Reviews for To Where The Mockingjay Flies
elizahw7 chapter 14 . 3/15/2018
Not that Kaz will see this but of course Katniss had too much leverage in canon. She had too much everything - everyone loving and pining after her, everyone bowing down to and following her, etc. She was a Mary Sue, and a barely 17-year old one who had no political savvy. She was being used in her role as Mockingjay (something that only she, Peeta, Haymitch, and Finnick really understood) and in that regard had no power. They could have easily had the rebellion with her as a martyr.
TheElementist chapter 13 . 11/24/2017
I like Peeta POV better.
Kaz chapter 14 . 9/17/2017
I'm enjoying this story, but I'm not sure I agree with the sentiment that Katniss had too much leverage in canon. Being the person that Panem chose as the face of their rebellion gave Katniss immense power. No one else could be 'the Mockingjay' (especially not Finnick, who was as 'mentally disorientated' as Katniss), and she knew it.

Coin, too, recognizes the power of the populous. Hence why she regains ground by first weakening D13 sympathies for her, and then using them to force Katniss into fully co-operating with the rebellion's efforts. This wouldn't have been nearly as effective in a private, where Katniss's behavior would only be under the scrutiny of Coin, rather than a whole district.

Also, a lot of resources went into rescuing Katniss. Coin wouldn't have wanted her investment to go to waste. Not when granting Katniss' demands cost very little, the way she played it.
TheElementist chapter 4 . 7/3/2017
Nice to see Annie opening up in the end.
Guest chapter 13 . 6/14/2017
Great story, keep it up!
nandy7781 chapter 13 . 6/12/2017
This is your story. Write it the way you want it because I will still read it.
nandy7781 chapter 10 . 11/11/2016
Stay with Peeta's POV.
Anonymous chapter 10 . 8/4/2016
Love this story! It's so well-written. Looking forward to your next update. I'm a die-hard Peeta-lover, so I love this from his POV. But I'm good with whatever you give us!
Guest chapter 10 . 8/4/2016
No, stick with Peeta. Doing Katniss' will mess up the timeline and I want to know what happens next!
Guest chapter 8 . 3/2/2016
Gorgeous gorgeous. You've a serious way with words. You make the writer in me stew in my own mediocrity. It was beautiful. I liked his fixation on the hedge, the little irritations with each other since there's no longer the looming and immediate threat of death via the elements outside. The little insight into how the game makers must feel when in the control room. Brilliant! You know your way around foreshadowing so damned well. Ugh, my jealousy. It's so hard to do and you made it look entirely effortless. Even that little bit at the end about steaks. Sigh. Perfection. I can't wait for the next chapter! Fantastic job! And thank you for the update.
Takafan chapter 8 . 3/1/2016
I LOVE this story. I follow it… no, I crave it. It is so original and so well written. I do not know what is wrong with people. This story needs so much more credit than it has already been given. Keep up the good work!
Yukiru-4-eva chapter 7 . 1/17/2016
ok I have to say, I LOVE THIS STORY! I love where you seem to be taking it and that you put another arena in there, I cant wait for the next update! when is it going to be? please be soon! although I really really really want them all to be reunited soon!
Simbioza chapter 6 . 12/24/2015
"Finnick has no right to call me frail and defenseless. I've survived all of what he put me through." What a line! I am not very diehard Odesta, I haven't made it much of a quest to read fics about them (sad, I've limited myself) but if any of them are much like what you've portrayed in this last chapter, I may become very diehard after all. That chapter was pure, you say your hardest chapter to write? Well, if you struggled, you absolutely can't tell. Effortless. Gorgeous. I am so very looking forward to more more more. Brilliance! Applause and ovations!
Simbioza chapter 5 . 12/3/2015
What an absolute delight! I stumbled upon this story and could not stop reading. It is stunning. I loooove the voices you've given them, keeping them canon but so entirely unique all the same. What a marvel. I didn't want it to end, I get greedy like that when I find a good fic, and this story is palpably delicious. The hanging tree, ugh, brutal perfection. And the slight discord you gave Annie and Finnick was a breath of fresh air, I tired of the mad girl in nothing but love years ago so I really enjoyed that probably way too much. I can't get over this, such a rich tapestry you've woven with words. So much bravo! I can't wait to see where you take this and how things continue to evolve. Fantastic read! Thank you for writing it!
WeBothWentMad chapter 4 . 11/28/2015
Can't wait for the next chapter! Please update soon!