Reviews for Child of the Autumn Leaves
Maisie Malfoy chapter 1 . 3/31/2017
I really do adore baby Harry Potter characters, and I love little Scabior's first magic. You know, I always wondered how he got that.

Now I'm picturing this teeny-tiny baby with a gigantic head of hair and, well, that was fun :).

You write little Scabior so well. You should consider writing a multi-chapter of baby characters.
hillstar chapter 1 . 5/10/2016
Awwww you make Scabior out to be quite an adorable baby! I like how you connected Scabior's earlier relationship with his mom with his later preference for working in nature and his gift at tracking. I am impressed by how well you described the beauty of autumn, as I could imagine very vividly Scabior resting below the trees, surrounded by dappled light and shade.

I do think you might have overused phrasing to the effect of "the magic of the wilderness/forest/nature" since that gets slightly repetitive. However, I mostly enjoyed how you showed Scabior's connection to the outdoors, something I hadn't thought about much but which would be an important part of his character.
octocelot chapter 1 . 5/6/2016
My thoughts on this fic are similar to my thoughts about your fic that I reviewed a few minutes ago. Very nice descriptions! It's a nice contrast to what I just read, since the seasons have changed, but the scenery is just as beautiful.

There are a few sentences that I think could be broken down into multiple ones for simplicity's sake (for example, the second paragraph).

You certainly are dedicated to Scabior! This is just a thought, but he seems almost like your OC, since he isn't particularly developed in canon. You could write original fiction with him in mind!
MissSadieKane chapter 1 . 5/3/2016
This is a lovely scene capturing the start of Scabior's life as well as giving an insight into his mother and childhood. It's great that he had a connection to the woods at such a young age. It fits well with his character as an older man, and as you've put at the end of the story.
The Rose in Death's Garden chapter 1 . 2/16/2016
This is an adorable story about baby Scabior! His mother seems like a very sweet person which makes me wonder how he grew up to be the person we know from canon. His red streak came from a magic leaf! :D He seems very peaceful and at one with nature in the end.
Summer Leigh Wind chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
Well, isn't that a cool way explanation for his streak of red hair?

I like how you talk about Autumn being its own kind of magic and how it affected Scabior by having the leaf touch him. The way he asked to have the story told to him more than once growing up is a nice way to show how special he finds that moment to be to his sense of self.
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
Your detailed descriptions really set the scene and I can easily picture what's going on.

One month old seems a bit young to be as observant of his surroundings as baby Scabior is. I'd think 4-5 months was more realistic for the behavior he's displaying in that scene.

Temperance is an interesting choice of names for Scabior's mother... are you a fan of the TV show Bones, by any chance? XD

OOH MAGIC LEAF. So that's where his red streak comes from, lol. I always assumed he dyed it himself.

You could have ended it at the end of the first section and it would have felt like a complete story, but the part with him as adult reflecting on the story of how he got his red streak was a nice finishing touch.

In the second section, you start off in present tense but switch to past tense in the 4th paragraph. Other than that, I didn't spot any typos or grammar issues.