Reviews for The Obscure Tome
Makuro767 chapter 17 . 2/18
During Japan's Warring Era, a Samurai's wife and children support him by putting makeup on the decapitated heads of his enemies before being presented to his ruling lord. Imagine that scene; Honey, I got them! Oh, put them there while I go get the makeups!
ElementalMaster16 chapter 35 . 1/10
This is a pretty interesting story, I really want to see where the plot is going.

I would like to point out a few small inconsistencies though, namely Illya not going to Hogwarts though she did get a letter, and another inconsistency where Harry tests out of history entirely only to just skip 2 years in the next chapter.

Anyway, please update soon!
Rosalind Fairchilde chapter 35 . 12/29/2021
I'm looking forward to the next update but I noticed some minor discrepancies. Like in chapter 24 Ilya got a hogwarts letter along with Shiro and Harry yet in chapter 33 she's teaching Magical Biology and NOT at hogwarts so I'm just wondering how exactly she ended up not going. And chapter 30 mentions Harry passed his History of Magic NEWT yet he was only allowed to skip up to second year History of Magic. If he had passed the NEWT wouldn't that mean he had successfully tested out given that's an exam for seventh years?
GiveMeBackMyFreedomFandoms chapter 35 . 12/14/2021
I have questions:
Why did Shirou summon Tamoe? Why did Harry summon Vlad considering he used the Tome as his Catalyst?
What's happening with Archer? He's a counter guardian version of Shirou from a very different universe so how did the knowledge from the Tome change things for him?
Why'd you say Dumbledore is related to Lily? What happened to Remus between him being drunk and the chapter where he met with Dumbledore? Considering Harry and Shirou are at Hogwarts will they meet Wormtail? Considering you're doing year one what happened to the philosopher stone? You never mentioned the threat of death on the 3rd floor. Is Quirlellmort not teaching DADA?
GiveMeBackMyFreedomFandoms chapter 30 . 12/14/2021
I kinda wish Everestein would meet Gilgamesh. I doubt you'd have that happen but still...
Guest chapter 21 . 11/1/2021
Your story is already perilously close to collapsing under its own weight with the upcoming Hogwarts, new dark lord, new magus order, alien invasion, Clocktower stuff and the tome's shenanigans. Worse still is your cast getting more bloated by the chapter. It's already turned to a Carnival Phantasm episode and actual HP part (with its 7 million characters) hasn't even started.

You're juggling too many subplots and characters and you're very likely to drop the ball. Or get burnout and quit. Which might have happened, looking at the dates.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/1/2021
I like what you're doing here, author. But you probably should've tagged it humor. Would've saved you some headache I'm sure.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/1/2021
OK I'm liking this CP direction you're taking, author.
Guest chapter 8 . 11/1/2021
I thought you were going for a serious vibe for your crossover, what with your modified Voldy and long Nasubabble treatises. This is a sharp turn towards Carnival Phantasm. I'm neutral about it at the moment.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/1/2021
Good job on being able to write sufficiently silly Nasubabble, author.
dylansandy1993 chapter 31 . 9/22/2021
my favorite part of this story is how competent British magical characters are in the moderately AU Harry Potter universe.

it's less of a blame game and more of a deconstruction then most authors feel ready to tackle.

hope more gets posted soon! I really love this story
Michael Morningstar chapter 16 . 9/22/2021
Why in the hell is there just randomly kakashi in this story!? Like no explanation or reason just fuck you he's there and it's not even like your trying to work in the naruto universe or anything from what I've seen it was a good story but this honestly kind of ruined it because now it just feels weird like your just throwing things together without care its lazy and doesn't make since if you want a character in then you should explain why and make it work up till then the world made sense now it just feels like a crack fic bye
sid99 chapter 17 . 8/29/2021
...this story is too chaotic when it comes to point of views...i came to read a story about harry potter learning Obscure magic...instead hes basically a side character with barely any screen time. all i get from this story is a book is weird and has lots of knowledge.
JGreen039 chapter 35 . 8/25/2021
Update?
StormySpartan chapter 21 . 8/7/2021
The cross-overness is getting out of hand. Though it is funny to watch Kakashi blend with the fate characters, I wonder how Ichigo will do.
1,116 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »