Reviews for The Dragon of Duskendale
Ser Vince chapter 14 . 10/26/2015
Those can't be Iron born, they would have to have set sail months ago. And they haven't been spotted by the Dornish or the Reach (Where they would atleast need to stop for fresh food and water.) But either way another good chapter. Keep up the good work.
Silver crow chapter 14 . 10/26/2015
Just to point out if it's bloody iron born that are out there it's not Baleon grey joy who's leading them it's his father and his father is the man that wants to kill the old way and become more like the other kingdoms and be closer to the crown he's all described as a tall warrior so I hope he's there to pledge his loyalty if it is him

But please don't have anything bad happen to dear Ellia or her children or the queen mother they've had enough sorrow in there lives and I hope the chapter where Aelor kills Robert and meets the foolish Lynna comes up soon
Anna chapter 14 . 10/26/2015
Brilliant chapter! And the cliffhanger, you are killing me!
RandomDude chapter 14 . 10/25/2015
Wait, just had a thought. What happened to Pycelle. He's likely behind the gates being opened. Aelor is probably far less likely to just a clear Lannister loyalty go as Robert was.
RandomDude chapter 14 . 10/25/2015
Damn, what a bad eplace to stop.
Longships on the horizon. Naturally one would think the ironborn. I'm not so sure though. Lord Quellon Greyjoy was a man that tried to stop the old way of the ironborn and integrate them with the rest of the kingdoms. He waited until after the Battle of the Trident in canon before attacking the Reach. I find it unlikely he'd make such a premature move against the Targaryens.
There's also the issue of the likelihood he could attack Dragonstone. Sort of on the wrong side of Westeros. He'd have had to go past the Shield Islands, the Arbor, circled around Dorne, and passed Tarth to reach Dragonstone. All loyal to the Targaryens. Not to mention the Redwyne fleet had to either be at the Arbor or in Shipbreaker Bay. Really stretching it, for the Targaryens to have not been warned.
I'm going to say they are ships of either Gulltown or White Harbor. Longship implies ironborn, but at a distance it could just mean ships on the horizon. Also without the Battles of Gulltown, Ashford, and the Bells, the rebels could have certainly used the time to maneuver and devise an assault on Dragonstone. Taking it would be a huge moral victory.
Even if they are attackers though, Dragonstone isn't out yet. It's a strong fortress. It was one thing for it to surrender in canon after the Targaryens were totally beaten on the mainland, but here the fight is still on. Holding it for a while isn't an impossible, or likely even a difficult, feat. There's also the fleet that is likely at Dragonstone. Even if there isn't, sips would be just hours or days away from the other Narrow Sea Houses or King's Landing. Dragonstone definitely has a chance.
Not much else to comment on. The treatment of Tywin wasn't at all unexpected. Elia's thoughts weren't too out there either. Looking forward to the next chapter.
ReaderofFF1 chapter 14 . 10/25/2015
Awesome chapter, Oberyn madre his introduction and everybody can see that he does not likes Rhaegar (something that I find great :D)

Tywin will be kept alive and used as an hostage in order to use the westerland army, whic is good idea, but Aelor needs to be careful otherwise betrayal might happen. That said I am sure that the great battle that is coming will be great. Who knows our good friend Aelor my enter the fighting as hand of the king and finish it as a King himself, after all little Aegon is much to young to rule ;)

Elia and the others are sale in Dragonstone :) and Manfred is now a member of the Kingsguard, very nice, our friend is moving up in the world haha.

As always great chapter, very good quality, and excellent writing :D, I am sorry that his review is so short, but my IPad is giving me troubles and so does my internet connection D: so I'm just happy I got to read this update :) Keep Up the great work :D
G27th chapter 14 . 10/25/2015
Dragonstone... NO!
Lord Asmodeus chapter 13 . 10/25/2015
I must wonder, why protagonists never have the norms and values of their environment, instead they turn into these good, compassionate creatures. Such answers evade me to this day.

On another note, a great story. Aelor has his faults (his compassion is rather annoying) but other than than he makes a great Royal, a warrior and dare I say politician. Let there be blood, besides if this rebellion is successful eradicated then the dynasty can be built stronger than ever. If it is not, or there is a stalemate, everything is lost.
X59 chapter 13 . 10/24/2015
This is interesting and I'm liking the twists and turns that occur. Looking forward to what happens next.
gsaint413 chapter 13 . 10/24/2015
great intro for oberyn!
Ser Vince chapter 13 . 10/24/2015
Good job. I don't know what all the Gary stue'ing is about, i don't find Aelor that OP to be honest. Once again love your story, and i appreciate keeping the angst levels down. Keep up the good work.
Mikle Silver chapter 13 . 10/24/2015
That was interesting fight. Close quarters is indeed very dangerous and inconvenient place to fight, especially when so many pushing from behind to attack it easy to be crushed.
On another note, as long as all people do not pray on Aelor, and he is not only one successful person, and he cannot slay mobs of enemies all by himself, i think he will be alright, and not some Mary Sue or whatever.
It is really plasure to read this story, well as long as there no pink pony's and power of love))))
Silver crow chapter 13 . 10/24/2015
Okay not going to lie now the White dragon has been reunited with his other best friend for life I'm excited as hell and that's one Rebel scum delt with now to go and beat the rest of them anyway great chapter hope we get another soon

Ps I expect the red viper is pissed still like all Dornish men at the king
G27th chapter 13 . 10/23/2015
Oberyn mofo martell... And don't make another story yet lol I want you to continue devoting your writing time to this fic. I know it sounds selfish but you make me sound selfish when it comes to this story
Guest chapter 13 . 10/23/2015
Aelor here is sort of a Robert Baratheon-style fellow recast as a Targaryen prince. No madness or melancholy like the other inbreds. Same type GRRM set up to (temporarily) triumph.
I of course would prefer a bit more complexity. Thus I cannot hate Rhaegar; he may have simply taken a verrry long view.
GRRM seems to enjoy making heroes out of many types rather than just one. That's the richness; tested or tempted by power, they keep honing one another.
Unlikely Lyanna - w/ her love for Brandon, etc - took off w/o writing to anyone; someone postulated an embittered Littlefinger (in disguise? Or his agent, as at Winterfell) may've been at Maidenpool (or near Riverrun) & intercepted her letter to Brandon out of spite, surmising it'd lead to his ruin.
Rhaegar's devotion to a prophecy will likely be vindicated in canon: implication being that Jon Snow's existence will be worth all the wars & dynastic interruptions for what he alone can do against the Others. First Stark/ Targaryen combo. Stark magic could trump Dragon magic & put a spin on any prophecy...
Woods witch may've still been at God's Eye & played a role in Rhaegar / Lyanna meeting - or later wedding in godswood. Arya saw her there later still.
Sword & shield aren't the only powers in Westeros.
2,079 | « Prev Page 1 .. 119 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 .. Last Next »