 11/6
I really like that story (although I'm not a fan of harems, and I wish this one wasn't one). Harry is overpowered, but so is Voldefart, Dumble and probably others as well.
I hope that you'll finally start the rewrite, or get back to writing this version, as is.
Abandoned hope, all we who look for updates here!