Reviews for The Dragon of Duskendale
Coolness121 chapter 72 . 7/2/2022
Well first, I had a blast reading this. You should be proud of what you accomplished with this. Second, as I finish and find the words to say, how the f*ck is this rated T for Teens?
Word6 chapter 25 . 6/30/2022
Why did Elia have to die. Dropped.
Lordie chapter 72 . 6/9/2022
I'm happy I stumbled across this. It's wonderfully well done.
avaughnk chapter 72 . 5/14/2022
This was amazing. 10/10 one of the best stories I have ever read, fanfiction or not.

This should be listed as an intro to reading and writing fanfiction.
Kalynnblack chapter 30 . 5/13/2022
I would have liked to see someone give it to her good she deserves to suffer the guilt al9ng with reaghor but he's dead and gets no suffering
avaughnk chapter 52 . 5/11/2022
Holy shit that was fucking brutal. And awesome.

This is some game of thrones shit.
avaughnk chapter 37 . 5/11/2022
I dont hate Lefford because she isn't Dayne. I hate her because she is from the Westerlands and I hate the entire region.
sirashacunia chapter 72 . 5/1/2022
So, now I'm done, and I can confidently say it was the best GoT fanfic I've ever read. Quite the significant canon divergence from the start, it was really easy to keep reading, as at first every chapter was another battle, all advancing the plot and nicely skipping over uninteresting discussion and moving about of armies a lesser writer might have wasted the reader's time with.
The larger timeskip was a great one too, allowing the next generation to come forward, and keeping that ambivalence over our hero's actions. There are no innocent rulers in Westeros, and the actions of the characters always felt understandable, to me at least. Explicitly including those of Jonhaerys, as I've seen him catch a lot of criticism in other reviews.

The mechanics of White Walkers and Daenerys-egg-hatching weren't quite what my headcanon of it is, but I will say it was well put together overall. I was a bit disappointed that Aemon and Samwell's research on obsidian lead to absolutely nothing though.

If I had to find any criticisms, apart from some SPAG, it would be that there were a bit too many Targaryens overall. Their names are already so similar, and there really didn't need to be 3 infant daughters of Aelor who never did anything in the story.

Overall a great story, that managed many things most fanfictions don't. It actually finished, not even GRRM managed that, for starters. But it also had a "prince that was promised" plotline that didn't feel like a 3yo came up with it. It didn't matter for most of the story, excepting Rhaegar noone did anything they did because of a prophesy, and it still felt satisfying in the end. The POV chapters for Aemon and Aegon helped immensely in fleshing out their characters, I liked the ones for Jon and Daenerys too. Jon's romance with Val also felt very natural, understated but a pairing I enjoy, so I liked it.
If all we had was Aelor's perspective, I wouldn't have felt for these characters as I did.
Another thing I have rarely seen a story do, is showing how horrible the fighting everywhere is, while still making battles into enjoyable action scenes with badass warriors. These two aspects are somewhat at odds with one another, but you managed to strike a good balance between them.
Your dialogue also felt appropriately old, but never overly stilted.
I could go on and on about the things I liked about this story, but this review is long enough. Thanks for writing this!
sirashacunia chapter 59 . 5/1/2022
Great story all the way, but Jon/Jaeharys is especially great so heres a first review. Canon Jon was a bleeding heart, but this one just tells Mance "Do it then" when threatened with bringing down the wall. Badass stuff
Miscjt chapter 21 . 4/1/2022
Fucking excellent
amaan1234 chapter 11 . 3/20/2022
Dropping this trash, aelor is piece of shit put of all the women he goes after a used women. We people in Asia are mostly virgins males included. So we expect a virgin girl too as a wife not some whore who have slept with tons of men
thecraz7storm chapter 11 . 2/28/2022
Your main character is a piece of clay. At one moment he is a coward and a hypocrite (the situation with his mother, the execution of Lord Stark, submission to a mad father), and at another he is an enraged warrior who destroyed a cohort of soldiers and children. People with a similar character on the battlefield would never have allowed such egregious events to happen, and your hero should have stabbed his father himself because he mentioned it and talked about fearlessness, but instead ran away like a coward. This scene in this chapter is nothing more than an attempt to revive an already stillborn character.
LedyRheill chapter 72 . 2/28/2022
just finished in less than a day. the main idea was good, but the execution is great. thank you!
Hoosthat chapter 1 . 1/24/2022
One of the most horrific fanfics ever written.

-Job