Reviews for The Cerberus Files : Tactical Addenda, Opposing Forces
IAmTheCarney chapter 3 . 8/23/2017
"..., may they burn in a hell comprised of dioxygen diflouride for all eternity, ..."

FOOF!
mantimeforgot chapter 2 . 6/30/2017
Like reading your work so far, having read the entire first story arc, but I felt I needed to respond here as I am confused by the Acquisition section. How can anything be disguised as an "electrical failure" when basically everything the Asari use is Optronic in nature? I thought Optronics were Photon Gate circuitry? Or should I be thinking more along the lines of Star Trek and their EPS/Electro-Plasma Conduits?

I think a mechanical or structural failure (sabotage?) would be more likely in any event... Gravitational and Spatial stresses from biotics usage could explain all manner of structural failures and mechanical failures due to faulty hydraulics or so on.

Unless "electrical failure" was meant to be more along the lines of "computer error" or "optronic damage" in which case that sounds plausible as a means of accidental death, but are the Nightwind coherent enough to engage in subtle sabotage of complex systems?
Jim.Hero chapter 9 . 6/18/2017
Bossman, this is wonderful, and fantastic, and crude. thanks.
RED78910 chapter 9 . 5/19/2017
Very interesting. I like how you took a one off comment made in the first game and turned it into something tangible and that we could understand.

As for the League itself, it is indeed the most dangerous Non-Intergalactic/Dimensional thing yet seen.

You know, the more I read about this setting, the more I realize how close everyone is to wiping each other out already. The Reapers might not have had anything left to harvest if they'd waited a couple more centuries.

Anyway, good job!
Corenair chapter 9 . 5/19/2017
Interesting, with a Metal Gear Salarian feel to it. That being said, you're starting to have a LOT of occult organizations to juggle with, there, LP. It's engrossing, but it's going to be a challenge to deal with.
justaregularguy01 chapter 1 . 5/19/2017
"Having the realization that the salarians and asari have probably left them to their devices to be a check and a drain on humans, elcor and volus would not go down well with her sheltered upbringing."

Well I guess that answers my question :p

The League of Zero does seem like one of the biggest threats described so far. Especially if they use Zha'til or Prothean technology to perceive higher dimensions.

Or maybe they already have, I wonder where the wheel priests get their knowledge from.
Nogui chapter 9 . 5/19/2017
LoZ AI: Oh look, Cerberus! Let's hack them!
(slap in the wrist)
Vigil: boi
Militarist chapter 9 . 5/18/2017
If the SIU is the worst and vilest BLack Ops unit, then the LoZ is the most dangerous one. They have Zha's nanotech and can be described as the salarian Cerberus or the salarian Hades Group.

And I'm curious: how did the asari manage to hack the salarian data-net?
Skadarken chapter 9 . 5/18/2017
Congratulations.

You are now my go-to-guy when I need reference material for sickening and vile acts, cultures, organisations and associated trivia.

Gotta wonder though. According to canon, Protheans did not trust AI's. Assuming you're taking the same stance, wonder what's keeping them from going rampant. Got some Inusannon code base running in them, perhaps.

Either way, considering that Vigil could slap their asses, if the Reapers get their claws on them,...

I need some brain bleach. Your war is gonna be... I think I'm going to be sick.
Janizary chapter 8 . 5/18/2017
I need a drink.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 8 . 5/16/2017
"They also have dozens of words for executing other numerical percentages of a unit."

So do we, considering it's a compound word. It's just that Decimation is a commonly known one.

Anyhow, I ended up skimming, I'm not sure why but this chapter ended up annoying me... Or that might just because I'm reading it while tired.

Nitpicks:
- they're ruthless killers, not idiots – [Doesn't make sense. You're saying a smart ruthless killer would have captured a distant daughter of a member of the thirty?]
Guest chapter 8 . 5/15/2017
Ok...I think I'm gonna throw up after reading that chapter.

I suspect now that the tidbit in Ahern's Guide about the SIU being somewhat more honorable was pure trolling. I actually felt like crying once or twice while reading, and I actually feel sorry for Tiffany Minsta, incredible as it may seem.

I'd say keep it up, but I don't know if I could stomach much more of these kinds of chapters. So instead I say: loving the updates and your world-building continues to excel.
Anon chapter 8 . 5/15/2017
Well. This was well written and horrifying. Please follow up soon with a feel good chapter where many many batarians die horribly in a fire.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 8 . 5/15/2017
Nice.
justaregularguy01 chapter 8 . 5/15/2017
So that was suitably horrible to fit one of the worst races in the galaxy, but it does beg the question:

Why hasn't the rest of the galaxy followed Tiffany's advice and genocided the batarians already?

The work of all of the other races/organizations are relatively hidden from view. yes, Noveria's actions can hardly be called "better" than the SUI's, but at least Noveria keeps its excesses hidden.

The SUI's actions are extremely visible to the entire galaxy. Reading the batarian psychology section shows that this is the entire point, so why haven't the governments of the galaxy simply said "fuck it" and cleaned the Hegemony up? The asari and turians especially would be chomping at the bit to glass a few dozen batarian colonies.