Reviews for Necklace
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
This starts out pretty well. I must admit I'm suspicious of every story that includes Legolas, most of them are rubbish. But this is not the case here.

It is well written and the dialogue is very good. The characters are close to canon and it could very well be true.

PS

Thanks for reviewing Gingerhead. Incidentally, my favourite elf is Haldir too. Which is probably why the cat hates him...
Ithilien chapter 10 . 1/28/2003
Ah yes, a very nice ending indeed. I love the image of Legolas looking out to the sea while clasping the necklace. And Lupa's tease that she will go to Valinor and find him some day to go away with her is quite rich. I actually sort of believe she will do it. Yes, you must write more on these two. I enjoyed their play very much, especially the brusqueness of Lupa's personality. Again, not even close to a Mary Sue. Thank you for this lovely story.
Syvia chapter 10 . 1/27/2003
_ *much rejoicing* Whatever tale of Lupa you want to tell next, I'll be there!

(Actually, I'd love to hear about her arrival in the Nexus, but that's just me ~_)
Rosie chapter 10 . 1/26/2003
Awww thats sweet. Its a happy ever after ending! Blees! Thank you so much of the fics I have followed this stroy though its joureny and enjoyed every moment - can't wait for some more from you,and ROTK will be good too (when it comes out) Happy writting!
PuterPatty chapter 10 . 1/25/2003
Yes, you *will* have to write more about Legolas and Lupa, and perhaps Haldir too. I'm secretly, oh I guess not-so-secretly, thinking there should be a little romance between Lorien's marchwarden and Middle-earth's last skin-changing wolf. But that's just me, and I'm a sap for a good romance.

I loved their sparring. I could just picture Legolas knocking down Lupa and then Lupa tripping Legolas and them ending up seated across from one another in a harumph. And good for you-bringing in Gimli's notched axe, and Eowyn's desire to fight as well.

I really enjoyed this story, VA. Thanks for the great read and the voucher. Um, I will be going to visit Legolas, I do believe. Woo-Hoo! (c. Celeborn)

Looking forward to more LotR stories from you!
Daydream1 chapter 10 . 1/25/2003
AAAAAWWWWWWW NNNOOOOOOOOOOO! NOT ENDING! BAADDDDDD! NOT FAIR! You took the necklace back! I want it! Hey, is this little voucher for real? Can I go to MiddleEarth! YYAAYYY! Aw, don't talk about Legolas leaving Middle Earth, it alwas makes me sad! GREAT STORY! See you later, and thanks for reading my stories! Hey, you want to join the great adventure in the story I'm writing? You know, the I was Bored one? Yeah, you like Leggie right? E-mail me and I'll immediatly put you in there! LOVED THIS STORY!
The Deville's Dog chapter 10 . 1/25/2003
Lovely Wolf. I really liked it and actually welled up at the end!

I think you've given me some inspriation too...

Keep up the good work, and more please! More more more!
klepto-maniac0 chapter 10 . 1/24/2003
An excellent end to a very excellent story. I hope you write more about Legolas and Lupa-they're such an interesting duo. And you have such a flair for the speaking style of the time. I love your work-I'll be keeping an eye on you. Write soon!
Garnet Turner chapter 10 . 1/24/2003
I loved it! I wish it didn't have to end! (crying) I hope you write more soon!
Ithilien chapter 9 . 1/23/2003
I owe you this review. It has been coming for a few days now, though I'm sorry I didn't realize this story was here before that. This is a wonderful tale and I'm only bummed that it must come to an end. At first I wasn't sure I understood it. I thought "The Necklace" was about Arwen's gift. But then I came to see that there was another story to tell - one about another necklace, this time gifted to Legolas - and my curiosity was piqued. I see you've done your own interpretation on movie-verse, which I would term as AU, but hey, Haldir lives, so it's got my 'good to go'. I love Lupa and Yara and am truly saddened by the younger's fate. But, and this is a big one, she was NOT a Mary Sue. Thank you for that. Again I was scared for a moment there, but gladdened when those events didn't come to be. And that Lupa and Yara are Beornings just makes them all the more fascinating to me. This is a really great read and I will pass the word on about it as I can in my next update. Until then, I hope to see another update from you soon. I'm excited to see how this finishes.
Guardian of Tears chapter 9 . 1/22/2003
Ahhhhhhhhh, they've made friends again, isn't that looooooovely _

Has Elfie read this yet? Hummmm, must yell at her tommorow if she hasn't, she said she would!
Rosie chapter 9 . 1/21/2003
This fic has the makings of a clasic despite the OC. Lupa is both witty, and sharpe - a nearly-always a perfect balance in character. Keep up the good work - and yes we all get bored some times... :)
Musicgrl chapter 9 . 1/20/2003
U r an awesome writer! keep it up!
Daydream1 chapter 9 . 1/20/2003
(glares at Lupa) Hey, don't poke my Leggie! I need him in perfect condition for my story! Oh, good chapter, I loved it! I hope you get the next one up soon! (hugs Leggie) No longer scared of my Leggie! I LOVE MY LEGGIE! LEGGIE LEGGIE LEGGIE! Hey, cool necklace, I WANT IT! (runs away with necklace) Hehehehe! _
Garnet Turner chapter 9 . 1/20/2003