Reviews for The Very Merry Widow
fangirl8494 chapter 20 . 11/6/2016
I'm liking this slightly darker take on Tobin and the way that Tara, and now Daryl, are so clued in to his machinations. It also makes sense because for as much as Daryl wants Carol to share with him her feelings, there is a difference in he emotional bond when you've experienced something like that with another person. The whole situation is just so richly complex and interesting.
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 20 . 11/4/2016
This was so sweet.
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 19 . 10/23/2016
Good point.
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 18 . 10/2/2016
Great chapter.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/1/2016
Yes, Paul was wrong, but I felt sad, not angry. Poor Carol, men throwing themselves at her everywhere. So, do they get to reunite now? Please!
CLADD chapter 17 . 9/1/2016
Carol is so loyal. Love her response to Paul's advances. No need to make him feel bad.

Yay! The Japanese surrendered! I had a great uncle who was part of the crew of the Enola Gay. There was a crew change before the flight that dropped the bomb, so he was not on board when it happened.

I really love the history/vocab lessons within this story. I was a history major, but focused on European history, so your tidbits of American history are a great refresher.
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 17 . 9/1/2016
Poor Rick.
CLADD chapter 16 . 8/15/2016
So glad to see an update on this! Thanks!
stargazr41 chapter 16 . 8/13/2016
Woohoo! So glad to see another chapter of this one. Paul has a crush, so cute and I love that version of 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'. When I read about Abe in this, I picture Cudlitz in 'Band of Brothers'. You've tied in show events so well here. Lovely, as always.
fangirl8494 chapter 16 . 8/12/2016
There is just so much I adore about this chapter! From the pitch perfect undercurrents of homophobia and racism to the complexity of the characters, I'm utterly hooked on this. Monroe is fascinating to e because in many respects he is ahead of his time in terms of not seeing sexuality in terms of binaries but I do worry that his need, and at this time it would be a need to fit into society, for a wife is going to make him a risk of sorts to Carol. And my heart just broke for Merle and his PTSD struggles at a time when no one really talked about the emotional toll to soldiers.
mvio chapter 16 . 8/11/2016
It's baaack! *happy dance
As usual, I am in awe of how perfectly you interweave the show material into this story. Paul Monroe being bi and having a crush on Carol is very natural here, he seemed to have an infatuation with her from the very beginning. So interesting how that is going to play out. He does not seem like the type to stab someone in the back, and he seems to respect both Carol and Daryl... I guess we'll see as the story unfolds.
Merle is being Merle again. Poor Daryl, who has to keep him in check. I wish we had gotten some Merle/Abraham interaction in the show. Thank god for fanfiction! :-)
Merle uncovering that Daryl had also been abused makes for a very emotional scene. I wonder how it's going to affect their relationship going forward. I also like how Merle here reacted kind of like Daryl on the show, with a violent outburst. It is very organic, since they are both drawing this anger from the same source,
Hope you keep writing this story, even though the show and the fandom could be less than inspiring these days. It's a real masterpiece, one of those things that make you think it was worth joing the fandom for.
DarylDixon'sLover chapter 16 . 8/11/2016
Poor Merle.
mvio chapter 15 . 4/3/2016
Omg, Merle! He put himself in a predicament, lol. Serves him right, but poor Daryl who has to deal with that!

So we find out that Paul Monroe is not a threat. Again, very interesting researched details. I wonder what is this place where they are going? Male strip club?
CLADD chapter 15 . 3/26/2016
Was so glad to see an update for this story, since it's one of my faves. Can't wait to see where Paul is taking Olivia!
ghostofzanarkand chapter 15 . 3/22/2016
Love the new update. With how crappy the show has been, this has been a welcome escape. I loved Daryl's letter. So sweet and enough to make a woman swoon!