Reviews for The Mind's Journey Home
Mysteryfan17 chapter 7 . 8/20
YES! Oh I loved this and you were perfect. It was perfect and Mulan's line about allowing 'a man to kiss her as if he were my arrogant husband without kicking his face into the ground' was priceless. I too am a female trained in martial arts and I can say, no guy would get away with that unless I wanted him to... maybe why I've never had a boyfriend. I guess when a guy gets the guts to try, if he's proven he respects me, I'd say yes. 10/10 for the awesome post Mulan/pre Mulan 2 story. Loved it!
daianapotter chapter 8 . 1/9/2013
An excellent final and excellent fic ) love it :D
daianapotter chapter 6 . 1/9/2013
Shang is in troubles xD
daianapotter chapter 5 . 1/8/2013
I always thought that the grandmother was one of the best xD
daianapotter chapter 4 . 1/8/2013
love this fic )
daianapotter chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Very instering and very well written :D love this movie
XxSashaxX chapter 8 . 12/22/2011
Aww! That was lovely!
literaryfreak chapter 7 . 11/12/2010
This story is one of the most beautifully written stories I've ever read on . The longing and angst coming from Shang (and Mulan too) is breaktaking. That kiss made a shiver go up my spine, I thought I was immune to them by now. There is definitely something so comforting here, I find myself wishing for a place like Mulan's house. Beautiful, gorgeous, you are going on my favorite authors' list!
HideSeekKeep chapter 8 . 10/28/2010
I can't believe I am guilty of not reviewing this story. It's been on my favorites for a while now and I recently got back on a Mulan kick and I found myself re-reading and your story still touches me to this day. I thought you captured Shang's post-war thoughts and feelings very well, and I was particularly moved by the conversation between Shang and Mulan under the magnolia tree. You could tell how deeply the two cared for each other, and I'm glad that they were able to get past the misunderstandings and make things right in the end.

Anyhow, it's a beautiful story and I am so happy that I got the chance to read it again. Gorgeous work.
young dawn chapter 2 . 8/18/2010
Quite a lovely story so far. It's written beautifully, and Shang is kept in character. I certainly look forward to reading more.

Sora
Phoenix Fanatic chapter 8 . 1/30/2010
I love this story so much! It was written very well. Bravo!
araisene chapter 8 . 8/13/2009
This was my first Mulan fanfic and I was really blown away about the high quality of writing. Your characterizations are spot on and you have a way with words. Excellent work!
burntbanana chapter 8 . 7/24/2008
Beautiful story. What a perfect way to end... I couldn't have asked for better!

I wish I could say more about this -give you a proper review- but I am currently speechless.

Wonderful job with the writing! Don't stop writing stories!
Akari Kou chapter 8 . 7/8/2008
Guh. This is beautiful. With this introspective piece you are doing the characters full justice. Instead of just being corny, this love story is realistically told; romantic feelings mixed with remorse, guilt, jelousy and uncertainty.

What makes your story so bewitching is the slow, shy pacing of two young people in love for the first time. Considering this, I wish you could have expanded the scene in town a little. The sudden appearance of a potential love rival and the clearing of the situation came so quickly that it was surprising and hardly allowed the reader to experience the characters' feelings during the episode.

I am aware that you chose Shang's perspective for this particular scene and that he didn't realize at first that something had been amiss. Still, having been raised in a noble family, I believe Shang would have been sufficiantly familiar with the courting ritual and perceptive enough to know when he was being propositioned. After all, in the case you are describing there is no Mulan close enough to cloud his reason.

Furthermore, the reader does not learn how exactly he reacts to the revelation of her jealousy. There is a little hint of triumph hidden in the words "My hypothetical marriage disturbs you?", but as this chapter is once again told from his point of view, I would have loved reading more about the gradual rising of previously crushed hopes. After all, wasn't his guilt, his conviction that she could never forgive and accept him the driving force of this story?

What I loved, on the other side, is the calm, serene athmosphere infusing this story. You draw a beautiful background of a loving, cheerful family life at the Fa household and creditably recount the post-traumatic state of mind of a young warrior who has for the first time seen the terrors of war.

I will add this story to my collection of favourites, just so I can read it once more. Thank you for sharing!
babieblue chapter 8 . 4/23/2008