Reviews for Standing on the Edge Dancing in the Flames
lemon-rind chapter 34 . 5/23/2021
My life has gotten so busy that I rarely had time to think for myself. But I'm so glad I came back to this. I love the new chapter!

I don't love Quinn's excuses with her father and I have a feeling Rachel's going to get hurt sooner rather than later, but dang did getting to read another chapter put a smile on my face!

Hope you're doing well and thanks for the update!
broadwaybound2016 chapter 34 . 5/17/2021
Wow I don't know if you will ever continue this fic. But I really really enjoy it and wish you would. It is seriously amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2021
This is hands down the best Faberry fanfic, actually scratch that this is the best fanfic ever and I am honestly so miserable that it is not finished. The second time I read this fiction I saw that the author takes a very long time to post and honestly that saddens me as this is such a great story. I see this story has been happening for almost a decade and honestly I don't think I have the patience for it but I hope I do. At this point as much as I would like the story to be so long because there is so much to unpack but I wouldn't mind three last chapters and it is over just so I could have closure as the waiting is too much. I am checking to see if she has posted every day and I'm hurt all the time that she hasn't. She is great writer even better than some authors that release books all the time. All in all I can't wait for the next chapter and I will be here to read it. Great fic Battlekitten, you have a gift.
osnapitzbex chapter 34 . 5/16/2021
I have just absolutely fallen in love with this, I really hope you plan on continuing. I NEED to know what happen next haha, a good dose of FaBerry is what the doctor should ALWAYS order.
JadeLeeBerry chapter 34 . 5/15/2021
Nooooooo, I want to cry this story has been an amazing read it’s been like air! - Can’t live without! I could not put it down. I had to pace myself because I new I was coming to the last chapter, I hope you continue this masterpiece, I really do. I stopped reading Faberry fics about 2 years ago because I think I’d read them all...twice, a third for some. But I was waiting for your sequel to get to lengthy, now I’ve read this far I really hope there’s more or a third part coming. I haven’t been able to find another couple or fandom to move onto with as much soul bearing emotion as these two. You’ve reminded me how much I love Faberry so I’m off to find more fics I haven’t discovered, after reading yours again. :)
Guest chapter 34 . 4/27/2021
I just read this wonderful book. I really hope Chapter 34 was not the last. I really need more of this because as I am sitting after a week of ignoring everyone, where my life just included this fiction and work, I am just heartbroken to see that the last chapter was posted last year. This book is heartbreaking, funny, sweet and so realistic. I would really like to know how it ends, more than anything in this world . You are a fantastic writer and I am honestly addicted.
Pterygio chapter 34 . 4/18/2021
I thought I was okay with reading a slow-burn. I thought I'd been fully prepared to be patient enough to read through hundreds of thousands of words before finally arriving at the culmination of so much agonizing, wonderful, heart-twisting buildup. But I now realize I was wrong, as I sit here feeling empty, hollow, and unfulfilled—unable to come to terms with the fact that there is simply no more; that after days of letting myself get consumed by this story and your renditions of these characters, my emotional investment has no true payoff.
When I first realized how close I was coming to the end of the first book of this series, a fear plagued the back of my mind. I'd grown accustomed to your pacing and knew deep down that there simply wasn't enough word count left to cover everything I felt that I was indirectly promised would be covered. Then the final chapter came, a resolution to the latest conflict met my eyes, and I was happy—not because Quinn and Rachel had made up and everything was going to be alright, but because I'd been graced with the word, "sequel". Naturally, I sought it out instantly and was delighted to discover that I'd only read half of what had been written for these two. My heart rested easy.
But then you tortured me some more. You threw a far greater roadblock in their relationship than I'd anticipated, setting their progress back substantially. They'd still come so far, yes, but now they had even further to go than before—far too much to go in the remaining chapters. I kept reading, and the chapter number kept increasing. That feeling of dread that had sneaked up on me while reading the last story returned. There are fifteen chapters left to read; there are ten chapters left to read; there are five chapters left to read . . . this is the last chapter left to read. And this time, I'd already seen your profile—I'd known from the start of this sequel that it wouldn't be the second finished book in a trilogy.
I knew I was nearing the end—the true end, this time. I knew I should have slowed down, stopped devoting so many hours burning through this far faster than I needed to. I should have let myself savor it and prolong the emotions that I'm feeling right now. I simply did not have the will to do so. The logical part of my brain understood that the story was nowhere near on pace for a satisfying conclusion, but the foolish side held onto the desperate hope that Chapter 34 could be where it truly ended—that by the time I finished it, I'd have absorbed everything I'd wanted to and would be left fulfilled and satisfied. But we both know that wasn't the case. I'd selfishly thought I could digest in just several days a journey you've lovingly crafted over the course of nearly a decade and may still be working on for a decade more, and this broken feeling that now occupies my soul is how the universe responded. For my heart can never be truly content with a journey that does not have its end.
As I write this review, I've slowly come to accept one humbling truth: you haven't written a romance. You've written a tragedy—a tragedy to the commitments of life and the crippling constraints of time. I understand all too well why your chapters each came with an apology for a long delay that I have the privilege of not having had to endure. As much as we'd like to get lost in the world of fantasy and let our lives become devoted to the characters that will permanently occupy a section of our minds, we cannot. At the end of the day, they're just characters. They've never lived and never will, despite what your talented prose tricks your readers into believing. You cannot stop living your life to help a fabrication live theirs. There is simply not enough time in the day or years in a lifetime for us to have everything we want, and that is something we must all make peace with at some point or another.
Although I realize that I may never see how this story turns out or what becomes of this complicated relationship you've delicately concocted, I will still be here when the next chapter comes, however long it takes. I will read it eagerly, torturing myself with the memory that this incomplete story still—slowly—lives on, but the true conclusion is hardly any closer than before. The irrational part of my brain wants the next chapter to come tomorrow, and then the next the day after that, and the next the day after that, etc. But I know that art cannot be rushed, and that is what you've created: art. It is an artistic tragedy that you've already gifted the world with so much of this phenomenal story, but that there is not far more of it. To that, I can only say, "Thank you."
Guest chapter 34 . 4/7/2021
Hi! Longtime reader here! This fic and never asked to feel your halo are my absolute favorite faberry fics, so I just wanted to mention that ffnet announced a server change recently and the whole thing is really messy so I’d recommend backing up your stories if you have the chance! Anyway I hope I’m just worrying over nothing, it’s just that I love your writing and would hate to see your stories gone
(sidenote: would you consider posting them on ao3?)
Babs22 chapter 34 . 2/20/2021
Still loving this story. Hoping for another update when you have time to do it.
joyynithu chapter 34 . 1/28/2021
I dont know hiw many times i reread it. plz update
joyynithu chapter 1 . 1/28/2021
Plzzzzzzz update
baboonguy9 chapter 34 . 1/12/2021
Just read the previous "halo" book and now up to the latest chapter (34) of this one. This is my first faberry fanfic and you do not dissapoint. Great work so far and can't wait for the next chapter!
Morggle22 chapter 34 . 1/8/2021
I'm so invested in this story, I can't wait for the next chapter, hopefully not too long a wait!
Guest chapter 34 . 1/5/2021
It blows my mind that I have been reading your fics for years yet they are 40-something days into this lol. I circle back to Faberry Fanfiction every few months now just in the hopes you will post something. I thought I knew what slow burn meant until you redefined it lol. That said, I love your work.
Guest chapter 34 . 1/3/2021
An amazing chapter, thank you so much for uploading! Hope you're doing good!
890 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »