Reviews for Other Considerations
O2Shea chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
I enjoyed the story & thought it showed excellent awareness of character while sharing backstory.
Window Girl chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I like the depiction of the friendship between Elrond and Gandalf and Elrond's vulnerability.
shine lots chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
All along I guessed that the unspeakable thing would be Gandalf being tempted in to taking the Ring from Frodo by force. I never guessed that it would be "Dark Lord gain[ing] one of the Three". Nice surprise!

So is it not a concern that Gandalf might be tempted by the Ring's power then? Was that just a FotR movie concept, whilst in the books only Galadriel is tempted?

Good story. I like how you conveyed virtually all the plot through dialogue! Talent!
JDL45 chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Interesting. I like the fact that you understand (as the movie, for example, did not) that Gandalf is actually wiser than Elrond, wise though Elrond may be.

Interesting as it is, I think you misinterpret the relationship between the One Ring and the Three. It's my understanding that the Three *cannot* act against the One. The only way that the original bearers of the Three were able not to be controlled by Sauron was that when he put on his Ring, they perceived it and immediately took off theirs - and did not use them again until after the fall of Sauron. If Sauron regains the One, everything that has been done by the Three will be laid bare to Sauron, and possibly open to his control, though that part isn't clear. Anyway, that's how I understand it.
phylitr chapter 1 . 1/25/2006
Do Elrond and Gandalf go on to discuss other members of the Fellowship?
Bil chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
I enjoyed this, though it's been ten years since I read LotR, so some of it flew over my head. But it was a fascinating little piece of interaction and well-written.
Sailor Sol chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
So the first thought to cross your mind will be "WTF, someone is reviewing this wicked old fic", and the second thought will be "WTF, SHE'S reviewing this wicked old fic." And then your third thought will be "WTF, she's in beta mode at 0430, and the fic is three years old and I Don't Care!" But yeah. I was bored. I couldn't sleep. So I decided to read some of your older stuff. And of course my mind slipped into beta mode. So I'm going to stop the non-sensical babbling and get on with the review:

I liked this. It was good. nothing too complicated, something that's really quite expected from both characters. You used a very interesting sentence structure (I can't think of the word I want right now... I think it starts with an 'a'). It fit the story.

Now. Beta part. Minor plot hole. You have Gandalf (oy, you know it's the middle of the night and my brain has turned off when I almost type 'Durendal'...) "plucked it neatly from Elrond's fingers." But then you have Elrond gesturing with it a few paragraphs later even though Gandalf never gives it back to him.

And like I said already, you're probably sitting there thinking "DILLIGAF?" and making snide remarks about me making you sit there reading this on your sore behind. So yeah. I'm just gonna go now.

(By the by, I'm hungry, and there's no food in the house, and this is distressing. Wah.)
LadyArian chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
I really liked this. It's unique, different, and really interesting. _
SquashyMuffin chapter 1 . 12/3/2003
Okay, this is my tHIRD review on half an hour. XD i've never read any other stories like this before, but it's good! I have to thank you for not writting an AU fic with all sorts of OCs and characters totally OUT of charatcer. *shudder*
Turelie Telcontar chapter 1 . 9/2/2003
I really liked it, please write more stories, either LotR or HP, I like your writing style!
LadyBush chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
Having read (and loved!) Promises Unbroken, I needed something to fill in the wait between chapters and this is fabulous. I especially liked the part with Boromir and how he 'fled'. And it was all beautifully written, as usual.
Sinye chapter 1 . 8/19/2003
Nice...I find Lord of the Rings fanfiction much harder to write than Harry Potter. In this, Tolkien actually invented a new language - two!

Quenya and Sindarin both sound so beautiful, I'm glad you applied some of them in this fanfic.

The writings of Tolkien are so profound, one can never fully understand the meanings behind each word.
Autumn'sfox chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
A beautiful little window into 'time'.

I could not believe this was not in the books, at one point. You handled the arachaic speech and prose well. I love the idea that a Ring of Power binds itself to a persons soul so tightly that it actually becomes a part. The only difference with the One Ring, i suppose, is that it forces its way in, and corrupts as it goes. I wonder if one of the other Rings could corrupt if it fell into the wrong hands? Interesting stuff.
Bohemian Storm chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
You write Elrond flawlessly. I am so incredibly jealous. :D He was perfect in every aspect of the word.

That was a fantastic piece. I love the references to Boromir, as he is my favourite character besides Elrond. He fascinates me.

Wonderful work.
greenleaf-in-bloom chapter 1 . 6/14/2003
oh. I believe that that conversation took place. I truly do.