Reviews for Pain, Hunger, and Betrayal
hexmaster23 chapter 1 . 21h
Wait you said No harem but also have it tagged as Naruto X Anko X Mei
I don’t get it harem or no harem?
Chillingbear chapter 29 . 7/6
Dude you just don't want people to be happy
Uzukaki chapter 1 . 7/3
Found Pain, Hunger, and Betrayal a couple weeks ago. Finally made it to the end of Chapter 29, and you are a great storyteller. Its been a long time since I found myself grinning like an idiot in public because of something I just read. Thank you for writing this story.
Thewonderingman chapter 29 . 6/25
Is it just me or does it feel like something is missing in the story
Ida I'm not insulting you or the story it was good just felt like something was missing I probably missed something
Anyway great story keep itmup
Almond chapter 1 . 6/21
Sorry forgot my actual account but thought I’d pop in and say that while this story is still one of my favorites, going over a year with no word has saddened me. Hope that things are alright and to see you return but I’m not as optimistic as I once was.
Lonewolf1836 chapter 29 . 6/10
Many months later what happen you been kinda quiet nor uploads are you ok over there?
Well shit, there’s the betrayal
shanefrost23 chapter 29 . 5/13
tragedies...
Tiky3000 chapter 1 . 5/5
Sometimes you are just not sure what to read, so you wander aimlessly through bookmarks until you hit a half forgotten gem. Even if it is for the tenth time, this is going to be sweet.
Starwulf99 chapter 14 . 4/29
I have to admit, given the small changes that are occurring, I was terrified you were going to have the butterfly effect kick in, and have it so Orochimaru would win against Itachi, and basically become a god that not even Naruto could stop. Not sure how I feel about it not happening to be honest, it would have been interesting to see how you had Naruto(I should probably start referring to him as Nanashi huh?) deal with it.
Starwulf99 chapter 10 . 4/29
Can't wait to see exactly WHAT Naruto is now, and why he can't use Sage Chakra. I hope the answer is worth the build-up in suspense :)
Starwulf99 chapter 9 . 4/29
Hi! Started reading your story last night, enjoying it so far. Sorry for not reviewing before this, but I prefer to wait until I have a grasp of the writers style and what not before making any criticisms/praise.

Criticism: Only one for this chapter(honestly, for the entire story so far). I feel like the completion of the ritual needed more than 24 handsigns. I know that you have Naruto has a genius of sealing and understanding everything about it, but for something that sounds as complicated as that ritual, I feel like it would have needed at least 50, and probably closer to 100.

Praise: Enjoying how you have Naruto as strong, but not over-powered. A lot of writers that go the route of having Kurama extracted often have there be no real drawbacks at all. Same Chakra level, better Chakra control, some even go so far as to having him still have access to some "residue" of Kurama's power, and that is very frustrating.

Over-all: Keep up the good work, and I really hope you're still updating this fic, I'd hate to reach the end and want more only for there to not be more coming .
anarraksh chapter 1 . 4/25
Hi. You know, I had heard such good prises about this story, that I thought that I should finally give it a try. And Man! I love you writing style. I am not much of an English literature person to point out the grammar specifics, but your writing has a way of entrapping your readers. I know this is supposed to be a "tragrdy" fic, so I better prepare my heart for the future chapters...
dmalf chapter 29 . 4/19
I first read through this story sometime in 2016 and fell in love with the characters and the story. Sometime in 2017 I rediscovered the story and read through all the chapters again, and the new ones that I had missed out on. And again I just finished reading through for, essentially, the third time. I want to say that this story has wonderful characterization of wonderful characters. You've taken characters that everyone knows and shaped them into something that does not stray too far from canon, but also isn't a carbon copy. You've remade Naruto in your own image and you've done a grand job of it.

I also want to say that you've taken a genre beaten into the ground and breathed new life into it. You've spun a tale of a world similar to many but done in a much superior fashion. Time travel is by far my favorite cliche, and I am very glad to have a story like this that isn't written by an edgy 13 year old. I love the more mature aspect of parts of the story (the journey back in time, well-done romance and love triangle) and the mature perspective of Nanashi. I feel like I'm reading and experiencing the world through the eyes of an actual adult, young as he might be, rather than the view of what a young tween would think that might be.

Anyways, long-ass review and kinda all jumbled up, but the TL;DR is: your story is fucking fantastic, and I wish I could forget all about it so I could experience the magic of reading it through for the first time again
i love your dialogue.