Reviews for The Dragon of Duskendale
ReaderofFF1 chapter 7 . 10/12/2015
Great chapter as always, Barristan the Badass imparting wisdom by having Aelor recognize that a men die, that war despite what the songs led other to believe is ugly, that a setback is just that, and that the fight must continue is very well done.

Aelor is being affect by war which is a nice touch, many times when a character kills for the first time he or she gets over it in like 0,5 microseconds. While moping around is no good ( it leads to angst that does nothing but hurt the story) having the character recognize the bad things is good, life is not a song, especially when living in the Asoiaf world. Aelor will grow and will become stronger, he will do no less, after all he is a Dragon :D

Elia as always is lovely and enchanting, her relationship with Aelor seems to be getting deeper as time passes, even though they are not together the distance between them just seems to deepen their bond. It is as they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" how much fonder though I don't know. That is great, Rhaegar does not deserves Elia. I wonder what you will do with them and their relationship :)

I can't wait to see the rebels get smashed now that the Dragon has awoken :D

As always great chapter, not the longest chapter but your updating constantly so is ok ( though I must say each time I finished reading a chapter I can't wait for the next one, your story is addictive ;D )

I truly love the quality of your work :D . As always keep up the good work :)
Machoking chapter 7 . 10/12/2015
Seems like Aelor is getting some character development and the clash with Robert is coming up. I'm excited to see what happens. Keep up the good work.
Machoking chapter 6 . 10/12/2015
You can't win them all. Setbacks are good. You don't want your character turning into an invincible Mary Sue. It does seem Robert is outnumbered and surrounded by three armies so I have no idea how he'll get out of this, or if he will. Rhaegar is MIA and a potential wildcard at this point. I somewhat suspect he'll find a way to sabotage Aelor for prophecy reasons.
Machoking chapter 5 . 10/12/2015
The first action scene is quite good, as was Aelor's commentary, particularly the line about the hammer and the anvil. The usual thing would be to have your main character lead the decisive charge. It was a good change.
Machoking chapter 4 . 10/12/2015
Aerys seems appropriately paranoid. Maybe slip in a "burn them all!" next time?
Machoking chapter 3 . 10/12/2015
Duskendale really should be more politically important. It's somewhat large and near King's Landing, which would mean it could raise a decent number of men. I don't remember reading it mentioned in canon much.
Machoking chapter 2 . 10/12/2015
You write well. It isn't quite on the level of "can't tell the difference between you and GRR Martin" but it gets the job done. Your prose pretty much tells the story you want to tell without any obvious fanfic tells.
Machoking chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
I love the premise. You get a lot of "Robert's legitimate child" fics but I've never seen something like this.
G27th chapter 7 . 10/12/2015
I can't wait for the the battle against Robert and I hope rhaegar dies whether it be by the hands of aelor or Robert. As usual man, awesome chapter!
Hackslash24x7 chapter 6 . 10/11/2015
Glad to see a realistic character who is prone to mistakes unlike other stories and an even better battle scene. Amazing chapter.
Silver crow chapter 6 . 10/11/2015
Oh and I hope your considering the idea of Aelor kicking Rhaegars ass when he turns up Rhaegar doesn't deserve to lead anything at this point for the mess he's caused and it would hurt moral if he took over the loyalist army from Aelor think about it would the men rather have the man who spent the first part of the war hiding away in the tower of joy while they all died because he couldn't keep it in his pants and the man who has no real military experience or the man whose lead them from the start and is a proven warrior and General so when Rhaeger asks for command Aelor kicks the shit out of him and Jon C if he fan boys to much over his Silver prince getting hurt
Silver crow chapter 6 . 10/11/2015
I'm guessing the White dragon isn't happy now and great battle btw but like I said I'm waiting for his battle with Robert which im hopeing will take place soon and like I said I can't wait for Aelor to kill him

Anyway great chapter again can't wait for your next one
ReaderofFF1 chapter 6 . 10/10/2015
Ohh Aelor lost that one :( even though he defeated many the important ones managed to escape, while sad it also shows that Aelor isn't perfect something that makes the story better, there are many stories out there when a character is perfect and never faces any obstacle, that or any opposition is defeated in like 3 lines , and while I am fan of victory, such things just reduces the quality of the story. It is great to see that this story will definitely not become a victim of that :D

That said now that Aelor recognizes that his standard plan will not succeed every time he will need to correct this flaw, it is time to get better commanders at his side, that or being more creative, he has ser Barristan Selmy with him, he can get some experience from the strong knight who was a integral part of the war of the Ninepenney Kings.

Great chapter, the battle was very well done and it will definitely help Aelor to improve as a warrior and as a leader. Now it is time to go and crush Robert Baratheon that drunk, whoremonger needs to get his ass kicked by Aelor :D

Awesome read as always, Keep up the good work :D
Guest chapter 6 . 10/10/2015
I think Robert will escape to the Stony Sept in the Riverlands with an army. He can attack Ashford with a portion of his men, Mace Tyrell will see this as an opportunity to crush the rebellion and a fool looking to earn glory will most likely take it. Robert retreats, heads for the Stony Sept, the Battle of the Bells, Robert regroups with Jon Arryn and Ned Stark. Aelor gathers what forces he can, his men, Oberyn and the Dornishmen, Reachmen under the command of Randyll Tarly, sends Mace and the rest of his army to lay siege to Storm's End. Rhaegar comes out of hiding, assumes command of the royalist forces under the command of Ser Jon Connington Lord of Griffon's Roost and Hand of the King at the Battle of the Bells accompanied by Kingsguard Prince Lewyn Martell and Ser Jonothor Darry. Rhaegar convinces Aelor to join forces with him, as much as Aelor hates Rhaegar for causing the war, they needed each other to end it. And comes the Battle of the Trident.
G27th chapter 6 . 10/10/2015
Noyssss mate I like how your upping the word length for the chapters... Aelor better take that throne from aerys! Old bastard is worthless
2,079 | « Prev Page 1 .. 127 134 135 136 137 138 .. Last Next »