Reviews for Culture Shock
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
It's been years since I'd been on ffnet; came back to your page recently because I remembered enjoying your Marauder characterizations and dialogue, and you've still got it. Excellent, clever, full of depth, and heartbreaking as usual. You've outdone yourself yet again. Looking forward to more - if you also ever end up doing original fiction, would love to be linked to it!
purpleradiance chapter 1 . 4/20/2016
i love the way theme of this story changes from innocent to finally disurbia
DorkQueen chapter 1 . 1/29/2016
Thanks for writing this! I feel like a lot of times fanfic authors glide over the prejudice that Muggleborns like Lily would've faced, especially during wartime.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2016
so good, write more!
Fangalitious chapter 1 . 12/30/2015
Well, that was heart-breaking. Beautifully written and very realistic, but definitely not the short of thing you read looking for a laugh. Iabsolutely loved how you ended it. In fanfiction, there's this strange expectation that every story has a real resolution, that every reader deserves closure. I think this was the perfect reminder and representation that life isn't like that. Loved it!
sensationseeker chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
Losing it this fic!

I LOVED it, I LOVED Lily here. fjkgfdkj I thought she was incredible, this is p much exactly how I picture her. I went back to look for some quotes and wound up reading it again just staggered! at everything you did with her here. The same as James last time, she came through so forcefully, I had such clear images of everything as I was reading.

Your take on Lily in general is really interesting and thoughtful; I think you sort of specially understand her, which I could tell from just you talking about her during your reread but especially here, like—idek you always come up with insights I never would have thought of and you gave her material here I haven’t seen in any other Lily fanwork before.

Your characterization stands out to me the most in these JL stories—thoughtful and unique interpretations first of all, but you express so much with so little. You’re able to get the different characters across so clearly, concisely and forcefully (even Sirius, James and Snape in their brief appearances here)—and I think it worked especially well in this story because you also came up with such clever, unusual, dark/pessimistic scenarios for Lily. Some of my favorite things were “It means I’m a witch, she wants to say, but instead she lifts one shoulder and smiles. ‘That I’m clever?’”, Lily pretending not to care about “Mudblood,” Lily insisting on seeing the film.

In conclusion: Incredible
HappyTerrier chapter 1 . 10/4/2015
This is a great story. I really dislike how Lily's old friends believed Petunia's lie. Nice idea.