Reviews for Total Pokkemon Island
Mach Tails chapter 36 . 3/21
Man, this ended? How did I not see until now? Anyway, AMAZING ending, you really did a good job with all these conflicts! Nice work as always, and can't wait for Season 2!
Mightyena07 chapter 36 . 3/7
Great ending to a great chapter to a great story! I really love your story and I'm glad how it turned out since Umbreon was my absolute fav. Though I wouldn't have minded if Shuckle won. I can't wait for season two to come out! Nice job dude keep up the excellent writing!
SuperDaikenki chapter 2 . 3/6
Of course the real reason Talonflame is out because nobody liked Smogonbird in gen 6. Anyways, my journey to catch up has only started. It's been good so far.

SD Out
Vexan chapter 36 . 2/28
When I forget to review... Just beat me. Punching, kicking, knifes, etc.

Anyways, onto the final. I loved the challenge, we got to see more characters and they acted as Pokemon, which some stories seem to lack. And we were able to see them in with their strengths and we had some plots resolved. *Cough* Lucario *Cough*

I really enjoyed the last two battles though. Shuckle vs Slowbro was epic and I have been waiting for Umbreon vs Gallade. All in all, you handled this challenge very well.

The finalists I actually like. And they had equal ground, as seen towards the end. Btw, Hariyama was pretty amazing with that. Love Tepig. But the back and forth and the determination seen in the two really makes the finale a great finale.

So, congrats Umbreon. A pretty good character who deserved the win that became evident during her time in the game. And that romance with Bidoof is pretty cool. Can't wait till season 2, good luck with that dude.
Roran the Zoroark chapter 36 . 2/28
Holy crap, it's been a long time! I know I missed the hype train when the finale was released, but I'll at least give what I think of it XD

So the challenge IMO looks like partially a carbon copy ta the finale of Total Drama All-Stars, ya go ta the top of a mountain while a certain number of the finalists friends helps them go through many obstacles, instead the obstacles are the opposing contestants favoring the enemy of both of the finalists. For example all contestants who side with Shuckle fights Umbreon while vice versa. Now obviously doing this will give a giant load of battle scenes. Hell, 90% of this finale had fighting scenes. More power ta ya for putting them there but I would imagine some time ta have some breathing room would be nice too.

Now I really don't agree with how the voting system worked out. Sure this point at this rate has been said multiple times, but the fact it was implemented still doesn't make it good. Voting for the finalists completely RUINS the reasons why the finalists should win. Instead of deciding by character development, story, and motivation, your fans get ta decide. Which can make the story off. But hey, that's just me.

The finalists themselves felt very one-sided. Shuckle is pretty much average. Not really an interesting character character wise. Other than the fact Shuckle is pretty much a mascot insert, there wasn't much...development? But again, that's just me. And no matter what argument there is about if Shuckle should be treated as it's own character, people should ignore the coincidence that there is a Shuckle in Shuckle Master's story or not, the fact of the matter is, Ya, Shuckle Master, chose ta have Shuckle in the story, ya chose ta have him make it this far, and ya chose ta have him in the finale, knowing that Shuckle had the potential ta win the vote. The fact that Shuckle had a chance ta win the finale whether ya look at it or not, shows that there is bias in choosing the finalists.

Umbreon on the other hand is an okay choice ta win. She regrets the actions she did with turning Eevee/Sylveon into another her and actually bonded with some of the contestants, like Bidoof. Comparing the two finalists, she GREW in character development and her winning was in me opinion was the better choice out of the two... then again, Shuckle was the other finalist sooooo.

And wow, I did not see that Fullmetal Alchemist reference. That just outright surprised me.

Overall, this finale was okay ta watch considering the many battle scenes, but if ya have a general idea who would win, whether it be by voting or by the writer choosing who would win, it really makes the whole thing uninteresting. And I'm not saying all finales should be perfect, everyone is human and therefore have their own flaws. But no matter how ya see it, when it comes ta this, only two things would've happened. Either Shuckle winning and therefore showing that mascots can win in stories even though IMO that's a very bad bad bad bad idea. Or, Umbreon winning and making the finale predictable. Well, that's all I have ta say about it. Can't wait ta see how the next story plays out.
Eclipsed night Umbreon chapter 36 . 2/22
The final chapter! Can't believe I've missed it but it ended wonderfully! In all honesty I thought Shuckle would win guess I was surprised about that lol. This chapter was one to remember, welp, until next time you did an awesome job!
Emerald Masked chapter 36 . 2/2
YEEEAAAHHHH!
AT LAST!
Third time is the charm, I knew it!
Good for Umbreon, being the dark horse really paid off!
This was quite a good ending though I couldn't help but cringe at the sentient wagon thing, like seriously, where did that came from?!
Welp, great job, I'll be looking forward for your next season.
Dark Arcanine 33 chapter 36 . 2/1
WOOOO! Umbreon won! Nice job on this dude, ya did great. So much action.

Lucario beat up Scrafty and got her dream. Now her and Hakamo-o's lives will be more interesting and badass.

Bidoof x Umbreon finally confirmed and I love it.

Sylveon finally has some balls, which is nice

Talonflame... Just wow

And damn, the end with Charizard was nice. Really nice.

Can't wait for season two, dude. And I just laughed at how season two was decided. Just completely gloss over the fact that Venusaur said mob boss. Lol

Overall nice work
Emerald Masked chapter 35 . 1/1
Oh, you gotta be KDDING ME!
You know what, to this point I'm not even surprised this happened, I don't know why I made a Plan C knowing you could totally crush it.
Forget it, I'm actually a bit amazed you managed to eliminate my last trump card, even if it was unconciously!
I'll be voting for Shuckle, maybe that way I'll get the opposite of what I want and Umbreon wins!
Dark Arcanine 33 chapter 35 . 12/23/2017
And thus, the floodgates are open.
KyubeyFuel chapter 20 . 12/15/2017
Thanks for giving Carbink the boot! I will continue to read, till I reach the end. Peace from KyubeyFuel!
maycontestdrew chapter 34 . 11/27/2017
This final three actually surprises me greatly, but it makes me so so so so happy. xD It's such a fun dynamic to explore, especially with the ton of development that you've been throwing at us. That, and these three are probably the three favourites - so the poll might actually be tight! I think Shuckle may be going next though because out of the three, I imagine that Shuckle would win that poll by at least a mile or so.

I actually really liked the end scene especially because you can see how tight and fun everyone can really be, which is cute.

AND YEAH! SUCK IT, SCRAFTY!

Sorry, had to get it out there.

And the number of times contestants have probably said 'Screw you Victini' (though in more intense and profanity-containing ways) is actually hilarious. Like, I should go back and read from the beginning and take count because it's fully hilarious.

It's fun seeing Charizard and Scrafty go at the same time because they're almost polar opposites, yet they're so similar in their own weird ways. o.O And Shuckle is officially the mastermind. I won't be surprised if there's a plot twist and Shuckle is working with Victini behind the scenes or is a Mew in disguise or something.

I sincerely cannot wait for the next chapter. :)
Guest chapter 34 . 11/21/2017
God your chapters get better and better! I couldn't be any more in love with the final 3. I use to love Scrafty, but I couldn't excuse his behavior anymore, he got too out of hand. Anyone one quick question. I think I totally missed it but is Charizard's mega evolution x or y?
Emerald Masked chapter 34 . 11/21/2017
FINAL THREE!
We're finally here and my ultra back-up plan C managed to reach here. I won't state its identity since you're likely to eliminate it just to piss me off, but to this point I wouldn't feel bad if that were the case.
Now that only "good guys" are around here, I wonder what kind of challenge will you put them in, Gallade is undoubtly the strongest and Shuckle the smartest, but Umbreon is the more well-round player and if she plays her cards well, she might make it.
My god, I'm excited to see what will happen next chapter!
TheOneAndOnlyNumber1 chapter 34 . 11/20/2017
I..don't even know what to say. This episode was kind of shocking honestly.

I can't believe you're at the Final 3 already. (I haven't even finished my first episode yet, and it's been nearly 2 months )

I guess I can give my input on the characters and stuff.

First off I didn't expect Scrafty to actually leave. I figured he'd finish the season in either 3rd Place, or as a Runner-Up. But to see him finally get taken down? Wow, just wow (this isn't sarcasm btw).

Secondly, we all knew that Umbreon wouldn't be going today.

Charizard? I feel like he's been all over the place during the course of this season, but at least his plot has come to a close.

I figured you'd eliminate Shuckle and Scrafty.

The Final 3: I was right about Gallade making it this far, so I guess that's a plus...as for Shuckle and Umbreon? Well I'm not sure.

I like them both, but I think it'd be a little cliché for Shuckle to win honestly.