Reviews for The Obscure Tome
What happened with archer and rider? Also, Rin?
noddwyd chapter 33 . 9/21
And them meeting on the train is mostly forgotten. I guess it has been months so she didn't bother bringing it up. Too many passengers on the Harry train and no word of horcruxes or the scar, even to mention it had faded somewhat indicating the tome has digested it. I like the peripheral idea of altering and improving animals by magic circuit surgery. The idea that Gaia wants to cooperate is just hanging there so far and no word about Alaya though I would expect word to come through the counter guardian Archer if anything. Sakura successfully sidelined though simply saying Zouke died is tough to swallow. That guy is behind like a billion worms. It shouldn't be that simple unless Harry/tome did something or Zelretch did something we didn't see. The destruction of the ley line would work as a good excuse for the death of most of the worms but what about the ones existing within Sakura as insurance? That part is still tricky and would take surgery with something like inverse time dialation to isolate the worms before they coulf kill her. Basically its annoying to deal with him no matter what. Still, nice read and good lore work. Also good idea to mostly ignore the Sorcery focus too many fanfics use.
noddwyd chapter 15 . 9/21
I'm confused. Very much so. What happened to Sakura, Rin, the other archer, and most importantly, Zouken the Worm and Medusa? At this juncture it just seems like you refuse to even bother to write them out of the story with a throwaway line. Zelretch helped set up the ritual initially with Zouken. Though in canon we only get glimpses as to why he bothered. I will keep reading and hopefully find out that they all still exist including Medusa. Though maybe not Zouken. What an asshole.
Kloness chapter 29 . 9/12
Did you purposefully make it witengamot instead of wizengamot like canon Harry Potter?
Kloness chapter 4 . 9/11
Under Wizards and Magi
How do they differ in their behavior, spells, and magecraft?
by Nicholas Flamel

You said "... yet they defer so much..." isn't it differ?
Yatocat19 chapter 9 . 9/3
Oh my god it's Kakashi aaaaaaaaa I love you
BlitzkriegAngel chapter 18 . 9/2
Not sure if I've reviewed your story before or not but I have to say it's reasons like your last two sentences here that keep me loving this story. Your diction, style, and the oddity of the flow just make this story wonderful.
Nihatclodra chapter 33 . 8/16
Absolutely want more of this... I don't suppose there is actually any hope of that, is there?
Nihatclodra chapter 12 . 8/15
I hope Harry shows Shirou the "Art of Creation" page... It's right up his alley.
Nihatclodra chapter 5 . 8/15
Why hasn't Kiritsugu collected Illyasviel yet?
MattKennedy chapter 33 . 7/31
Very cool and fun story! :) Though I'm a bit confused as to why Ilya didn't end up going to Hogwarts...she got a letter and was supposed to be in Harry's year, and then that plot line seemed to just disappear...
lordonyx348 chapter 6 . 5/19
Wizengamot, Witengamot. Also, it's Avada Kedavra, not Kadabra.
KrisB-71854 chapter 33 . 5/6
Hmm, I can see Harry letting damn near anyone read his tome that asks politely. There is a part where I can see him not minding looking up or providing information to others.

Hermione will want to read his sources and follow her own interests. Hermione will be so irked when she finds out that Harry basically has a magical great big book of everything which covers well damn near everything. It is basically her crack without her ever knowing that it exists.

Part of me was just thinking of having her read over his shoulder or grafting her head on his shoulder so she can just read along with him. He needs to learn how to make linked client versions of the Tome for his family. Harry seems rather bonded to it. I just can't see Hermione not ending up reading at some point.

Hmm, I can just see Harry and the Tome actually feeling sorry for Hermione. They'll just need to make a blank tome and give it the basic ability to copy raw knowledge from other forms of knowledge storage media as well as gently guide the reader to what they are currently seeking.

Suddenly, Hermione ends up with a book that she can use to copy Hogwart's library and suddenly she spends all her time reading it, but they end up learning how to talk while reading so everything is all good.

I'm not sure if Harry could empathize that much, but in his own way he is rather helpful. Dangerously helpful, but helpful none the less.
MayaHikari chapter 33 . 5/1
I enjoyed reading this xover a lot. Thanks for the chance to read an updated ff Ive been reading a lot of old/hiatus ff. I will check ur other stories.
nopparitari chapter 33 . 4/30
Good chapter, keep 'em coming!