Reviews for As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly
EnjoyingYourFic chapter 2 . 4/15
My favorite SM fanfic. Hilarious, and everyone in character (more or less). Complete with hygiene lesson at the end. Should have more readers and reviews - some people are missing out!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
This story... my God.
Crosswood chapter 2 . 8/26/2013
Alas, reviewing a story over a decade old would seem to be a touch late to the game. In this case however, the story is so genuinely, cleverly funny that it would be churlish to not drop a bottle into the ocean just in case the author fishes it out.

And it is very funny. The footnotes especially; there is a touch of Prachett about them, what with them referencing narrative conventions. Alas, for FF net's terrible formatting system! My favourite, if I might venture, had to be the explanation of Crystal Detroit. After that footnote the story was coloured by a lingering sadness that Setsuna wasn't keen on a future of fast cars, large hair, and inexplicable rap. Regardless, the plot smoothly flows from point to point, leaving the reader laughing as the carnage unfolds.

Technically, it is a tightly written work. I am unsure if other reviewers have commented on the way in which this story references the future, ties into the past, and then weaves into the chronological “as we read” present – but it does and the control is superb. Each section builds from or into other sections, with an economy of prose to be envied. Nothing is purple or overdone.

I have read this several times, and it remains one of my favourite short-stories in any genre. Thank you for writing this, and leaving it here for others to enjoy.

Ps. I bet that Turkey was ridiculously delicious.
LC chapter 2 . 3/18/2013
Bravo to your imagination!
That here is one hell of a story!
Absolutely loved it!
tomorrow4eva chapter 2 . 2/24/2013
So funny! That is beautiful. I adored the info message at the end! More practical then many of the real ones.
My-Crazy-Awesome-Sox chapter 2 . 1/1/2013
That was the most rediculous most hilarious most in character crack fic I have ever read. Bravo!
Blaze Kou chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
Love it! Halarious, ironic, and I've never heard of Sets crying or running off. Wait... right before Michi and Ruka took her and Hotaru's star seeds. The only one time I've EVER hated Haruka. Speaking of Haruka, loved the part abou of Sets told Mina how the self-cleaning oven worked, it would have resulted in Usa and Ruka running away and founding Crystal Detroit. Id like to know how THAT happens. Again, love the story!
MiyukiWolfire chapter 2 . 5/21/2011
Hmm, I could have sworn I'd reviewed this story already... How odd. Anyway, I have to say, this is probably one of the best-written and witty stories I've ever read on this site. It had my smiling constantly, and actually laughing out loud several times.

I just have one question, though. When Usagi transforms, shouldn't it be "Moon ETERNAL Make-Up", instead of "Moon CRYSTAL Make-Up"? She hasn't used the Crystal transformation phrase in two or three seasons.
Mr CJ chapter 2 . 2/20/2011
...Just to get this straight, Sailor Pluto, Really Important Timey-Wimey Ball Manager Person, cooked a turkey for her friend's Christmas dinner (which she intentionally sabotaged) through use of demonic possession, marinade injections, MANY galleons of high grade petroleum, collateral damage and a fishing net. And she did it to save the world.

You, sir, are both a genius, and completely insane. Sit back and relax, you have just achieved nirvana.
Revlid chapter 2 . 10/5/2010
what is this i don't even

Overused memetic responses aside, it's criminal that this story doesn't have more reviews. Absolutely hilarious. I'm not even that much of a Sailor Moon fan, and I was giggling like a maniac, seriously disconcerting my room-mate (and anyone else who happened to look in the window and see a guy in a cowboy hat cackling manically to himself, I imagine).

I must express particular appreciation for the Hitchcock bit. That was both excellent and righteous, and I take my hat off.

Thanks for the great read!

-Revlid
sun tzu1 chapter 2 . 8/9/2010
That was magnificently funny. Gleefully favorited!
Red-Elephant chapter 2 . 12/7/2009
I don't think I've laughed as hard as when Minako cremated the turkey! So random but absolutely priceless. Mamoru's reluctance to pop the question was also a nice touch.
Anne O Nemous chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
i know i read this before but i don't think i left a review :) this has got to be one of the funniest stories i have ever read in my life! and what makes it more spectacular is that you are such an awesome writer! i admire how you were able to use words just so for the perfect mix :)
laughingatmyself chapter 2 . 5/17/2009
I think i herniated a vocal chord I was laughing so hard
DyanaRoseJill chapter 2 . 4/15/2009
wow, this story totally made my day. I love your writing style, and the tongue in cheek narration.

Pluto has a difficult job, and I generally like the stories that deal with all the troubles that come along with her being able to see all the possible futures, but I really liked the twist that you put on it. Comedies are always welcome

So, fantastic job!