Reviews for When the Stars Went Out
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 5/30/2019
Oh, very good! There's a writer called paganaidd who's written a story called Dudley's Memories that I think you would like.
Wrexscar chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
Ah poor Dudley. He has seen himself as he is seen and it's not a pretty sight.

Still now he has learnt not to hide behind excuse and to blame others what he is. Hopefully and canon suggests this is so he becomes a better man than he was a boy.

Superbly done.
Prosperosdaughter chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
Really interesting interpretation of how the Dementors made Dudley see himself, and a great interpretation of the prompt.
PepperCheez chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
Aw poor Dudley. It's awful that he had to deal with this but at least it helped him see himself for what he was. I really find the whole process of his self realization really interesting and am glad he became a better person.

I belong to a Harry Potter role playing site called Sonora Academy that is currently accepting excellent writers like you for our twenty-fifth term. The site address is www . sonora . terragenaonline . net (without the spaces). If you have questions, you can PM me, ask on the OOC board or email the Headmaster at sonora . academy . head at gmail . com (again without spaces)

Good luck on your writing and I hope to see more.
neither here nor ethere chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
I like how we were left with a big blank canvas for what happens to Dudley's mind after the dementor encounter. And you fill it with nighmares, and that sounds right to me, a hellish nightly penance that can't be forgotten, that would force reflection. His mind makes him pay to make amends. I always liked Dudley, the boy who showed us what could have been. I was glad of his redemption. You give him the chance here, too. Well done.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 9/28/2015
Aaah, poor Dudley. He sees himself as he is and doesn't like it, and it confuses him because it goes against everything he's ever been taught about himself, about Harry, about what is important and what isn't. Perhaps this is the beginning of him becoming a better person.
littlebirds chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
An excellent character sketch of Dudley. I like to think he grew up to be a better man than his father, that the glimpse of himself was so much truth at once, he couldn't help but want to try to change. I really like the distinctions he makes between Harry and Dumbledore and Vernon, how he sees 'good' doesn't necessarily translate to 'weak', as he's always been taught.

Enjoyed this. Well done!
By Another Name chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
Excellent character sketch. I like thinking of him as coming face to face with a few realities and growing up from it. That's why he was actually good about things in Deathly Hallows.
Dragonsrule18 chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
Great story!
Intervigilium chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
What do you do when the places you fear the most are inside your head? For Dudley's sake, I hope he can figure it out.

Spectacular character study - I like to think that Dudley really ends up concluding that emulating his father isn't the way to go about life. Can we see another chapter following Dudley's progress? No pressure. :)
camillablue chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
Ooooh, this is great. I actually love Dudley fics for some reason. I think I just really want to see him redeemed. Anyway. What a perfect interpretation of the prompt. Being able to gain new perspective on the people around him, and to recognize true power, really demonstrates how Dudley has grown up to this point. Wonderfully written!