Reviews for STG Investigative Report : The Odd Couple
RED78910 chapter 3 . 10/9/2016
This was simply beautiful.

You have, in the space of so few words, taken a character that is universally hated by damn near EVERYONE as far as I recall and made him into...I won't say 'person' because that is giving Leng far too much credit, but a figure that I can actually feel some degree of sympathy with. Here, you made me really Care about him and his son.

The end bit was so brief but so, So effective at hammering all this home.

Amazing job as always.
Baron Steakpuncher chapter 3 . 10/1/2016
This is beutiful
Guest chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
Jesus, I think that was so sweet it gave me diabetes! Kidding, but seriously, a fantastic chapter. Seeing the tiny shreds of Kai's humanity left below the surface with his kid is just adorable. "Dada sad" has me squealing. Never thought I'd feel sorry for him but there you go.

And the epitaph. Arghhhhhh. Tearing up. Great job man!
Janizary chapter 3 . 9/30/2016
There is much 'awwww' in this chapter. Nicely done :)
Nogui chapter 3 . 9/30/2016
Great job on Kai Leng. Like another reviewer said, you managed to add interest into a "le evil killer dude lmao" character. But that comment about Brooks...scary.

"Shepard doesn't even take shit from Leviathans" GAAAH! You tease! I wanna know more! *flips table* Na, I'm kidding. *puts table back in place*
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
cool
erdervv chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
Damn, you even managed to make Leng a human being, he little more than "le evil killer dude lmao" in the game, but in your story he's a relatable character, he's a person.
SLotH4 chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
That was actually really sweet.

Now we need one for Pel, where the hundreds of kids he's had all stand in line at his grave to pay their respects. lol
Himuradono chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
That was actually very touching and I loved the ending. As far as epitaphs go you really nailed it. Poignant and epic. Bravo, Author.

I think Kahlee Sanders and I can't help but go: Oh snap, well, should've seen that one coming.

The craziest thing is that I doubt it had anything to do with Anderson. I mean, it wasn't David she cheated with. I don't know why, I just have this feeling and it would explain why he was so furious with her in Memories when he talked with Rachel about that little blow up.

In any case, now I really want to see a meeting between Leng, Sanders and Anderson. Preferably with Sara somewhere in the background face-palming and muttering about how she thought her personal life was messed up with Pel commenting: 'And just think, I actually had to work with the three of them. On the same team. For years. It's a god damn act of God I didn't kill myself.'

Shepard: * appreciative nod * 'And I thought Neutron was bad.'

Pel: Heh.

Getting back to Sanders, I like how you took her character and brought her to life. I was rather disappointed with her during the Grissom Academy mission and seemed too clean cut and neat for me, especially in the middle of war. Her motivation to stay on the station and keep it running also was rather moronic and short-sighted.

Annihilation campaign in progress - let's keep running the school so we don't hurt the feelings of some of our students.
It always struck me as rather imbecilic.

Anyhow, Jhal was funny and Kai with his opinions on child rearing made me smile. Pel dropping by and checking on them was also cool. Goes to show the man has some feelings and isn't a complete hate machine even if he's a cyborg.
darkerdeepdown chapter 3 . 9/28/2016
And this is why I love Dark Grey characters so much. That little sliver of light shines so much more when it is piercing the darkest depths
Zanerax chapter 2 . 10/14/2015
"Even you are not stupid enough to believe he won't be betrayed."

Okay, Length is a gaddanm lunatic. You have a slight problem when Pel is the socially adjusted and sane one.

Good one shot, humor value is there. And showing us some of their less... flamboyant interactions is probably a good/needed thing; the characterization that we saw seemed to be leaning too far in that direction, enough to near cheapening the value of those that we see. It also does a good job of developing their back story.

I can only imagine how funny a Pel perspective of the final Leng-Kahlee-Anderson fallout would be.
RED78910 chapter 2 . 10/16/2015
Now this is interesting.

Here we have two brutal, Evil killing machines having a chat like normal, everyday people about their love lives and pasts. About their kids, and the fears they have for them. Here you make me actually believe for a minute that these two are actual People, and somehow might be able to lead peaceful lives.

Of course, that's simply not the case. Still, very nice job here.

Hoping there's more to come!
Janizary chapter 2 . 10/15/2015
I'd really like a video of Leng trying unsuccessfully to feed peas and carrots to his child. ;)
erdervv chapter 2 . 10/15/2015
i'll keep sayign this as long as these two come up in a chapter, they are the best characters in OSABC imo, Leng is just...it's still the same crazy batshit Leng, but you also made him better, in many ways, i just love the odd coupple :3

Great job.
metaladdict chapter 2 . 10/15/2015
I was expecting another funny chapter, I got a funny chapter but an emotional one as well. Great job of bringing the side of Leng and Pel that you usually never see. Can't help but wonder what the hell happened with Leng and Kahlee.