Reviews for A Miracle or Two
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
Nicely done.
xavionite chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Wow! I just discovered this story after recently getting back into CHiPs. I used to watch it all the time when I was a teenager and lately I've been getting nostalgic, so I went looking for it and found the first two seasons on Amazon Prime. Anyway, since I can't buy it all at once, I figured I could check out some CHiPs fan fiction and I found this. DebR, you have done a great job crafting an excellent story while keeping true to the characters from the show. Plus this story was just a rich blessing for me to read. I don't know whether you are writing any more or will even see this-I see nothing new from you since 2002-but I wanted to let you know how deeply you touched me with this story. Thank you and may God bless you.
macberly chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
Oh, I loved this story! Bear was always my favorite CHP and I love how you captured his obvious good heart and kind soul! Thank you for sharing this!
DaynaWayna chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
I forgot to add some things! I absolutely LOVED the Crossover between CHiPs, Emergency! and Adam-12. It was brilliant! :) It lended great authenticity to the entire thing.

I also wanted to comment on the 'smells' of Joe's memories... wow! So vivid and complex. You are truly a gifted writer Deb.

And Albright... what a vile, horrible creature he is! I'm so glad he got hit with a bedpan! :D LOL

And I have to mention how much I love your characterazation of Jon... "the soft-spoken officer", "Only Jon Baker stood to one side, and like Getraer, he seemed to be trying to permanently fix the scene in his mind." I love Jon and you've sent my heart all a-flutter!

My only "complaint" would be that you use some foreign words that you don't translate, like the "look" Barry would give Bonnie when he sees the Balloon... 'You do know you’re being a great big oumethaune, don’t you?’ Firstly I can't pronounce it, and 2ndly.. what does it mean! :)

And finally... What is it about Barizca that causes writers to hurt him? You and MadyBay are notorious for it! LOL The poor guy... give him a break! LOL

Thanks again for an amazing read... I've recommended it to a few of my friends.

Dayna
DaynaWayna chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I am incredibly impressed with this amazing story. You have all the characters down perfectly. It was nice to see this as a Barry and Joe-centric story; Sarge is often overlooked. I love how you brought his past to the present, and you totally brought in the True Reason for the Season. Yet it was not preachy or overdone in any way.

Kudos to Santa... he is a Wise Man indeed. I don't know who his assistant was though, but he was good as well. Loved the road to self discovery for all concerned, and you threw in drama, angst and comedy in equal measure... and lets not forget Miracles. I'm so glad Bear was healed that way... and his "Christmas Eve from Hell"... oh my goodness.. how I managed to not cry is a mystery to me because I was so touched! That poor child! :( But you fixed that too, and it was beautifully done.

Thank you for this amazing story, and thank you for showing that Faith is not dead and a beautiful and strong thing in a persons life.

Dayna
KimJo chapter 1 . 2/22/2005
Thank you for a wonderful story. I liked the Santa character appearing differently to different people. Are you from a Dutch background? It really cracked me up when Pieter Schwartz (sp?) said he was in enforcement!
Peekaboo42 chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
I can't believe only four people have reviewed this most excellent story. This piece has all the elements of a great story. I particularly appreciated your use of Santa Claus. Several parts of this gave me chills. Thanks for a great read. Hope to see more from you.
bill chapter 1 . 12/25/2003
thank you for an excellent reminder of whats important.
Mady Bay chapter 1 . 1/9/2003
Great story, Deb! Glad to see something "Beary" from you again!
montanasings chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Wow, that is an amazing story! Your humor was funny, the snowflakes surprising, tears came to my eyes...

Your descriptions were almost touchable, and I can hear that Irish nurse speak in her wonderful brogue.

Some parts seemed overstated, but I think you were trying to get the reader to understand the emotions? You brought in past history into the story, but I wish I'd known that last part toward the first, I really would have cried then. This was nicely done.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
All I can say is WOW! This story really moved me in ways that no other has ever done. Thank you sooooo much!