Reviews for Lie By Omission
truefeather77 chapter 6 . 10/29
I think CG was wrong not to tell them, always did even during the original books, but their attitude towards him is really just as wrong.

Elliot lost a contract? He wouldn't have gotten 1/4 of his business without being backed by his brother. He wouldn't have built the GEH building, a part of Seattle's skyline - or gotten the business with people who just want to get a hook into Grey.

Grace would probably not have her high place at the hospital if her son hadn't donated a wing or expensive equipment. And Carrick probably owes a large part of his business to his son carrying his name, as well. Not to mention Mia's social life teeming with girls who want a chance to flirt with the billionaire at close range.

So they've taken a hit? Are they even concerned about the depth of abuse and brainwashing that must have occurred to make him so withdrawn and isolated? And if he and his company go down, he'll take down with it more than their social life or business (as if they'll be on bread lines), it will destroy the livelihoods of forty thousand people. (Re-reading, so I've probably said this before, LOL)
FiftyShadesNaughtyLady50 chapter 15 . 10/26
I hate Your Ana! I was so hoping they didn’t end up together because he deserved someone so much better who wouldn’t blame the victim.
benitez.vaye chapter 2 . 10/15
this is a good book but the NDA doesn't allow her to discuss anything that happened while with grey.
benitez.vaye chapter 2 . 10/15
bluesky5678 chapter 15 . 7/28
I really appreciate that you complete your stories. You are the rare one...and with a brain injury no less!
Also, your stories are GOOD!
sltems chapter 15 . 3/11
LOVE!LOVELOVELOVELOVE!LOVE! sorry but LOVE! Beginning to end, right now LOVE, LOVE, LOVE… All we need is love…...
sltems chapter 13 . 3/11
I know this is long completed, but if you are one reading it from beginning to end… OMFG! WHAT A TOTAL F’Ning tease! I can only hope you found a way to incorporate it into the story :D
Azemomma chapter 15 . 1/29
Beautiful story! Loved how you went into detail about the abuse!
I don't blame the family's behaviour in this case. I understand that CG was a victim but because of his silence he allowed other children to be abused. Once one becomes an adult who become responsible and accountable for your own acts and OMISSIONS. And he definitely omitted to declose the abuser thus resulting in victims.
TinaF chapter 15 . 9/17/2016
Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 15 . 8/31/2016
CJ, I just finished this story, and I have to say it makes a change from the norm. Not all parents react the way we'd like them to react, and this story is a perfect example of how some parents do respond.
I speak from personal experience; my parents blamed me when they walked in on my uncle attempting to rape me. He started with comments that proceeded to small touches till he finally decided I was ready. Luckily for me, my parents walked in_ unfortunately for me they only stood there while my uncle shamefully walked out and they followed him out of my room without a word. I later heard my mother saying I must have done something to encourage her brother and that her brother was not that type of man.
For months my parents didn't talk to me; so much, so one of the maids called my grandmother who came for me and told my father, her son that he had warned him about my uncle. She had seen something in him that she didn't like. I'd love to say both of my parents were uneducated fools, but that isn't the case. Both have highly respectable jobs and well respected in our community, and I guess that was the issue. In the 80's things like these just weren't made public. Right now in England, there is a spate of arrests of celebrities from that time accused of pedophilia.

In 2006 my uncle for arrested when his then-stepdaughter told her mother that he had been abusing her. I finally got a chance to tell the courts my story. My parents were there and tried to apologise. It was a little too late. I continue to live with regret, regret I didn't report him. I have often wondered if there are there were any other victims out there who were just too ashamed to come forward.
CJFAA chapter 3 . 8/27/2016
Meant to add, the final incident that tipped her over the edge was the grandmother telling her she must have done something to deserve it. I don't know what world you live in but look on the net and the hundreds of stories from victims, abusers and family members. Abusers that managed to make the victim look like the guilty party, to family members turning a blind eye and then blaming the victim when shit hits the fan.
I worked for an organisation called victims support and saw it more often than not. There is nothing wrong with the storyline. It's a sad reality but it's reality.
CJFAA chapter 3 . 8/27/2016
To the guest reviewer who says my story is stupid as the family blamed the victim and not the abuser.
In my line of work I've come across bother victims and abusers. Do you have any idea how many families blame the victim instead of the abuser, it's sad and downright unfair but it happens. The reality is most families for some odd reason blame the victim. We had a girl who killed her father, mother and grandmother. The mother and grandmother didn't believe her when she said her father was abusing her. In the end she lost it one afternoon and killed all three of them. You might not want to think it happens, but blaming the victim happens more often than not.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/27/2016
This is stupid. You don't blame the victim for the sins of the abuser. Fatal flaw in your story. Even if the victim still relates to abuser, you pity them for their delusions, but you don't blame them for the former it future acts of abuser. The only one to blame is Elana, not Christian. Your fic is not logical.
FanFic Newbie chapter 15 . 8/25/2016
Truly enjoyed this story and hate to see it end.
~Wishing there was More ~
Also wishing you the best success with your post TBI symptoms and therapeutic regimen.