Reviews for The Dragon of Duskendale
yorud chapter 11 . 11h
Rhaegar is as irritating as I imagined him to be.
Ffs I want to kill him myself
IbnAurum chapter 26 . 10/30
While I highly applaud the ongoings of the story and the characterization here, I find it hard to believe that Barristan who did nothing as Aerys committed great evils would rush to save Kevan out of his own volition. It's not that he wouldn't, it's just that the very same honor that prevented him from stopping Aerys should've been the same here.
Or was it because he didn't want to see Aelor going down the same route? He could've chosen any time after the Defiance to stop being a hypocrite, yet only now does he act, for his token son? To be fair, he could've been overwhelmed by all this, and finally had a change of heart, but it wasn't clearly depicted in my opinion. He just suddenly manned up as the plot requires. A little bit more insight into how Barristan processed Aerys and Aelor's moments of madness would've been wonderful.
Absolutely fantastic read.

You know it’s good when it holds up as excellent even after a second time of reading …
This story is long finished and my review doesn’t mean much of anything; I suppose I just want to share my thoughts. I think the concession should’ve been a bit more complex. While, yes the Aelors points stand; the war was started as a rebellion against the Targs for Lyanna. The deaths of the two starks were the ignition, but the main point is that a Prince took a daughter of one of the major houses unlawfully. He was married, and she had a betrothed, and there was no attempt to remedy the situation by the sitting king. The rebels first priority when surrendering, would be the return of Lyanna Stark. I don’t think there would be any peace without the firm acknowledgment that a member of the royal family cannot just take a member of a prominent house with no consequences. Of course, Rhaegar is dead, but Lyanna - at this stage - is still hidden, with no knowledge of her condition. The rebels have a just cause for rebellion, and without a remedy for that cause - the realm could still have cause for future rebellion. If Rhaegar could take Lyanna and the following war be surrendered just by the deaths of the main participants and not the return of the (assumed) kidnapped party, what stops a future Targaryen from doing the same? Lyanna could also be seen as basically a hostage, and this implies that the royal family can take hostages at any time, for any reason, and that attempting to retrieve them is treason.

Anyway, I’m enjoying the story, but I feel like that the resolution to the war was a bit too simple.
Christian Schachinger chapter 52 . 10/14
Hey, just wanted to say that i really love this story. Dont know if you will ever read this, bit thank you for this. Im currently in the hospital wing of the Austrian Army and im reading through your excellent work like its candy to a 13 year old. Love you 3
Gogo2015 chapter 72 . 9/24
Wow. Absolute masterpiece. I think you portrayed Aelor, a man burdened by duty and changed by war who tried his best for his family, incredibly. I didn't expect this when I started this. I'm still sitting here in shock after that, since I read this all in one go. From the highs to the lows, even when I hated you for a character's actions, this was amazing. Kudos, its been a while, but I don't think authors who write masterpieces like this get enough love.
xD3000 chapter 37 . 9/18
one of the worst fanfic ever, mc is not aiming to be king, is not a legendary warrior, does not have a cool personality, all he does is hate and rage around, a sentimental bitch he is, does not have good romance, all the ocs have no good point to them, this is one pile of shit put together, but... people do drugs to the point they die for it so... be carefull if you one of the shit novel/fanfic eaters... shit rain alarm!
LoL chapter 36 . 9/18
ch 36 of course instant plot armor for the lannisters i guess even if every lanister do the worst any human ever can in public they plot armor still win in the end
all lannister should die not for a holy war against sin but because it's the nessecary thing to do not to cure them of their sin LoL, but, anyone who though a Lame ass author writing fanfic would kill cercei before she kills half the world is crazy, or Tyron before he piss on the legacy of 8000 years of built up of sacrifice he would never make himself haha not a fat chance, i hope this author lose as much as his character Aelor for this stupid move LoL it would be poetic hahaha
Max chapter 16 . 9/17
ch16 review warning mc of this fanfic will not be king will not be the best warrior, wil be a cuck loving anothers wife with children, and conveniently will carry the seven kingdoms for authors wishes... get as far way from this crap as possible you have been warned
Max chapter 10 . 9/17
ch 10 LoL Aelor the cunt is the most apropiate title
Type fate chapter 62 . 9/2
sorry but i cart read this anymore as i do not like the direction it has taken but it was a good reed to now wish you the best with the your weighting though
CharlieBug1945 chapter 21 . 7/28
Plus I always despised the valyrians in general they think they're all that, the dornish made right with killing rhaenys and meraxes is shows they ain't invisible and they can be killed. I think the valyrians doomed themselves with the doom and now house targaryen is doing the same
CharlieBug1945 chapter 21 . 7/28
And the targaryen family are low compared to the other valyrian families what gave them the advantage of holding westeros was there dragons, but ever since the dance they butchered and stained themselves.
I know it has been years and you will probably never see this review of mine but I just want you to know that you are absolutely fantastic this is by far the best fanfiction I have ever had the pleasure of reading and trust me I have read a lot I love the fact that you stayed faithful to the the material but added your own unique flair to make this masterpiece a one of a kind and out of all the fanfiction I have read this is the only one that made me tear up and moved me like an actual novel honestly there are times when I'm reading that I forget that this is a fanfic the quality is just that top notch I seriously believe that you have a talent for writing and I hope that one day you would make an original novel keep up the good work 3
Mthatha SA chapter 31 . 7/2
Barrels of wildfire...it would be insanely easy
2,047 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »