Reviews for Fate Has No Hold
rapunzl chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Wow. You weren't kidding when you said dark; no happy endings here, no pleasantries - just raw hurt and hardened hearts.

I really enjoyed this piece, even so. Again, your descriptions of the scene, the characters expressions, their emotions are all artful and so well written. I am becoming quite the fan of your work. :)
chloe alone chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
love it though i wish they could be together forever.
Enchanter chapter 1 . 7/24/2003
Oh my! That was absolutely wonderful and so sad...but in a good way. Excellent work!
KatrinaAnn chapter 1 . 1/14/2003
I love it, but oh my god, Marguerite not with Roxton it's heart breaking, especially as there's a w***, I can't call her his w***, I won't. Where's the next chapter, don't leave it to long, you're killing me, my poor heart.
Gabbo chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
Awwww the best, the best...not weird at all. Is a nice change to read this. Where's the next chapter, can't hardly wait! Love the line about the hair. Challenger's lost daughter...hehehe
Trudy Perry chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
Actually, I didn't think it was weird at all - I thought it was in intriguing start! Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
are you going to write any more of that?
veggie5 chapter 1 . 1/3/2003
Zarah,

I'm intrigued! Great start! I love the great plot twists you've thrown in. Tho, it was sad to read that Marguerite left poor Roxton at the alter. :( Keep up the amazing work... I know you will. :)
orry28 chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Please keep writing! I am really enjoying the twist of child involved.
lisa chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
woohooo!

Red hair, why not? I like the imagination!

Roxton married this ...(very bad word for a woman with low morals)

Challengers long lost daughter... funny :)

Ill love the next chapter!

Love, Lisa
TLWROX chapter 1 . 1/2/2003
Tear my heart out, stomp on it, spit on it, and run away with it, why dontcha? Where's the next part? Cuz you're GONNA write about Roxton following her to New York, RIGHT? And him leaving his wife and marrying Marguerite- RIGHT? (And her hair back to dark brown- RIGHT? Uhhhh- Marguerite as a red-head- *shudder and whimper*- though that line about Challenger's long-lost daughter was FUNNY) ;)

This was absolutely fantastic. Though it DID make me all depressed to think about M leaving R at the altar- it was beautifully written.

I CERTAINLY hope you give us another part. Wonderful job! :) :) :)
fab chapter 1 . 1/1/2003
this definitely has grabbed my attention. Roxton with all that penned up anger and desire underlining it is so good. continue on can't wait!
Emma chapter 1 . 1/1/2003
intersting... keep going, I'd like to see what happens in New York.
Beckers chapter 1 . 12/31/2002
Well done! We are so used to "happliy ever afters" and "sweeping romance" that we tend to forget the "what ifs" ...

The LJR in this story reminds me of the Roxton we meet at the beginning episodes of TLW. He could be quite arrogant and cynical, trying to get past his ghosts. He was a man who had never been in love. Then, once on the plateau, he found a new family and the woman of his dreams ... Oh, what a cruel blow that the return to "civilization" brought with it such angst!

And Marguerite. Still the same yet we hear a hint of pain when she talks about "their wedding day" and an unexpected surprise. Does she regret leaving when she did? I think so but to face the man she loved and still loves - when he has, it seems, become so cold hearted ...

Again, well done!
Steffi chapter 1 . 12/31/2002
WOWOW! That was a pretty good start! Although I dont like Roxton married to someone else it does make it better that Roxton doesnt like this fact or the woman after all. :D And Marguerite red hair? Whoooohoooooo love your ideas! :D I cant wait for more!

Steffi :)