Reviews for The Dragon of Duskendale
ReaderofFF1 chapter 5 . 10/9/2015
Great chapter, Aelor is a warrior, that he has shown here, the stormlords are falling against the Dragon and know he will get the knowledge of their tactics, Aelor needs to be efficient and perhaps even brutal with his enemies, not only does he needs to defeat the Rebels but also he has to show everybody that rebellion equals pain or death for them, that way not only will he stop this rebellion but also many others, kind of like Tywin did with the Reynes and the Tarbecks, however once he wins he also has to be politically efficient so in the future people will have no desire to rebel and those who might have the thought will be to scared, he has to be like Aegon the Conqueror those who rebel will die in a field of fire, those who bend the knee will survive and might find themselves in good positions and those who think of rebellion will not do it because they will know that to do so is to kill themselves.

Wow I went into a kind of deep thought rant xD , sorry about that :D with all of that said I loved the fighting scene it was detailed, it was exciting, kind of short but then again battles are quick so it makes sense and this fight had already started. Good tactics and strategy from Aelor and his lords and a nice bunch of hostages, an all around win :)

Aelor will know have acces to some of the plans made by Robert and his rebellious lords so there is a great opportunity to crush them in a brilliant strategic display and with the stormlands out the enemy army will lose power and it will also allow the Reach and the Dornish armies to play a bigger role in the battle, Aelor along with Barristan, Oberyn and Randyll Tarly are a strong combination, and with the huge army of the Reach, well the rebels will definitely be having a bad time :D

Once again a great chapter, keep up the good work I can't wait to see what will happen next :)
Anna chapter 5 . 10/9/2015
Great chapter! A realistic view of a battle. I can't wait to see more!
Hackslash24x7 chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
Great story man,really great
G27th chapter 5 . 10/9/2015
Nice update man, keep it up! I'm lovin the savage dragon side to aelor
Ramzes chapter 4 . 10/8/2015
Your Elia seems captivating. And for all his cordiality to people, Aelor does look like someone who wants a family of his own. I am very intrigued what will happen in this scenario. Ser Manfred's presence indicates that there IS going to be need of him, yes?
G27th chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
This is a great story with a lot of potential. I'm glad aelor didn't need to marry a tully lol. Keep up the great job ! Thanks
G27th chapter 3 . 10/7/2015
Awesome story so far. I just finished chapter 2 but I swear to god imma die if aelor marries a fookin tully
Guest chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
Here's a plan, when Prince Aelor marches his army in the Stormlands, Robert had already defeated the Stormlords loyal to the crown at Summerhall, and marches on Ashford with his army and left Stannis in charge of Storm's End. So hears the plan, Robert crosses the border between the Stormlands and the Reach, the Tyrells join the crown against the rebels. Lord Mace Tyrell moves his army from Highgarden to Ashford with Randyll Tarly commanding the vanguard. Aelor sends a message to Oberyn Martell in the Dornish Marches, Oberyn can move his Dornish vanguard to Ashford. The Tyrell army will hit Robert's army from the west, the Dornish under Oberyn from the south-west and Prince Aelor from the east. Doing so they can surround Robert and his army and crush them. Of course that will be too easy to end a rebellion, so Robert finds a way out, escapes with half of his army... more or less depending on how long he fights in Ashford which his hatred of the Targaryens may cloud his judgement and Aelor is a Targaryen.
Anna chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
Great chapter! I like Aelor and Elia.
ReaderofFF1 chapter 4 . 10/7/2015
Great update :D , is nice to see Elia :) I have always felt that she deserved far better than what she got, Rhaegar didn't deserved someone so beautiful and loyal as he proved when he shame her in Harrenhal, is great to see Aelor taking precautions to protect her and her children.

Once again awesome chapter, you could feel the tension when Aelor and Aerys met, the Tullys have spurned Aelor's offer so it is time to burn them to the ground. I can't wait for the war to begin and to see how Aelor deals with it :D great chapter, keep up the good work :)
Ramzes chapter 3 . 10/6/2015
Aelor seems to know his stuff in many aspects, including the fact that he doesn't know it all. And he has a good deal of the gift of attracting people to him. All in all, a well-rounded character. I am very curious what the Seven have in store for him.
Anna chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
Great chapter!
ReaderofFF1 chapter 3 . 10/5/2015
Great chapter :D Nice to see Aelor has surround himself with competent Lords, while they are no Randyll Tarly o Stannis Baratheon they are definitely no Mace Tyrell nor Renly Baratheon. They might not be great but they aren't incompetent either, they offer solid advice and it falls to Aelor to lead, just like it should.

Love to see that Aelor is not just good at combat but actually is also very good at planning and celebrations ( I mention these due to the great feast he provided) it shows the complete education that is expected of a prince. Furthermore by not being always sad and gloomy ( like Rhaegar) Aelor with charisma and celebrations will definitely earn the loyalty of his subjects. One of the reasons Robert was so successful in his rebellion was due to his charisma which motivated many to follow him. Aelor's own charisma will definitely help, perhaps even sway some other lords to his side instead of Robert's.

Awesome chapter, I can't wait to read more. The battles are going to be amazing :) perhaps now that there is a Targaryen with a proper brain they can command the Reach to participate in a more important way after all the Tyrells are loyal and their hundreds of soldiers are definitely going to help.

Excellent work, I can't wait to read more :D
ReaderofFF1 chapter 2 . 10/5/2015
Duskendale is actually pretty impressive and it make sense for Aelor to get and awesome keeps hat can be transformed into a major port town. The only problem that duskendale has is that being so close to King's Landing it may have problem transforming from a simple port into a major one however I believe it can be done after all it is in a good spot and instead of competing with KL it could take advantage of it's position after all merchants from Essos and other areas can go to both places in a short time.

Aelor is smart uniting with House Tully will prevent the Riverlands from joining with Robert, which would be a great blow against the rebellion however that being said I really hope Aelor doesn't ends up marrying Lysa she is crazy and obsessed with Baelish if Aelor must marry with a Tully let it be Catelyn and if the Tullys refuse then burn them to ashes.

Once again great chapter I can't wait to read more :D
ReaderofFF1 chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
Awesome first chapter, I have always believed that if the realm had another prince besides Rhaegar, a prince that was actually competent then the Targaryen dynasty would have survived, as much as people praises Rhaegar To me he was weak, he knew his father was mad yet he did nothing, he had a beautiful wife yet he choose to forget her for another, and in the end he fail against Robert in the Trident. He failed as a prince and future ruler, as a husband and as a warrior. For all the love he gets his life was full of fail.

Is nice to see an actual competent prince, one that is not content with seeing his legacy be erased, Aelor seems to be the prince that the realm truly needs. He is actually going to act instead of pretend that nothing is wrong, bravo for him. That said great beginning keep up the good work :D
2,060 | « Prev Page 1 .. 127 134 135 136 137 138 Next »