Reviews for Bad Directions
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 2/25
cute :)
Ne'ith5 chapter 1 . 9/16/2016
Loved this first meeting with Estel, the twins mischievious greetings as well as the humor in Thranduil's er... directions. It made my day!
Lotrfn chapter 1 . 5/25/2016
Great way to "correct" the situation from the movie. I like the characterizations. Should prove an interesting conversation when Legolas finally gets home to discuss with Thranduil.
LadyLindariel chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
I was greatly upset at that scene too! Another great story from you :)
Neril chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
This is a great story dealing with Thranduil telling Legolas to find Aragorn. I really liked it! :) I can see why Elrond and the twins where so concerned and upset at the mention of Aragorn's name.

It's good to see that Legolas and Aragorn, eh Estel, seem to become friends quickly. :)

Great story!
Certh chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
You're not the only one who was upset with said scene in the Hobbit. It makes me laugh every time I think about it, Thranduil telling Legolas to "look for the ranger named Strider". This was a very entertaining way to deal with that discrepancy, pinning it on Thrandy having a senior moment. :D
Nienna14 chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
Ha! I was waiting for someone to write this! Awesome job by the way. I can just imagine the meeting when Legolas next met up with Thranduil.. :)
hattifnatt chapter 1 . 10/25/2015
Excellent! That scene really bothered me too - this is a great improvement :)
Eruthiadwen chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
That scene made me so angry, I muttered all the way home in the car about it. haha

But I liked your story about how it panned out.. much better explanation. .
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
I really enjoyed this at Teitho and thought it was a wonderful way of tying in PJ's big mistake with canon. I loved your little Estel too. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
Thank you! That scene made me crazy and you have just made it possible for me to watch that movie again without wanting to throw something at the screen. What a wonderful solution and so very, very well written. I enjoyed this immensely!
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
Haaa :D I remember that scene. I thought Thranduil might have been hit in the head or something XD
I really like what you've did with it though. I think Gandalf making puns (and probably being awfully smug about it) is my favourite thing :D
earthdragon chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
Good story. Maybe if Thranduil had been a member of the White Council and invited to meetings, instead of being left out, he would have been more up to date with information. It wasn't a just case of him not reading letters - the Noldor simply regarded wood elves as unimportant. The only reason the wood elves were part of the council meeting about the One Ring was because Legolas had come to tell them that Gollum had escaped. Otherwise they would have known nothing about the Quest and a different elf would been a member of the Fellowship - possibly one or both of the twins.

I must admit that, rather than being upset, when Peter Jackson put those words into Thranduil's mouth, I found them hilarious. For a start, it's unlikely that Thranduil would have known that Arathorn and Gilraen had had a child, as Arathorn was killed by Orcs when Aragorn was still a baby and the child was whisked off to Imladris and its identity kept secret, known only by Elrond's family, closest advisors and Gandalf. Even Saruman (who at that time was still a member of the Council), didn't know about Aragorn. Plus, when Aragorn did eventually become a ranger, he was known as "Strider" - or alternatively Captain Thorongil when he served under Steward Ecthelion of Gondor. Peter Jackson really needed to do his research better before he made The Hobbit. Bad enough that he made such a thin book into a trilogy, without making a mockery of the characters in it.
Warrior of Mirkwood chapter 1 . 10/5/2015
Aww this was lovely! Really sweet and very well written! I really enjoyed it.
Pip the Dark Lord of All chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
HAHA LOL YES I LOVE THIS! Perfect explanation. XD Great job!