Reviews for Mother's Song
Ellis Bane chapter 38 . 9/18
So I actually found this on AO3 this morning and this is honestly a very fun story to read. That ending for the last chapter to me felt a bit ambiguous because I think it's both whoever dragged Sakura through the oasis and young Gaara calling out to her. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this story but still, take the time you need so that you're also satisfied with it!
Oh gods, poor Gaara...
ThePoliteDoll chapter 38 . 9/6
Aw! I love it!
Gladys553 chapter 1 . 9/5
I agree with RubiRedSlippers, though I wonder if there's a possibility of the past rectifying itself to reflect the original storyline that Sakura somewhat is aware of, if that comes to be I can only imagine what Sakura will go through to regain that trust and familiarity with Gaara; I also believe that that the appearance of Sasuke is going to be an interesting plot line that can go a variety of ways, he can either be a disturbance to Gaara and Sakura's growing relationship or he can just be a stepping stone that helps solidify the nature of that relationship in a clear way that doesn't do much harm to either Sakura or Gaara, his appearance can even just be a conversation that leads to a greater understanding for Sakura and Gaara. I'm also interested in seeing how Kakashi is tied back into the story and how/if he knew the consequences of giving Sakura that scroll. No matter what I'm so excited to see where the storyline flows and how this story ends!
Angie chapter 38 . 9/1
Gaara became such a cute kid...was already cute but now he's just oml

Will be waiting for the next chapter. It's so good!
You do know and realize that making fans wait means losing them as time pass by, right?
Puer-Stellarum chapter 38 . 8/29
Please continue when you can. This story is great
Ibubu92 chapter 38 . 8/19
Hi...I really love this story..sakura as mother figure to gaara..it is so adorable and touching..please do update...thank you so much for this good read...
Masenko74 chapter 38 . 8/12
I don't know what you have planned for this fanfic but I am completely intrigued... You are a fantastic writer... I am hoping that this fanfic becomes a love story between Sakura and Gaara but if not I'm sure you will still make it a great story. So far everything has been amazing.
RubieRedSlippers chapter 38 . 8/7
I'm not entirely sure where you are going to go with Part 2 of the story, but because I like romances, I hope it will turned into a Gaara/Sakura romance. While you may or may not go in that direction, I feel like there has been some evidence to back up my thinking that it could happen! For example, Sakura's reluctance to tell Gaara that she loves him, and even her definition of love to him. She could have described different types of love, like the love between friends, family, and lovers and how they are similar but also different. Instead she describes love in a more general way, but it also includes things felt in romantic love (like always wanting to be with that person). The same goes for when she described kisses to Gaara-she makes it sound like kisses are only between lovers (when people can also be more familial with kisses-like Temari) and she finally gave him one at the end of Part 1. In fact, her telling Gaara that she loves him could just as easily have been the trigger to bring her back to the future, rather than her retrieving the scroll. Also Gaara very likely could love Sakura romantically in the future. Unlike Kankuro, he never really tried to call Sakura his mother, and disliked when Kankuro tried-part of this was definitely general possessiveness-but he also made a point to clarify with Sakura that she was NOT in fact, his mother. He didn't want to love her like a mother, it seemed. So I think (and hope) part 2 of the story will explore their romance as adults. But it's also a question of Gaara's mental state after Sakura disappears. He could either turn out relatively Ok, because she finally gave him a base of support at home that he could use to grow and be stable without her, OR he could revert back to how he was (maybe even worse than he was) before he met her when she disappears. If he turned out relatively OK, then the second part of the story might be him pursuing Sakura while she kind of keeps him at arms length. He loves her, but she'll think it's due to his dependency from childhood, so she'll keep him at arms length. This is my preferred outcome, actually. Not only because it's happier, but because it'll be a different dynamic from Part 1 of the story (Part 2 is him pursuing her as opposed to her pursuing him). And if he's a mess again in the future as a result of her disappearance in the past (which your main little descriptor of the story kind of implies), then it will very likely be Sakura putting the pieces of Gaara back together again. I'm also curious to see how other events from the past have altered the future (her house burning down/her family dying, the life she saved in Suna, talking with Sasuke and Naruto in the past, etc.). So lots of possibilities! I look forward to your continuation of the story to see what actually happens :)
Sora chapter 38 . 7/29
Your story is just amazing ! The atmosphere, the characters, I was really in it.
I also liked the fact that, by spending time with Gaara as a child, she is rediscovering the adult Gaara.
But she is gone way to soon, even 38 chapters were not enough XD
I am quite afraid of the way Gaara would become without her. Well first, will he go home safely ? XD But maybe, as Sakura said, I should believe.
And what if it was the adult Gaara who called her ? And if so, why so soon ?
BTW, will Gaara meet her during the chunin exams ? Because it is gonna be really confusing for him.
I really can't wait to read the rest of the story. You're doing really well. It is like watching a spin off of Naruto.
Fighting for writing !
DanishGeisha chapter 38 . 7/27
Baby come back~ XD
kazekage422 chapter 37 . 7/23
Please update soooooon!
Eyesoftime14 chapter 1 . 7/22
I hope you update this soon.
Zombie Reine chapter 38 . 7/19
Oh man! I'm so excited and would love an opportunity to read the next chapter and give feedback if you wanted. Ive been in love with Mother's Song from the start. :)