Reviews for Color
zee-zee magee chapter 1 . 4/11
This is pretty much my hundredth time reading this beauty and I just had an amazing idea. In this verse, how did Regina react when she woke up in Storybrooke able to see color?
filmyfurry chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
This was such a beautiful story! I find the idea that you can only see colours when you're in love fascinating and it worked so well with Regina and Robin. I loved the way you described the different shades of colours by comparing them to various objects. The progression of Regina and Robin's relationship as well as their ability to see colours were so good. I just adored the way you write both Regina and Robin. You understand them so well and it showed in the writing. "And a colorful world may be beautiful to see again, but not nearly so beautiful as a world that has so much love to fill it once more." - this sentence is simply stunning and it was the perfect ending to this amazing story.
miladylen chapter 1 . 4/21/2016
WOWWW I LOVE THIS PIECE SO MUCH. IT'S SUPERB, SO COLORFUL HAHA. REALLY, THE DETAILS ARE INCREDIBLE AND THE DESCRIPTIONS SO RICH. IT MAKES ME ALL WARM INSIDE 3
Zee-Zee Magee chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
You need to turn this into a book! This is amazing!
outlawqueenoncers chapter 1 . 2/22/2016
this story is amazing! the descriptions are beautiful, and the concept is so intriguing!
OQForever chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
That was a beautiful one shot, make's me want more.
audreyslove chapter 1 . 2/3/2016
This is, hands down, my favorite one-shot. I read and re-read it often adn somehow have never reviewed which, shame on me. And my favorite part, which is beautifully sad, is this part right here:

"There were rumors of the evil queen. The servants in the castle knew she could not tell apart one hue of cloth from another, could not see blue sky or range leaves or red blood. And yet she seemed to know how to render each of them in perfect detail, could describe these shades in all their vibrancy as she ordered that a deep red carpet be laid in the ballroom, or that a diplomatic guest receive azure robes, or that the chairs in the banquet hall be upholstered in violet. She has lost love, they would say behind her back, she must remember color. And always they would add, who could ever have loved her?"

It's so heartbreaking to have people notice that she was human before the evil queen, that she loved and lost, and still think of her as too evil to love and be loved.

Everything is perfect, the last part is beautiful as well. You are truly a gifted writer.
dee-thequeenbee chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
I think I already reviewed this but I am speechless you guys can't understand how much I love this OS my god I am in love .. I want to tattoo this fic on my body
Listhefan chapter 1 . 12/6/2015
That was beautiful! So sensitive, so well written! Thank you very much for sharing this story with us! 3
untapdtreasure chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
I absolutely love these types of fanfiction. Seeing Color Soulmate AUs are some of my favorites of the Soulmate tropes. The descriptions are just gorgeous. Regina and Robin are so lovely. *le happy sigh*
wickedshenanigans chapter 1 . 10/22/2015
This is such a lovely concept Emily, so gorgeously visual, a metaphor come to life in this fickle coloured world. I can see it in my mind's eye so clearly, it really should be on screen! As usual you pull off a simple but lovely idea with aplomb, and this is a beautiful idea, romantic but melancholy, hopeful but tinged with grief and loss. I love too that it deals a little with the thought that most things in life are temporary. You have good times, you have bad times, and either way, you learn to live with them, and then suddenly, they've changed. Your reality has changed.
I adore the gradual seeping in of colour to their spectrum, the way they see SOMETHING, not sure they can be seeing what they think they might be seeing, but both taking a second glance anyway, just to make sure.
"Only Regina could insult him and let one him one exhilarating step closer to her in the same breath." Love that, love the use of the word 'exhilirating' :D
I think my favourite part is the moment after/during their kiss, when Robin looks at her and SEES her, fully, for the first time. His reaction, his awed incoherency, staggered by how truly STUNNING she is, so much feeling in that moment, it is absolutely glorious. Regina's wonder too, even with her subsequent fear, is just such a beautiful spectacle, I could read it over and over again.
"Soon he'll be raising his eyebrows to dramatic effect like his new best friend. What a thought." Hee, adorable.
And then of course, she sees the full spectrum again when she has her Henry back, and her heart is once again full to bursting with love. How utterly heartwarming :)
nicklaura chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
Very beautiful story... And very well written! You had me even starting to fall in love with seeing color as they did.
Zee-Zee Magee chapter 1 . 10/14/2015
Could you do a sequel to this where Regina and Robin can both see colors after the curse is cast and have no idea why? I would love to read something in that. This is an exquisite idea. How did you come up with it and are you planning on writing a book like this? That would make a killing.
colourmayfade chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
I've read this a couple of times now, and the first time around I somehow missed the little bit where Regina learns the name of the colors from books and from a kindly cook, and I love that you included that because before I had been left pondering "well, how would you know the proper names of colors if you had never seen them". And I particularly like the idea that that's how Regina would have learned, not only from written text but also from kindness and from a different kind of love that is there between a cook and a girl who that cook had certainly seen grow up and come into her own. As if the knowledge is passed on, in the end, by means of love too. (It also made me wonder about Henry Sr. and whether he ever saw color and could ever tell his little girl about it, because I have often wondered wtf his feelings toward Cora were haha).

But I also originally thought, before I noticed that little passage that had somehow slipped me, that you did such a great job with the comparisons. Such a beautiful way to execute this concept, burnt orange-red leaves; yellow as the apples your mother had when she was little. That the changing hue of tea isn't red to brown but from the color of dead leaves to cocoa to black. I feel like in this world, that is most definitely how these characters would think of colors. Not as often as the names themselves but in comparison to other things, and in this way perhaps being all the more perceptive to the nuances and differences between shades than we, who see color everyday, are.

This was just such a lovely piece and so well done, I loved every little bit of the different relationships, not just Regina and Robin but Regina and Roland, Snow and Robin, Snow and Regina. The addition of the "he smells like forest scene" was a genius detail, that scene actually fits perfectly in here and I could fully believe it in this concept.

And the progression of it was just perfect, going a little bit back and forth on their pasts, but also slowly moving forward. First with the flashes, seeing only a few colors - Regina only sees the colors of the woods and blue, blue like Robin's eyes. The way that progression matched the pace and development of their relationship. And that it would end the way it did, the only way it could really, which is that Regina's world would only really be full of color with Henry in it (and full of love, too).

This was a real pleasure to read, thank you for writing it :)
Chocapic31 chapter 1 . 10/11/2015