Reviews for Always You Three
Guest chapter 45 . 10/22/2017
I think it’s great how you have managed to be so faithful to canon while making a completely new story with a great bunch of characters
GETAWAYFROMMEGOAWAYNOW chapter 38 . 10/20/2017
I was worried about the title... Curiosity Killed the CAT. Luckily, you really did mean the metaphor.
GETAWAYFROMMEGOAWAYNOW chapter 37 . 10/20/2017
She'll still have to be careful... Dumbledore knows about her Animagus.
GETAWAYFROMMEGOAWAYNOW chapter 30 . 10/20/2017
Moody never changed, did he? CONSTANT VIGILANCE!
alix33 chapter 45 . 10/20/2017
I think Ro should jot down her Quidditch strategies in a notebook somewhere and not just in the snow.
Poor Irma (at reading she’s always short of winter clothing)! I hate my fictional or real life favourites ever getting cold, as I had a week’s hospital stay when I was eight years old for operations on my congenitally foreshortened Achilles tendons at supposedly the height of the South African summer and I’ve never been colder than that week in my whole life and I wouldn’t want it to befall any of my favourites either.
The phrase “Ro’s many woolly hats” made me think of the many woolly hats Hermione Granger would knit to free the house elf generations later.
Poor Poppy, at her too small coat with the holes and at her still being cold.
Yay! at Poppy’s new coat and at Irma getting her old coat as a hand-me-down (I’ve never minded hand-me-downs: I’ve got shop-bought winter jumpers that are hand-me-downs from my younger, richer and bitchier sister and from my mom, summer jumpers (which I at first referred to as “sweaters” but then your A/N and its reference t your GCSEs reminded me that you’re a Brit, so I changed them to “jumpers”) that my late maternal grandmother had ordered from a woman who knitted them on a machine for my mom in the early 1960s and two long-sleeved cardigans that I got out of my grandmother’s closet from when we went to pack away her clothes after her funeral).
Ro’s complaint about not being allowed to wear school trousers made me think of my own high school (in South Africa high school is from 8th to 12th grade) years: My mom was on the PTA and each year from 1985 to 1990 she begged the headmaster to change the school rules so that the girls could wear the boys’ grey trousers too if they chose to do so. The girls’ winter school uniform consisted of rugby-like socks to just below the knee and A-line skirts to just above it and our poor kneecaps froze like the clappers in winter. The headmaster refused my mom’s plea every year, only to allow it finally in 1991, when we had both graduated and my mom was no longer on the PTA!
Irma’s black heeled lace-up boots sound so stylish!
As does prof. Merrythought’s dress.
I LOVE Larry’s idea of tripping Druella and Abraxas.
I like the sound of the purple waistcoat and the maroon colour of the trousers, though not the bagginess. I have thin little legs and any kind of trousers even remotely baggy makes me look like a clown.
Yes, a book title or the name of a wizarding swing band (considering it’s post-war in Britain).
GETAWAYFROMMEGOAWAYNOW chapter 24 . 10/19/2017
Wouldn't Dumbledore have gotten Filch to stop the whipping? He should have been able to convince Dippet.
alix33 chapter 44 . 8/28/2017
EW! I dislike Svetlana’s fur hat something horrid.
I like that someone saw and or had at least a fair measure of common sense and allowed the Durmstrang witches to wear trousers, in Scotland’s cold.
That steaming jacket potato sounds yummy as all get out.
I was banned from the ballet class when I was six for being too disruptive (the one and only time in my life I was allegedly thus). In the year I was seven my congenitally foreshortened Achilles tendons were finally diagnosed correctly (I was born when my mom was 28 weeks pregnant and I got that and horrendously bad eyesight courtesy of my premature birth) and operated on when I was 8 and a half. There is a rhythm gene/chromosome running through my dad’s side of the family but I didn’t even get the gene/chromosome in its recessive form while my sister and my two nieces all got both the dominant and the recessive form of that chromosome/gene and they can thus all dance like nobody’s business.
HogwartsDreamer113 chapter 44 . 8/26/2017
Awwwww go Larry! :D So sweet! And Poppy with Lyall Lupin was adorable too. :)

I'm sorry about not being able to go to university this year. I hope it's still a good year for you and that things are better at home now. I'll be thinking of you.
Alinyaalethia chapter 44 . 8/26/2017
A would-be Scot says thank you for getting the ceilidh in there! They're terrific fun, Minerva's right, and her love of them is another of your lovely glancing details. Lovely to be back with this lot too. You write them do well that I feel part of the set, and I've an especial soft-spot for Poppy my fellow tea-in-crisis person. (Poppy would, I hasten to add, be infinitely more practical, what with her working medical knowledge, but tea would definitely feature too.) Lyall was the perfect choice of partner for her, and I'm looking forward to Christmas this year round. You do do occasions magnificently. I also really enjoyed the advancement of Larry's crush on Minerva. Placing the scene in Poppy's point of view so that we were outside looking in was a nice touch, as was the girls' irrepressible curiosity. I loved they all knew to anticipate what was going on when Minerva didn't -it's so often that way with friends. And it's hard to say who's most excited, the girls or Minerva, which typifies this set of friendships. They sit with each other in joy as much as they do in sorrow and it's beautiful, and not done enough in fiction. Your last line was gold, and so true. She was unfazed by the whole animagus ordeal but being asked to this dance -you could tell it had never fully registered with Minerva as an idea, however much she might have wanted it. It does perfectly the thing you make look so effortless, preserves the character as we meet her while also making her her age, and more human than ever.
HogwartsDreamer113 chapter 43 . 4/26/2017
Yay, go Minerva! Although I was sure you were going to make her the champion, it's exciting to see just the same. I love Poppy's concern for her, too. She's so sweet.
Alinyaalethia chapter 43 . 4/24/2017
The excitement here was palpable. I love any excuse we get to read a Hogwarts occasion, and this was a treat. Keeping it all in Ro's POV was absolutely the right decidion. I'm looking forward to getting to know Larry better, he's already coming nicely into his own, and I'm enjoying watching the girls taking notice. Also, obscurely, I really like wee Robbie's pride in his sister as she and Ro submit their names to the cup. The dragons might be a draw from the canon, but you kept it fresh and as ever I'm impressed by how easy you make writing sports sequences look! I held wondered if some if Minerva's quiddich trining would serve her here but really liked what you did with her Anamagus, making this stunt very much hers. Good luck with exams, and write when you can. We'll be waiting!
alix33 chapter 43 . 4/23/2017
"hordes of Hogwarts students". "Hoards" is the action of someone who saves up unneeded stuff in the belief they'd need it at some point in the future.
If I had Hogwarts food for three meals a day, I'd be the size of the Knight Bus or bigger by my seventh year, as everything always sounds so yummy that I'd lose even the little self-discipline I have around food.
I hope Ro's favourite quill brings her entry all the luck in the world.
I love it that Ro got to see the Gryffindor party prep for the first time.
"girls' staircase", not "girl's staircase".
I agree with Poppy: I'm scared for Minerva too.
"three weeks' time", not "three week's time".
Minerva wearing trousers sounds stylish, even though blood soaked.
Guest chapter 43 . 4/23/2017
Awesome i can 't wait more. I laugh with this fic
Alinyaalethia chapter 42 . 4/12/2017
The Slug club does not improve either exposure, but how well you write it. The tension at the invocation of the Vectors' father was palpable -Irma and Millicent are well out of it, I say. I did like the scene with Millicent. She really does draw clever people around her, but they have heart to and seeing them build her up was sweet. I especially like Ro's line about Millicent always having the right thing to say. That's no small gift and rare with it.

I could feel the anticipation of the tournament building but I did have to laugh at the girls feeling the cold. Ceremony is rarely comfortable! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store with this plot.
morningstar115 chapter 42 . 4/11/2017
Just found this story and I have to tell you: it's amazing! There really should be more fanfics similar to this. Your writing style is very entertaining!
I love what you've done to the younger versions of Pomfrey, McGonagall and Madame Hooch. I can't decide which one I enjoy reading about more...Ro or Min. Of course Poppy is always a sweetheart, though I like all the girls and I'm developing a soft spot for Irma in particular. All the little bits that tie into the canon story (the future) are golden.
I'm excited for the Triwizard Tournament...I'm wondering if you're going to write this as one of those failed attempts at reinstating it mention in GoF or if you're going to make it more AU than that? Either way I'm sure it'll be great!
298 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »