Reviews for Powers Combine
GuesssWho chapter 7 . 1/27/2007
"Maybe I'll make them earn it."

Earn it indeed! Earn it INDEED!

Mwahahaha . . .
She-Magus chapter 7 . 7/27/2006
*sniff*
GuessWho chapter 7 . 9/1/2005
I'm not sure . . . I've sometimes thought VOLDEMORT was a student or apprentice to Raistlin, myself. (Raistlin would probably have thought him short-sighted: one little world? Raist is quite likely famous in 100 of them!)

I like the way you showed the odd no-religeon-ness of Harry Potter-I always wonder about that-and Raistlin would be a good teacher. I'd like him to stay! Hell, I think he'd be an expert on Horcruxes (have you read HP-HBP yet?)
Insane Dragoness chapter 7 . 6/4/2005
wo! bad ass raistlin defets puny...

oh-what's-his-name...voldermont...what's it.

:P

mahahahaha!

raistlin rules!
TheLadyValura chapter 2 . 1/13/2005
good so far..my only complaint harry would never ever ever say Voldie is the most powerful wizard ever *wink* that would be good ol' Dumbles according to Harry...though my bets on Raist any day...
chickens chapter 7 . 3/26/2004
I likes it very much. Very much
Makai Goddess Ookami chapter 7 . 3/18/2004
I really like this! I wish your chapters were abit longer though it was sad to see them so short boohoo TT oh well i like! v
sabrina chapter 7 . 3/13/2004
it's good
FandomAvenger chapter 7 . 3/5/2004
What utter bullocks.
Valnazzar chapter 1 . 11/15/2003
Not bad, not bad at all. It would have been EXCELLENT, if you had effectively captured the contempt Raistlin had for others, his sarcasm and his bitterness at everything around him. Like for example, in chaper 1 when Raistlin greeted Dumbledore, 'Greetings' should have been italic, to show contempt/sarcasm. I mean, He went on against Takhisis! Would have won too! I dont think He (notice how i capitilized the 'H'? He is GOD i tell you! GOD!) would have any respect for anyone else in any world after that.

And the way Raistlin speaks to the students. It's just plain 'UnRaistlin-like'. In chapter 3, when Dumbledore announce Voldemort went insane and went public with his plans, you wrote "...Raistlin stood up. "Listen to me. There is nothing that Voldemort...". Raistlin have no NEED to say 'Listen to me'. His whispering voice, though soft, can cut through any conversation. And later, you said "something about the look in his eyes..." Fact: No one can look at Raistlin's face for long, much less his eyes. As per many chars from DL books states, Raistlin looks at others as if he is "watching them on their death bed".

The way Raistlin treated Harry and Ron were totally 'UnRaistlin-like' too. Heck, you picture Raistlin treating the boys in a BETTER manner than he treated his nephew, Palin! Chapter 4 too, on the last para, you wrote "...you see gathered in this room have all pledged their allegiance to me as..." Raistlin pledging allegiance? That's preposterous! I mean, come on! Make sense!

And you also potrayed Voldemort as some stupid fool wizard who dont think twice about his actions. When Raistlin said to him, "You will have to go through me (which i ALSO fine UnRaistlin-like)", you wrote Voldemort laughing. You are the Dark Lord. Some totally unknown guy, who Dumbledore seem to trust, confronts you, confidently without fear. Would you laugh? There are only 2 possible things you think: That Dumbledore hired an insane wizard or this guy some one hell of a powerful guy not to be underestimated.

Chapter 6: You did most of the same mistakes i highlighted above, except for this one part in which Raistlin was exhausted after JUST ONE SPELL. That plain ridiculous. Again, he fought the Dark Queen AND her legions of minions. Do you think he stood a chance if he get EXHAUSTED after ONE spell?

Lastly, I dont think Raistlin would allow any "debate" you wrote with Harry. He would just blast Harry to Lunitari for irritating him. And dont you think Harry would ATLEAST FEAR Raistlin, after he seen him kill VOLDEMORT, the very guy who killed his parents with just 1 spell? And also, your reason for Snape running out of the hallway in fear of Raistlin was nothing short of lame. You should have wrote something like "Snape was one of the 6 other students studying under the eyes of the Great Fistandantilus, in the time of the Kingpriest. I saved his life when I impressed the mighty mage and was chosen to be his 'apprentice'. *Insert your Snape smugness here about Raistlin losing his powers*. I simply showed him the bloodstone I kept in my pocket." Dont you think that would be more scary, Snape looking at the very guy who would have sucked his soul to maintain his life and youth?

I'm sorry if I'm hard on you. As you can gather, I'm a DragonLance fanatic (in the truesest sense). Dont fret about the mistakes you did. As they say, people learn from their mistakes eh? Good luck on your next fanfic!

Regards

Valnazzar The Revealer
OniichanParson chapter 7 . 11/10/2003
Very interesting fanfic indeed. While joining Harry Potter and Dragonlance is a most unusual, yet fascinating idea, let me point out some thigns that might have gotten lost.

First off, spells in Harry Potter require mostly ritual preparation, that would have been nice to see, rather than just 'firing spells off one by one'. Those who follow any type of magic/magick know that use of those powers are draining, sometimes in the extreme. Even the most powerful wizards and warlocks could not cast so many spells, or such high-powered ones.

Other than that, you write extremely well! The chapters were well separated, and Raistlin's quote was just what the doctor ordered. I like this, and I look forward to some of your other work. Maybe you'll check my stories (I have a Dragonlance-Raistlin fic in the works.)

Keep up the writing and remember:

"We do not fail when we fall. Only if we refuse to rise, do we truly fail."

-OniichanParson
laura chapter 7 . 11/6/2003
Hey, intriguing idea. You write well, and caught the sprit of Raistlin well also. However, I believe that the worlds of Dragonlance and Harry Potter mix to well...Dragonlance is kind of a medieval world, completely separate from reality, while Harry Potter is based in our own world (that's actually a cool thing about the series, you can almost believe it could be true) Props for getting creative, though.
Nadreth chapter 1 . 10/31/2003
This is an offence! Dragon Lance is so much better then Harry Potter I cant belive you even considered a crossover not to mention Raistlin is EVIL therefore he would not teach Voldermort never mind Harry Potter no one in Harry Potter is very evil frankly Harry Potter is a fluffy read at the best!
Negrath chapter 7 . 10/28/2003
MARVELOUS!

And that final quip...right up Raist's alley, should he ever come to that.

(And I just bet he'll make 'em earn it as never before... ;D)
Antanis Anawamane chapter 2 . 10/26/2003
Well I've only read the first two chapters so far but it looks awesome! Only one thing...shouldn't the Hogwarts students be referring to Voldemort as "You-Know-Who"?
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »